Leeds United v Rotherham Official matchday thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Rotherham Official matchday thread

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:53 pm Good win, Rotherham were always going to be a different prospect. Kind of game we might not have taken 3 points early last season.

Also think a clean sheet is good too.
Just the type of game we'd have cocked up in previous years
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Every outfield player that started today bar one (Berardi) has a goal or assist after only 4 games.

That's impressive!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:21 pm Every outfield player that started today bar one (Berardi) has a goal or assist after only 4 games.

That's impressive!
Keeping my own score

Totals (Goals-Assists)

Roofe - 3-1
Klich - 2-1
Alioski - 1-2
Hernandez - 1-2
Saiz - 1-2
Cooper - 1-0
Bamford - 1-0
Ayling 1-0
Douglas - 0-1
Baker - 0-1
Phillips 0-1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm Keeping my own score

Totals (Goals-Assists)

Roofe - 3-1
Klich - 2-1
Alioski - 1-2
Hernandez - 1-2
Saiz - 1-2
Cooper - 1-0
Bamford - 1-0
Ayling 1-0
Douglas - 0-1
Baker - 0-1
Phillips 0-1
Nice one :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:19 pm Can’t believe Cooper is copping stick for the keepers failure to deal with a simple pass back . If BPF took charge and lumped it back where it came from there was no danger. He backtracked for Berardi to deal and he left for BPF. I Suppose it was Coopers fault they hit the post as well . Cmon guys stop picking on the lad
These errors are always going to happen with our style of play at some time

Still think it was a suicide ball to play across our box from where Cooper was position, any lack of communication gaving the Rotherham forward a gifted opportunity to score,
our young keeper did extremely well to stop us conceding a comedy goal
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I thought this would be our toughest game so far. I knew it would take a while to break them down, good win given we weren't at our absolute best. I'd make a couple of changes for Tues to guard against tiredness/complacency, as there seems to be a few mistakes creeping in. Jansson, Baker and Bamford in for Cooper, Pablo and Alioski.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Parts of the 1st half were worrying, to much overplaying at the back. Careless passes from Philips, suicidal pass from Cooper, although Berardi and BPF didnt cover themselves in glory then either, indecision from them (BPF did well to save).

Rotherham frustrated us and at times our final ball seemed one of frustration rather then purpose, overhit or just plain misdirected.

Greatly improved 2nd half though.

Need changes vs Swansea, complacent passes cant be tolerated, very fortunate 1st half.

Cooper for Jansson, Hernandez for Harrison.

Hernandez is more of a rest, Cooper was more guilty then Berardi, ideally Phillips to because while the pass for the goal was good he was guilty more then any for some really lazy play 1st half, but we haven't anyone to replace him with.

Credit where its due, Bielsa clearly got stuck into them at half time because the faffing about stopped.

Rode our luck but a wins a win, last season we dont win imo
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cooper is captain, has to start while fit or we get Ayling who's a poor captain for me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm Cooper is captain, has to start while fit or we get Ayling who's a poor captain for me
Cant just keep a player in because he is captain though.

Besides we need to get Jansson playing and give him game time, one of Berardi or Cooper needs dropping so we can get our best cb ready.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:32 pm Parts of the 1st half were worrying, to much overplaying at the back. Careless passes from Philips, suicidal pass from Cooper, although Berardi and BPF didnt cover themselves in glory then either, indecision from them (BPF did well to save).
No matter who is to blame, and football will always be about opinions, we will see us playing ourselves into danger because of the way we play. We are just 4 matches into the team playing like this and if it was easy every team would do it. We, as fans, have to simply accept that we will at times give goals away because of it but hopefully as we keep playing it this way every player will get more and more comfortable and the mistakes will lessen.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 pm No matter who is to blame, and football will always be about opinions, we will see us playing ourselves into danger because of the way we play. We are just 4 matches into the team playing like this and if it was easy every team would do it. We, as fans, have to simply accept that we will at times give goals away because of it but hopefully as we keep playing it this way every player will get more and more comfortable and the mistakes will lessen.
Agree, not having a fit about it, i can accept that mistakes happen if the opposition does the right things.

