Leeds relegation odds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds relegation odds

Post by 1964white »

20/1

I rarely bet nowadays but I may have a nibble @ these odds if there isn't any significant quality additions to our squad in the next two weeks
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds relegation odds

Post by The Subhuman »

wasted money..we're not going down.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree with faaip, but in any case I would never want to profit from our club's demotion.
I'm surprised that you would even consider placing a bet on the demise of your 'beloved club'.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Good odds but would never bet on us to go down.

If the question is will we.....if things don't start well and the pressure grows on Bielsa I can see this season being a struggle and I don't feel confident enough to say we will not go down.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

My nephew backs Leeds to lose every match. He says it softens the blow when we do !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 am I agree with faaip, but in any case I would never want to profit from our club's demotion.
I'm surprised that you would even consider placing a bet on the demise of your 'beloved club'.
I've never had a wager on Leeds games but it maybe scant consolation come the end of the season Norm
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 pm Good odds but would never bet on us to go down.

If the question is will we.....if things don't start well and the pressure grows on Bielsa I can see this season being a struggle and I don't feel confident enough to say we will not go down.
Should Bielsa walk or is sacked we'll be in desperate trouble, he is my only hope right now
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:27 pm Should Bielsa walk or is sacked we'll be in desperate trouble, he is my only hope right now
A bit Star Wars, Leia 64...............'help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope' :)

:moggy:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:
I've never had a wager on Leeds games but it maybe scant consolation come the end of the season Norm
The problem with betting is that you usually want your bet to succeed Leon, which is why I say I never would bet on them going down, because it effectively would be me hoping they go down so I would win money. I would rather not win that money. I don't think you meant it that way either - it's just the way you said it

Don't get me wrong, if I did win enough money from such a bet (or the Lottery) that it would enable me to take over LUFC, I would love to be able to use sensible MOT members as a sensible Board.

Ah! Cloud 9! Welcome back!
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:10 am if I did win enough money from such a bet (or the Lottery) that it would enable me to take over LUFC, I would love to be able to use sensible MOT members as a sensible Board.
And that would be the start of your problems Norm.......

:) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Two days back, we were shorter odds to win the league than Derby, that’s how crazy bookmakers are I guess.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bookmakers just reflect punter trends. I'd imagine as LUFC are one of the better supported clubs then follows Leeds fans will bet more than smaller clubs fans.

What would be amusing is to see us 4th/5th favourites for promotion and in the top 6 for relegation ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:43 am Bookmakers just reflect punter trends. I'd imagine as LUFC are one of the better supported clubs then follows Leeds fans will bet more than smaller clubs fans.

What would be amusing is to see us 4th/5th favourites for promotion and in the top 6 for relegation ...
You'd think as Leeds fans they'd know better :lol:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Would never bet against my own team, wouldn’t feel right, seeing us go down from the premiership and championship I don’t think 20/1 odds would soften the blow.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..