Millwall v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Millwall v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

image.jpg
image.jpg (117.25 KiB) Viewed 4388 times
Millwall v Leeds Utd
Saturday 15th September@3pm
Streaming links to follow

Hi Folks,

The International break is finally over, and we can look forward to a trip to Bermondey, South London where the streets are paved with er..... tarmac as Millwall welcome the Mighty Whites to the New Den.

Alioski, Jansson, Peacock Farrell, Roberts and Dallas have all returned injury free from their respective national duty and are available for selection should Bielsa see fit.

Bielsa may throw caution to the wind and rest Berardi who picked up a knock in training. Surely Jansson will be recalled to partner Cooper at the heart of the defence.

For the first time this season Adam Forshaw is available for selection following ankle ligament damage picked up during pre-season training.

It's not such good news for Patrick Bamford. The 7m signing from Boro has been ruled out for the rest of the year with a knee injury he picked up during Uniteds 5-0 obliteration of Bristol City for the under 23's.

There's no love lost between the two teams. It was this fixture this time last season that led to Leeds dramatic decline. Leeds were bullied off the ball at every opportunity and never got started. Bielsa will be desperate to make sure the same does not happen again.

Tom Elliott and Steve Morison will both have a point to prove against their former club.
gessa

Re: Millwall v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by gessa »

This seems to have become a fixture we are desperate to win each year, because of our record there, plus the edge between both sets of fans.
3 points and the majority will really start to believe.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I feel a spanking coming on.....revenge time!

0-3
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:55 am I feel a spanking coming on.....revenge time!

0-3
would love a hat full , I have never seen Leeds win down there and wont this year as im in Spain till oct , but don't mind if they do :-D :-D
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:16 am would love a hat full , I have never seen Leeds win down there and wont this year as im in Spain till oct , but don't mind if they do :-D :-D
Neither have I Bert, we won down there in 2005 & 2012 & I missed them both, I've seen us lose a few times plus had our coach bricked

This time :)
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

A massive test, I wish I could be as confident as you Leon but the scars of so many recent defeats down at that horrible club still leave me pessimistic.

Bielsa is not one to forsake he's style and I totally commend him on that but equally I am not sure we can afford all of the likes of Alioski, Pablo, Saiz, in one midfield against their dogs of war. Be interesting how the boss decides to go with he's team line up. Fingers crossed he comes up with a winning formula !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:51 am Neither have I Bert, we won down there in 2005 & 2012 & I missed them both, I've seen us lose a few times plus had our coach bricked

I saw them win there in 2005, right at the death I think it was David Healy on the scoresheet and I saw them win in 2008 Andy Hughes netting one of our goals amid chaotic scenes in the away end. I’ve also seen us lose a number of times but for all it’s reputation I’ve travelled by train and coach and found it to be one of the safest grounds due to the number of police.

Times are changing, Bielsa won’t let history or reputation affect how we go about our business. 2-0 to the Mighty Whites
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Also desperate to keep this run going. Could have asked for a tricky test, away at the New Den. Not a happy hunting ground. It will be a tight game and if we defend well I'm confident we can score, so i'm going positive for a battling 0-1 win.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:05 am A massive test, I wish I could be as confident as you Leon but the scars of so many recent defeats down at that horrible club still leave me pessimistic.

Bielsa is not one to forsake he's style and I totally commend him on that but equally I am not sure we can afford all of the likes of Alioski, Pablo, Saiz, in one midfield against their dogs of war. Be interesting how the boss decides to go with he's team line up. Fingers crossed he comes up with a winning formula !
I've no doubt Wall will provide a big test for us Gurj but this Bielsa side is totally different to the Leeds sides they have encountered in the past. According to a Millwall fan on another forum they have played poorly in their last three games, Wall certainly haven't started as well as last season winning only one of their first six matches. Losing George Saville from their midfield to Middlesbro' was a big blow for them so hopefully we can capitalise on those points I've raised. I do realise this is Millwall's cup final though!

I would play Saiz, Hernandez & Alioski
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 am I saw them win there in 2005, right at the death I think it was David Healy on the scoresheet and I saw them win in 2008 Andy Hughes netting one of our goals amid chaotic scenes in the away end. I’ve also seen us lose a number of times but for all it’s reputation I’ve travelled by train and coach and found it to be one of the safest grounds due to the number of police.

Times are changing, Bielsa won’t let history or reputation affect how we go about our business. 2-0 to the Mighty Whites
Nail on the head Rich :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:51 am Neither have I Bert, we won down there in 2005 & 2012 & I missed them both, I've seen us lose a few times plus had our coach bricked

I knew you were the reason for Leeds being sh*t for the last few season. Somebody board up 64's house with him inside it and we will be guaranteed promotion. 64 stays at home and we will win 18-0, he goes and my next 6 matches prediction goes tits up at the first hurdle. Having 64 watching our matches is basically the same as a Leeds XI featuring Hunt, Morison, Rabchuka and 8 Tom Lees.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 am I saw them win there in 2005, right at the death I think it was David Healy on the scoresheet and I saw them win in 2008 Andy Hughes netting one of our goals amid chaotic scenes in the away end. I’ve also seen us lose a number of times but for all it’s reputation I’ve travelled by train and coach and found it to be one of the safest grounds due to the number of police.

Probably the best summary yet , history or reputation means nothing to Bielsa , HE OPERATES IN THE HERE & NOW :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am I knew you were the reason for Leeds being sh*t for the last few season. Somebody board up 64's house with him inside it and we will be guaranteed promotion. 64 stays at home and we will win 18-0, he goes and my next 6 matches prediction goes tits up at the first hurdle. Having 64 watching our matches is basically the same as a Leeds XI featuring Hunt, Morison, Rabchuka and 8 Tom Lees.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

I'll be there :scar1

Hopefully I don't fall out of the top tier with excitement :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Vs Swansea the pundits said how Millwall struggle when there allowed to have the ball.

There used to not having possession.

Bielsa wont let them have it, thats not his way and i admire him for sticking with his belief.

But i do fear that we will lose this one for that reason.

It may not be the worst idea in the world to sit back a bit sometimes and let them have it.

Hopefully we can nick an early goal.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Team v Millwall (if Berardi is unfit)

-----------------Peacock-Farrell-----------------

Jansson-----------Phillips------------Cooper

Ayling---------------Klich--------------Douglas

Hernandez--------Saiz-------------- Alioski

-----------------------Roofe-----------------------

Subs : Blackman, Pearce, Baker, Forshaw, Harrison, Brown, Roberts
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think if Izzy Brown was fit enough for the bench he'd have played for the u23s with Bamford and them.

Dont expect to see Brown at all for another month, probably not totally match fit till xmas.

Clarke for Brown :tup:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:39 pm Clarke for Brown :tup:
I'd be happy with that :tup:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Hopefully the international break will have done us good with MB having more time to instill his style and get Forshaw up to speed. Rest should see us freash and good to go after a hectic start, quietly optimistic.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:27 pm Team v Millwall (if Berardi is unfit)

-----------------Peacock-Farrell-----------------

Jansson-----------Phillips------------Cooper

Ayling---------------Klich--------------Douglas

Hernandez--------Saiz-------------- Alioski

-----------------------Roofe-----------------------

Subs : Blackman, Pearce, Baker, Forshaw, Harrison, Brown, Roberts
Got to be that starting X1 if Berra not fit.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

---------------------------BPF------------------------
Ayling-------Jansson--Cooper------Douglas
--------------Forshaw-------Phillips-------------
Hernandez-----------Saiz---------------Alioski
------------------------Roofe-----------------------