More worried by the careless mistakes, Phillips was guilty of giving the ball away in our half when he was on his own, no press, those are the mistakes that cant happen.

As the season goes on we will get pressed more and mistakes will happen, but theres no excuse for lazy passes and play.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Never thought this was going to be an easy ride as the Millers did what I expected parking the bus in our half. After a messy first-half we scored a early goal after the break courtesy of a headed goal from Ayling with an assist of goal-line technology. Roofe sealed Rotherham's fate with another sublime finish

Positives
We won even though we weren't at our fluent best.
Dominated possession, shots, shots on target, corners & goals of course.
Clean sheet.
Sublime finish from Roofe.
Berardi is maturing in his new CB role.
Klich is the best midfielder I've seen at Leeds since our premiership years.
Peacock-Farrell's confidence not affected after his error v Derby.
Some of our play in the second-half was scintillating.
No yellow cards
First time goal-line technology has come into play at ER.

Negatives
Our creative players were not in the game enough to make an impact in the first-half.
Could have been 2-0 down after 30 minutes mainly due to our own deficiencies.

8 Peacock-Farrell
8 Berardi
8 Phillips
7 Cooper
8 Ayling
7 Hernandez
7 Saiz
9 Klich MOTM
6 Alioski
7 Douglas
8 Roofe
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

111 touches, 88 successful passes, 87% passing accuracy. Not sure we should be dropping Phillips right now.

In this system not everything will come off, the team have only been playing it a few weeks. Out of all of the players Phillips is one of the ones who has adapted best.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:25 pm 111 touches, 88 successful passes, 87% passing accuracy. Not sure we should be dropping Phillips right now.

In this system not everything will come off, the team have only been playing it a few weeks. Out of all of the players Phillips is one of the ones who has adapted best.
Pretty good tbf although playing where he does how many of those passes were between him Berardi and Cooper and about 5 yards, especially 1st half.

Still hope we sign Besic, think he is class.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm Cooper is captain, has to start while fit or we get Ayling who's a poor captain for me
That's why he should not be captain, he's not good enough to be a guaranteed starter. Klich must be captain for me.

Jansson needs games, today would've been perfect. How's he going to get match fit by sitting on the bench?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:25 pm 111 touches, 88 successful passes, 87% passing accuracy. Not sure we should be dropping Phillips right now.

Anybody who wants Phillips out of our team is off their rocker, he has been outstanding in every game this season. Yes he made a couple of mistakes in the first-half but apart from that he was superb throughout

I doubt you'd get an 87% pass-rate from our departed £7m man who apparently never gave the ball away :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 pm Pretty good tbf although playing where he does how many of those passes were between him Berardi and Cooper and about 5 yards, especially 1st half.

Still hope we sign Besic, think he is class.
Either Besic or Grujic would be class. Still need another CB as well.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:37 pm That's why he should not be captain, he's not good enough to be a guaranteed starter. Klich must be captain for me.

Jansson needs games, today would've been perfect. How's he going to get match fit by sitting on the bench?
I was advocating Klich as captain in the off season and I agree Coop is no captain. But MB made him his captain and captains must start for me
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:41 pm Anybody who wants Phillips out of our team is off their rocker, he has been outstanding in every game this season. Yes he made a couple of mistakes in the first-half but apart from that he was superb throughout

I doubt you'd get an 87% pass-rate from our departed £7m man who apparently never gave the ball away :roll:
Cant drop him, we havent anyone else :lol:

Vieira had a better pass percentage then Philips last season, just saying.

Remember last season about now the very same things were being said about O'Kane by the majority.

We should have conceded because of one of his mistakes, shouldn't be allowed to just pass by, praise for doing well but absolutely criticise when he makes bery poor errors.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:43 pm Either Besic or Grujic would be class. Still need another CB as well.
Agree :tup:

Besic or Grujic and Foyth or Kalas and we will be set.

Id like a winger to but cb amd dm priority.
Signed

King Cjay