Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:06 am Yes, we wasted too many chances, yes Preston had us on the backfoot for a spell in second half and yes, we could have been better but lets be fair guys and girls, the football that Bielsa has brought to Elland Road is just a joy to behold right now. I am going to the game against the Blues on Saturday and I can honestly say, after 4 decades of supporting LUFC, rarely have I been so excited to come up for a match. Some of the attacking play is just breathtaking at the moment.

Preston were very open, Blues will be set up very differently by Monk no doubt about that at all but if we play anything like our best we should beat them. Cant bloody wait to see a packed Elland Road and roar the boys on. MOT
So Ges & his kids, BB (Ang) & her son, Rich 64, probably Oscar all at the game on Saturday plus your goodself Gurj

We should have a party :beer: :cocktail: :tumbler:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am There was one moment with Pontus near the touchline where you thought
he is going to loose it and then he does a step over and a Cruyff turn and leaves
the opposition completely bewildered... they are thinking to themselves
centre backs are not allowed to do that... those types of moves are illegal
for anyone playing in a back four... we need to put in a complaint to the EFL
that Leeds are not playing traditional football... there needs to be new rules
written stating exactly what centre backs are allowed to do, like heading and
hacking the ball away... fouls should be given against any centre back who
shows any fancy footwork... it makes the game too confusing for the opposition.

When Pontus did those little tricks the Preston commentators were gobsmacked.
They could not believe what they were seeing. Jaws could be heard being lifted
off the floor.
Pontus Jansson's magic, he wears a magic hat :whistle:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am So Ges & his kids, BB (Ang) & her son, Rich 64, probably Oscar all at the game on Saturday plus your goodself Gurj

We should have a party :beer: :cocktail: :tumbler:
WOW - What a great turnout from the MOT Group :-D Be great to all meet up however brief that may be - I appreciate how difficult it can be as people arrive at different times.

I get to Leeds Station around midday and then plan to have a few drinks/lunch before heading to ER to get there for around 2.30pm.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Oscar's review
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:51 am WOW - What a great turnout from the MOT Group :-D Be great to all meet up however brief that may be - I appreciate how difficult it can be as people arrive at different times.

I get to Leeds Station around midday and then plan to have a few drinks/lunch before heading to ER to get there for around 2.30pm.
I'll be there at 2pm, hoping to meet Ges near the East Stand possibly. Would be great to meet you Gurj :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:35 am Oscar's review
That's better Oscar, you've got Pontus right, he was immense last night, towering at Millwall & cruised the game at Norwich, Jansson has returned this season the same player we all loved when he played under Monk.

Phillips deserved a 9/10 too

KP is our engine room, he shields, breaks up, distributes and creates, he's become a serious player.

A reply to one my posts on waccoe
Screenshot 2018-09-19 at 13.04.33.png
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:51 am WOW - What a great turnout from the MOT Group :-D Be great to all meet up however brief that may be - I appreciate how difficult it can be as people arrive at different times.

Peacock around 12.30, make way to ground about 2.30, is the plan.
You'll be the only one to understand the accent Gurj. Bostin.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:59 am I'll be there at 2pm, hoping to meet Ges near the East Stand possibly. Would be great to meet you Gurj :tup:
Plan is to get to East about 2.30, that could change. A few slurps in the Peacock first.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

i agree 64white. kp is a bit of a unsung hero this year. last year the lad had some stick and in some cases rightly so. dont know bielsa secret potion is but i wouldnt mind some on me corn flakes.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:59 am I'll be there at 2pm, hoping to meet Ges near the East Stand possibly. Would be great to meet you Gurj :tup:
Likewise - will try my best to say hello. I think I still have your number from Last time we tried to meet up at Birmingham ground.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 pm That ball for Roberts first was pinpoint from 40 - 50 yards with perfect pace.....defensively he’s everywhere - will be getting my vote.
Just seen the highlights, that ball from Phillips was just perfection for Roberts to run onto, brilliant
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:48 pm Likewise - will try my best to say hello. I think I still have your number from Last time we tried to meet up at Birmingham ground.
I've still got your number mate :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:45 pm Plan is to get to East about 2.30, that could change. A few slurps in the Peacock first.
Pending on what time I arrive at ER I'll walk upto the Peacock mate, will you be in the back room behind the pub as last time ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:47 pm i agree 64white. kp is a bit of a unsung hero this year. last year the lad had some stick and in some cases rightly so. dont know bielsa secret potion is but i wouldnt mind some on me corn flakes.
If he continues the rich vein of form he's showing now, I'll make a bold prediction '63

Phillips will play for England one day :eng:

Cue the laughs :roflmao:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm If he continues the rich vein of form he's showing now, I'll make a bold prediction '63

Phillips will play for England one day :eng:

Cue the laughs :roflmao:
We need a patting on the head emoji.

There there :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A couple glasses of Chardonnay tonight may have fuddled my brain :martini:

If Jordan Henderson can play for England why not Kalvin 8-)
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:34 pm Pending on what time I arrive at ER I'll walk upto the Peacock mate, will you be in the back room behind the pub as last time ?

Yes mate, that's the plan
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

gessa wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:43 pm Peacock around 12.30, make way to ground about 2.30, is the plan.
You'll be the only one to understand the accent Gurj. Bostin.
:roflmao: :roflmao: I better put colours on Saturday, dont want to be confused for a blue nose with my accent LOL
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm I've still got your number mate :tup:
:tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 am :roflmao: :roflmao: I better put colours on Saturday, dont want to be confused for a blue nose with my accent LOL

You'll be travelling up with the Zulu's mate, so need to be careful there too. :)