The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th Aug)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th Aug)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds executed a well planned Ram Raid at the Pride Park Stadium on Stadium leaving Frank Lampards men shell shocked in the process.

Goals by Alioski, Klich and a double from Roofe gave Bielsa's men maximum points, elevating them up to an automatic spot.

Christiensen and Heckingbottom should be charged by the FA for impersonating a football Manager.

Real Madrid are keen to loan Martin Odegaard to Leeds on a season long loan.

The Mirror claim that the La Liga heavyweights are set to ship him out in order to continue building his development four years after arriving in the Spanish capital.

The 19 yo plays as an attacking midfielderr and is already a Norweigan International.

Leeds fans hit social media after the Derby game claiming Peacock Farrell was 'weak' and described his performance as 'horrendous' following his blunter on Saturday.

Derby's free kick on 12 minutes seemed to go through the 21 yo, saying that, the rest ofhis performance was good. He commanded his area well, distribution was good, looked comfortable under pressure and made easy work of the saves he had to make.

Who should be Leeds number one keeper?

Why are Leeds fans so unforging on social media?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th Aug)

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone

Still buzzing after that performance at Derby

Peacock-Farrell should start v Rotherham, yes he made a clanger but showed great character & composure after his error & was fine for the rest of the match

Barring injuries I think Bielsa will stick with the same team v the Millers

Bench & U23's v Bolton
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As usual Leeds fans on Twitter are wrong. Completely wrong. Couldn't be more wrong if they took a college course in being wrong. They couldn't see right if they had the Hubble telescope.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:46 am As usual Leeds fans on Twitter are wrong. Completely wrong. Couldn't be more wrong if they took a college course in being wrong. They couldn't see right if they had the Hubble telescope.
Agree completely Faaip. For gods sake if we start dropping players when they make a mistake we would soon destroy the confidence of the entire squad! Get a grip Leeds fans !!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:46 am As usual Leeds fans on Twitter are wrong. Completely wrong. Couldn't be more wrong if they took a college course in being wrong. They couldn't see right if they had the Hubble telescope.
:lol: :lol: :lol: funny but oh so true
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Morning Matt and all.

TC and Heck like players have their ceiling, we needed much better. Nothing against either, hope both have sucess in the future but assume it will be in the lower reaches or in TC,'s case lower standarx country.

Hate loans that are to improve other clubs players.

Most of us are pinching ourselves after the start we've had but not all, some can never be satisified, they have to pick holes and much worse get nasty about it, players do read social media and sometimes it can kill their confidence, pathetic idiots is my opinion of them.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

Whilst a sunday league keeper would be embarrassed about letting that Derby goal in, i will go along with the crowd here and back BPF and
see how he reacts. He seems to be putting a lot of work in being the number 1 and he had 80 minutes of football NOT to make another mistake which he came through and it was away from home
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Morning Matt

BPF will feel he should have done better himself, but the ball moved wickedly (commentators described Lawrence's technique as similar to Ronaldo's) and would have caught out better keepers than young Bailey. He deserves his spot, imo, drop him if he starts making mistakes on a regular basis. Some of our fans are right w**kers, truth be told, never happy unless they are having a go.

Never heard of the Norwegian lad, but I'm happy to put my faith in MB; if he wants him, that's good enough for me!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:09 am Morning Matt

BPF will feel he should have done better himself, but the ball moved wickedly (commentators described Lawrence's technique as similar to Ronaldo's) and would have caught out better keepers than young Bailey. He deserves his spot, imo, drop him if he starts making mistakes on a regular basis. Some of our fans are right w**kers, truth be told, never happy unless they are having a go.

Never heard of the Norwegian lad, but I'm happy to put my faith in MB; if he wants him, that's good enough for me!
Morning everyone
I agree with all you say 1304. The ball flew so fast but did something weird just before it went over the wall....yes, other keepers would have been caught out as well. Why do we have such an idiotic pathetic group of twitter 'fans'......do other teams fan's behave like that I wonder? Keep faith in young Bailey and let's see how he does.
I'll take anyone Real Madrid wants to give away :)
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I think one more mistake and Blackman should be given a chance.

Nothing special about that free kick, he just completely misjudges it.

Wiedwalds error prone natured got covered up by our great start last season, we need to make sure we don't make the same mistake this time around.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Actually think we owe TC a debt of gratitude. One of the reasons i think the lads from last season have adapted so fast to Bielsa is its not all that different from the style TC started with, so they are somewhat familiar.

Think we need a winger still, if Madrid let us have Odegaard id be happy. Remember when he was the most hyped player in the world at like 15 16. Clearly has talent or Madrid would have got rid. Maybe the pressure was to much for a young boy at the time.

Was poor from BPF, would like to see Blackman get a chance tomorrow. No need to slaughter the kid for it though.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we owe Heck a debt of gratitude, he at least was getting them back to decent fitness by the end of the season resulting in a bit of a running start this.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 am I'll take anyone Real Madrid wants to give away :)

Have you forgot about when they sent us Bravo Swannie.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:31 am Have you forgot about when they sent us Bravo Swannie.
:duno: I think I must have ges :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 pm :duno: I think I must have ges :lol:

Venables told us all how he was going to be the next big thing, Madrid told us we should be honourexd to have him, he was bloody awful.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't he go on to be an international though? Or am I thinking of a different player. Roque Junior won a WC and was on of the best players in the team doing so.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Afternoon Everyone

I haven't stopped all day....

Hope to read some of the comments soon.

I'm still buzzing after our 4-1 victory at Derby....

A Ram raid!!!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Afternoon Everyone

I haven't stopped all day....

Hope to read some of the comments soon.

I'm still buzzing after our 4-1 victory at Derby....

A Ram raid!!!!!
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:17 pm Didn't he go on to be an international though? Or am I thinking of a different player. Roque Junior won a WC and was on of the best players in the team doing so.

He did, I think he went on to play a couple more seasons at Madrid, I watched a bit of la liga those days, and always wondered how he got in the team, looked ok going forward but couldn't defend.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Happy left handed day Everyone. :hi5:

Anybody else left handed?