Radrizzani

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Radz speaks

Post by The Subhuman »

You do know Claudio won a premiership trophy
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:37 pm You do know Claudio won a premiership trophy
Exactly, why would Ranieri take a 2nd tier job in England or Europe
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:44 pm Exactly, why would Ranieri take a 2nd tier job in England or Europe
Why would Bielsa?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm Why would Bielsa?
Because the other three are higher profile than Bielsa although that doesn't mean they are better coaches than Marcelo
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Doesn't mean they're worse either...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

I believe some may have taken this media article out of context. My take is that he is simply showing his serious intent on ensuring success for the club by not skimping, or trying to achieve success on the cheap. With regards to his comments flying in the face of Bielsa, he had clearly stated that until May he had seen Bielsa as ideal but was impossible. Meaning he believed Bielsa was not a realistic target, which in my mind is a huge compliment to Bielsa.

However we all interpret things the way we want to, why let the truth get in the way of a good story, (moan). What the guy has done since purchasing 100% of the club at the end of May 2017 is highly commendable.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Well said, Azkal. I took this article as Radz showing his intent to dispense with the journeymen coaches and go high profile. The names he mentioned may have been unattainable, but it showed intent. Also don't think it was anyway disrespectful to Bielsa, whom he viewed as ideal but impossible to get. There is a section of our fans, both on here and in general, who love nothing more than having a pop at AR. He is still a novice in club ownership terms, has held his hands up to a majority of the mistakes he has made and has now given us Bielsa, under whose stewardship we are playing the best football we've seen since the Prem days. And still they moan.......
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Been an excellent owner since he took control, imo. To have us in this position just over one year in is remarkable.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think some of his comments have been twisted a bit and one or two things are perhaps a little naive - saying Conte would have guaranteed promotion and that he'd have paid Conte £20m for example. All in all though no real harm and shows that he was targetting top names rather which is probably more the point AR was trying to make as he wants us to be seen as a huge club in the media. I would have thought that certainly initially it would have seemed easier to attract Conte, Ranieri or Martinez as they had all worked in England before rather than going for an Argentinian who hadn't.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

I would be surprised if AR actually said / meant Euros 20MM, (£18MM), salary a year for Conte, seeing as though Chelsea were only paying him £6.5MM, (notwithstanding additional bonuses). Remember that the original interview by AR was conducted by the Italian media, (Gazzetta dello Sport), where my interpretation is that he was talking about a war chest for players should Conte join. What was that 2000's Sofia Coppola US romance / comedy film called....."Lost in Translation"...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:44 pm and Rads should keep his gob shut quite frankly. :bear:
Well said! :) :)
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:02 pm Well said! :) :)
i agree with the ladies 100% , Radz should stay out of the press and stay in the board room doing what he knows best , leave the playing side comments to the coaches , once massimo learnt this lesson we moved forward :tup: :tup: .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

beer belly bert wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:23 pm i agree with the ladies 100% , Radz should stay out of the press and stay in the board room doing what he knows best , leave the playing side comments to the coaches , once massimo learnt this lesson we moved forward :tup: :tup: .
So you're saying we not moving forward now?
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

faaip wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:09 pm So you're saying we not moving forward now?

moving forward at fair old rate Faaip , why rock the boat and cause problems , everybody should stick to there tasks and only there tasks , as Heck pointed out at his time here there were too many people sticking there noses in instead of doing there own jobs ,
just saying like :)
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't see it as rocking the boat...his club he can say what he likes and I'd suggest that is his job to comment on the clubs position, problems, solutions and future plans
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:33 pm I don't see it as rocking the boat...his club he can say what he likes and I'd suggest that is his job to comment on the clubs position, problems, solutions and future plans
I think saying who else he was after, more or less saying Bielsa was his 4th choice I think, how much more he was prepared to pay for other managers is rocking the boat and rather unnecessarily!! Just button it Radz. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So what? I doubt it worries MB so why should it worry the fans? I suppose the fans need to have a dig at someone/thing as they can't slag the team off at the moment though
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:54 pm So what? I doubt it worries MB so why should it worry the fans? I suppose the fans need to have a dig at someone/thing as they can't slag the team off at the moment though
MB is rather eccentric and erratic and has walked away from clubs on a whim!! I'm glad we don't need to slag the team off at the moment, i'm not trying to find anything else, just think Radz should learn to zip it :bear:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I want to hear what he says about HIS club...so he really shouldn't button it especially when he's been nothing but eloquent
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Lol you really are one argumentative old git ;-) :bear: