To Panic Or Not To Panic

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: To Panic Or Not To Panic

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:12 pm For me we need a new striker and a defender, if Bielsa goes with his 3 at the back Ayling and Pontus but we need someone else, we can’t rely on Cooper.

The three in front of the back three, Forshaw is nailed on, we then have whoever Bielsa sees as best suiting the role, two wing backs or wide midfield players? Berardi, Dallas, Pearce have all covered a similar position but are the three good enough? Will we see Klich, Phillips, Vieira or Ideguchi featuring?

Attacking well it’s Saiz or Hernandez at number 10 with Alioski and Roofe each side, Roberts the striker, we all know a new striker is top of the shopping list so it depends if Bielsa sees Hernandez and Saiz capable of playing in the same team to his system, I don’t think he will.
Seems Bielsa has been testing his famous formation.

Phil Hay i think or at least someone who reports on us has said somewhere Bielsa has been using 3 at the back.

Wing backs are Luke Ayling right side and Gianni Alioski left side. Not a bad shout really, Alioski plays there for his country, by all accounts he does a good job from reading reports during the Qualifiers. And Ayling has always been a bit suspect defensively but has certainly got the engine to go up and down the pitch.

Certainly though we need 3 quality cbs to protect us should those two get caught out, which they will eventually, nature of the formation, happens to the best teams.

Worryingly Bielsa has had to play Berardi and Liam Cooper as 2 of the 3 cbs. Neither of whom have the technical skill or pace or height in Berardi's case to play cb in this style imo.

The holding midfielder is Vieira for me (im maybe biased) but i think there is a player there potentially far above any of the others, Forshaw included.

We need 2 wide players and a striker imo, Hernandez is perfect for an Enganche.

I dont see where Roofe and Saiz fit, rotation with Pablo perhaps.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:03 pm I would be very surprised if we didn't make at least 2 very exciting signings (even if they were loans) before the transfer window shuts. Bielsa suggested 4 or 5 signings and as such we are halfway there. I don't overly care that they may be loans with no deal agreed to buy as unless we make it to the premiership it would be unlikely that we'd be able to sign them. If we do get promoted than we are in a much better position to a) be able to afford them and b) able to attract them. I doubt Huddersfield had an option to buy Mooy from Man City but after they got promoted it meant they were able to afford to buy him (I think the fee was around £10m/£11m and they wouldn't have been able to afford anywhere near that without promotion) and they also were then in a position to entice him as he knew the club and knew he would be a starter so it made sense all round for a deal to happen (Huddersfield wanted it, Mooy wanted it and City were happy to cash in on a player that wasn't going to break into their first team). If either Chlesea player excels for us it isn't likely that it would suddenly propel them into Chelsea's first team.
Live in hope that we pull off some shock signings.

Apparently close to another premier league loan and a Championship player.

Heart hopes for a Brahim Diaz loan but head says more likely to be a Jordan Hugill, a decent enough player but not one that gets the heart pumping by any stretch.

Championship player could be anyone, love it to be Sergi Canos or Jack O'Connoll, may not be high profile but both have given us the run around before.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm Seems Bielsa has been testing his famous formation.
Worryingly Bielsa has had to play Berardi and Liam Cooper as 2 of the 3 cbs. Neither of whom have the technical skill or pace or height in Berardi's case to play cb in this style imo
Cjay you should change the title of this topic to :

To Expect Or Not To Expect :lol:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 am

We’ll find out tonight with our first game at Forest Green, should be interesting
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 am We’ll find out tonight with our first game at Forest Green, should be interesting
The lads & lassies I travel to aways with Rich are heading to Forest Green today
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 am Cjay you should change the title of this topic to :

Panic is fair enough for me :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:33 am Panic is fair enough for me :lol:
Ask Radz to explain the silence....he would impersonate Manuel

'I know nothing' :roflmao:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 am Ask Radz to explain the silence....he would impersonate Manuel

'I know nothing' :roflmao:
"Que"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 am "Que"
Know nothing know nothing Mr Fawlty :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We have 5 players that we didn't have or use last season. Basically new signings

Klich
Ideguchi
Roberts
Blackman
Baker

All basically new to us
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:40 am We have 5 players that we didn't have or use last season. Basically new signings

Klich
Ideguchi
Roberts
Blackman
Baker

All basically new to us
None of them proven championship players

Who knows they all could be decent, lets hope so !
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:40 am We have 5 players that we didn't have or use last season. Basically new signings

Klich
Ideguchi
Roberts
Blackman
Baker

All basically new to us
And they are the ones signed as first teamers. Could well see a fair few youngsters in these friendlies - 6 matches in 13 days is going to require a lot of rotation.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:02 am None of them proven championship players

Who knows they all could be decent, lets hope so !
Blackman was at Sheffield last year and Baker got praise from some Boro fans from when he was there...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 am Cjay you should change the title of this topic to :

I think Just "Panic" would be better now :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2018-07-17 at 15.15.08.png
hector

Post by hector »

dont panic.png
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

For me it is time to panic, yesterday’s friendly shows how threadbare we are, two weeks left and not a significant signing, top players linked, all deemed too expensive in the wage department. We need to hit the ground running and that means bedding in any new arrivals.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not really one for conspiracy theories.

But the Bartley, Vydra, Hernandez links all came out about when the season ticket sales needed a nudge.

Slowly but surely our "interest" has dwindled as the weeks and months rolled on.

Now we have gone from Vydra and Hernandez links to Jordan Hugill loan and a move for Mbaye Diagne (who). A distinct drop in class.

We have gone from "an exciting summer" to "difficult window" and "will use the loan market".

Would the club dare feed Phil Hay nonsense information to boost sales?
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:40 am Not really one for conspiracy theories.

But the Bartley, Vydra, Hernandez links all came out about when the season ticket sales needed a nudge.

Slowly but surely our "interest" has dwindled as the weeks and months rolled on.

Now we have gone from Vydra and Hernandez links to Jordan Hugill loan and a move for Mbaye Diagne (who). A distinct drop in class.

We have gone from "an exciting summer" to "difficult window" and "will use the loan market".

Would the club dare feed Phil Hay nonsense information to boost sales?
You would at least expect PH to do some journalistic research and not simply repeat what the club are telling him surely :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 am You would at least expect PH to do some journalistic research and not simply repeat what the club are telling him surely :lol:
Well he probably has to print something everyday, hearsay better then nout :)

Just odd, Kinnear was on about "advanced talks" everything very advanced when Bielsa arrived.

Now we "might" make a move for Jozefzoon now someone else has :oops:
Signed

King Cjay