Izzy Brown

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: Izzy Brown

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:07 am Torn ACL in American football is typically 12 month recovery.
It’s a graded system with a tear to the acl, would imagine some of the impacts in American football would mean a higher proportion of the injuries being higher grade tears so they would take longer to get back playing 9 months average with some players back after 6 months on low end tears
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Depend on whether it heals naturally or not too. Don't know if Brown was operated on
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Things are going well for us.

But i do find it frustrating given our injury issues that we signed a player we knew wouldn't be fit till October at the earliest.

And according to Bielsa hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet at all.

So quite possible may not be seen before xmas.

Know things are going well but we didnt have the deepest squad to start with.

Why sign someone who at best won't be ready for 3 months?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:34 pm Things are going well for us.

But i do find it frustrating given our injury issues that we signed a player we knew wouldn't be fit till October at the earliest.

And according to Bielsa hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet at all.

So quite possible may not be seen before xmas.

Know things are going well but we didnt have the deepest squad to start with.

Why sign someone who at best won't be ready for 3 months?
God knows Cjay, I hope we're not paying part of his wages!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Maybe a fit Izzy Brown wouldn't have come here, god knows I hate loans but a fit Brown from say mid Jan could take us to the next level. Assuming he's as good as advertised which tbf Blackman and Baker haven't been and the jury is still out on Harrison
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:48 am Maybe a fit Izzy Brown wouldn't have come here, god knows I hate loans but a fit Brown from say mid Jan could take us to the next level. Assuming he's as good as advertised which tbf Blackman and Baker haven't been and the jury is still out on Harrison
I would say thats very harsh on the two players you mention, certainly Blackman. He's simply having to bide he's time as BPF has done well. Baker has only been getting bit part roles as well, again as the midfield has been doing it;s job.

Lets give the guys a real chance to show what they can do before we start saying they are not living up to the bill.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:00 am God knows Cjay, I hope we're not paying part of his wages!
Phil Hay reported at the time that, until Brown plays for the first team, we don't pay Chelsea a penny
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 am Phil Hay reported at the time that, until Brown plays for the first team, we don't pay Chelsea a penny
Good that seems a fair deal for LUFC. When fit, Izzy Brown will be a major asset to us going by what I witnessed from him two seasons ago.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Went off injured for the u23s.

Some saying hamstring some saying knee, very commom for those 2 injuries after the one Izzy had apparently.

Not good.

The risk you take and why it was a concern if we pinned our hopes on Izzy.

There is a reason a player as good as Bolasie has only just started starting games now for Villa 2 years after his ACL.

Niggles, reinjuries, lack of fitness etc it takes time after the original injury.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

typical. never was a guarantee .
feel for him . need to buy a replacement.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:11 pm typical. never was a guarantee .
feel for him . need to buy a replacement.
Buy.... that's a naughty word in our January windows :lol:

With this latest news we'll probably retain Baker now
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:37 pm Buy.... that's a naughty word in our January windows :lol:

With this latest news we'll probably retain Baker now
i sincerely hope not . he's had enough chances and he blew em.. wasn't good enough at boro and he isn't good enough here. need better imo.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:55 pm Went off injured for the u23s.

Some saying hamstring some saying knee, very commom for those 2 injuries after the one Izzy had apparently.

Not good.

The risk you take and why it was a concern if we pinned our hopes on Izzy.

There is a reason a player as good as Bolasie has only just started starting games now for Villa 2 years after his ACL.

Niggles, reinjuries, lack of fitness etc it takes time after the original injury.
Hopefully just a precaution as would be a big blow based on his potential and Saiz's departure. The only good thing if the injury is serious is that it has happened early enough to give Bielsa and Orta chance to assess the situation and look to see who is available.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

If buying is a problem we shouldnt be carrying any passengers either
known sicknotes is a sorry state but Leeds Utd is a business not a charity. Baker and Brown should go back end of story.

Either, buy, call back loans or promote the U23 which hasnt hurt so far....Huffer, Shacks, Clarke and Halme ALL have done at worst "well" and "brilliant" at best
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Dalton wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:07 pm If buying is a problem we shouldnt be carrying any passengers either
known sicknotes is a sorry state but Leeds Utd is a business not a charity. Baker and Brown should go back end of story.

Either, buy, call back loans or promote the U23 which hasnt hurt so far....Huffer, Shacks, Clarke and Halme ALL have done at worst "well" and "brilliant" at best
id rather promote one or two of our u23s than keep baker . who doesn't seem good enough or least bit interested .
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Dalton wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:07 pm If buying is a problem we shouldnt be carrying any passengers either

A disaster, if it is bad, hopefully just a tightening of his hamstring, people were saying he looked off all game, but if he was surely that would have been communicated to the bench and he would have come off?
Did anybody see what happened? If it’s in anyway long term, send him back, which would be sad, after him working to get back, but we need to be a bit ruthless with this one, no good him staying if he can’t play for a few weeks.
What’s the story with Baker? Are we cutting him lose too? Wouldn’t think Chelsea want him warming our bench and he hasn’t had much impact.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Phil Hay, saying it was a tight hamstring, Brown came off as a precaution, club to asses over the next 24hrs, but not a great concern.
Tightening of the hamstring is normal enough, coming back playing after so long out.
If that’s all it is, I wouldn’t be too concerned about him going forward,
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

dezzy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:06 pm Phil Hay, saying it was a tight hamstring, Brown came off as a precaution, club to asses over the next 24hrs, but not a great concern.
Tightening of the hamstring is normal enough, coming back playing after so long out.
If that’s all it is, I wouldn’t be too concerned about him going forward,
Likely to put any first team appearance back another month though I would say.
Had he have come through today unscathed I would have expected him to be on the bench against Villa.
He must be gutted.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

It’s all guess work though and you can’t rely on information the club give just after the injury, an irish rugby player pulled up with a tight hamstring early November and isn’t expected back untill February, so still a concern untill he has a scan, to confirm what’s wrong.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:14 pm Likely to put any first team appearance back another month though I would say.
Had he have come through today unscathed I would have expected him to be on the bench against Villa.
He must be gutted.
All depends really, was he sprinting when he felt it get tight, or was it just tight all game, if he pulled up running, Id be concerned