Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by hector »

Welcome to the forum Beeeje.... Feel free to join in anywhere... :ok: :tup: :tup:

And let me assure you.... Your English is a lot better than my Bulgarian.... :) :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

TBF his English is better than your English Hector ...welcome Beeeje
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
beeeje
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by beeeje »

hector wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:12 am Welcome to the forum Beeeje.... Feel free to join in anywhere... :ok: :tup: :tup:

And let me assure you.... Your English is a lot better than my Bulgarian.... :) :) :)
Who said that my Bulgarian is good too :d Thank you both :)
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

You mean Hector actually speaks English? :shock: Welcome Beeeje. Bulgaria, a beautiful picturesque country with equally affable people. Cjay will be impressed as Bulgaria borders his hero's, (Alioski), homeland, (Macedonia).
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Welcome ~Beeeje. IT will be a Tragedy is you win again!

Lousy joke.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Dalton wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 am Welcome ~Beeeje. IT will be a Tragedy is you win again!

Lousy joke.
Groan....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

I don't know exactly what got me into Leeds but the earliest I can remember as a child was watching Viduka and Smith banging them in the back of the net whilst wearing my home and away shirts with the Strongbow sponsor on the front! Spending hours of my childhood on fifa games playing with nobody but Leeds!
But as a child does, when we went down, I lost interest, had interests in other teams but wouldn't say I actually supported, which I've took stick for at school and from friends and family lol (whether that makes me a true fan or not) but become a major fan again over the past 5+ years. I think personally since I've grown up, you begin to realise it's not all about being the best, it's about having a love for something that means a lot to you, and sticking by through the good and bad.
And recently got my first ever season ticket, so looking forward to watching the whites for many years to come! Would say at the minute Roofe, Saiz and Alioski are my favourite players.

No other team has ever made me feel the love that I felt for Leeds as a youngster. If you understand what I mean, you just have a LOVE inside you that makes you proud about everything to do with the team, where you just want to rep your teams colours everywhere you go haha
M.O.T
Triplebee
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Triplebee »

Hi all. Name is Dan. Im a big effin Pole. LUFC virus hit me in season 00-01 and still going strong. Full white kits, strongbow on the chests, young, hungry for success players, excellent style of play. Heavy hammering given to Besiktas (6-0) was like a poetry.
In 2004 moved to UK ...and straight to the Holy city of Leeds where I've spent 4 years -great time (now in Bournemouth where wearing my LUFC tops may be risky - people still remember 5.05 1990).
I'm absolutely over the moon seeing lads doing so well this season. Recent performances by Mat Klich just making me unspeakable proud.
MOT ALAW!!!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Welcome to all 3 of you
Last edited by gessa on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Welcome Beeeje, Tommy & Triplebee to MOT

Hope you enjoy the forum
Silver Van Man
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Silver Van Man »

Started following Leeds United after watching the European Cup Final in 1975. Being from Lancashire my local teams are Preston and Blackburn. Dad is PNE and Mum is Rovers. The wider family is pretty much split between the 2 clubs. I used to watch both as a kid but never got the bug from either of them. A friend of a friend who was a bit older was Leeds and i finally got my first visit to Elland Road in the 82/83 season as a 14 year old. Stood on the Kop in a poor crowd of around 14,000 didnt matter because i knew i had found my home. I turned 50 this year and have probably had season tickets around 20 seasons in the years gone by. Kop,Lowfields and South. The last 5 years in the South which has always been the place for me. All those diamond lyle and scot or pringle sweaters and deerststalkers in the mid 80s and head bags. Happy days. My lad is also Leeds daft and has a season ticket in the South with me. He has just turned 17 and keeps banging on about getting a Leeds tat on his leg. I say your Mother will kill me mate just wait another year and get it then. Elland Road is a very very special place and i feel lucky knowing that when i am there i am at peace with myself and all the madness in life doesnt matter.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Welcome SVM
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Welcome to MOT, SVM

Leeds through & through.

Kop is loud this season do you agree ? sound doesn't always carry around ER well.
Hope you can hear us from the South Stand
SuperLeeds2U
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SuperLeeds2U »

Morning All,
I reckon I started supporting Leeds around 1970. Peter Lorimer was my first idol, but what a Team.
I got my first full kit shortly thereafter for Christmas; the one with the Number Tags on the sock tie-ups.
(Santa was very generous to a little lad in Dublin that year.)
Still play a regular game of Five A Side and still wear the full kit (no, not that one. Wouldn't fit me even if I'd held on to it. But I do miss those sock tags.)
Supporting Leeds has always been interesting :? In recent years I've managed to get over to Elland Road about once a season.
Always travel with hope, but Bielsa and the boys have raised that bar high so far this season. Early days but fingers crossed.
All going well I'll be over for the Birmingham match.
Always enjoy reading the comments from real supporters, going back to the days of the old BBC 606 forum.
All the best. :ire: :scar1
MOT
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SuperLeeds2U wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:48 am Morning All,
I reckon I started supporting Leeds around 1970. Peter Lorimer was my first idol, but what a Team.
I got my first full kit shortly thereafter for Christmas; the one with the Number Tags on the sock tie-ups.
(Santa was very generous to a little lad in Dublin that year.)
Still play a regular game of Five A Side and still wear the full kit (no, not that one. Wouldn't fit me even if I'd held on to it. But I do miss those sock tags.)
Supporting Leeds has always been interesting :? In recent years I've managed to get over to Elland Road about once a season.
Always travel with hope, but Bielsa and the boys have raised that bar high so far this season. Early days but fingers crossed.
All going well I'll be over for the Birmingham match.
Always enjoy reading the comments from real supporters, going back to the days of the old BBC 606 forum.
All the best. :ire: :scar1
MOT
Welcome to MOT

Hope Leeds put on a scintillating show v Birmingham for you
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Welcome Super Leeds! I have a busy few weeks ahead but look to be targeting the Bristol City game in November.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

been a fan since the early 70s . got great memories on and off the pitch ! born and die a leeds fan.
hector

Post by hector »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:40 am been a fan since the early 70s . got great memories on and off the pitch ! born and die a leeds fan.
Welcome to the forum, what part of Leics are you from?
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

wigston
hector

Post by hector »

Know it well.... Mrs H is from Beaumont Leys.... :shock: :shock:

Or at least that was where she was living when I rescued her.... :) :)