Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by hector »

I once sold ADT alarms out of an office in Wigston.....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

sweet , a wise move :)
hector, there is or was a lot of leeds fans in leicester. we had a supporters club late 70s we used to run a coach from humberstone gate to every home and most away matches until the treasurer fucked off with a load of the clubs money :o
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome LW, often quiet here on a Saturday till KO...bizarrely
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

cheers fella. i would have never noticed lol
irishpat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by irishpat »

Why? Well my parents lived there for s good bit before they moved home to Galway ,,I’m soccer mad not biased at all I liken talking about football I love an intelligent debate , as in I remember my uncle got me man utd Jersey with scholes on it was class I was only 8-11 bugthe knew I loved scholes..but Being honest at that age didn’t know that we hated scum so much ..and wanted me become a man utd fan like him

.It’s so weird probably because I’m irish I don’t hate “scum” even. Love cantona we would have prob become dirsgypwm winners if we didn’t sell him to rivals for peanuts..

Think we had the deadliest strikers yeboah ,jimmy Floyd .viduka And pity Fowler injuries..jewel who I can’t stabd now was amazing loved radabee looking back
Leeds with a back 3 would have suited the killer Harte prob best left peg in premiership but could not defend
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

Supported Leeds ever since as a young lad saw Mick Jones hobble up Wembley steps to receive his medal in 72- didn’t see the final didn’t know who had won but the sight of him wincing every step had a lasting effect ! Sometimes I wish it had been an Arsenal player - would have made the last 46 bloody years or so a lot less stressful!
CalliWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by CalliWhite »

Leeds for life..Born in Hemwsworth 1961. first time at Wembly 1968 League Cup Final Arsenal - Leeds drove down the A! with Dad and Older brother I was 7. I remember this like it was yesterday at aged 57. Terry Cooper scored in a 1-0 Leeds win Terry Cooper wore white boots the only one of 22 players others were black.. I can even smell the Bovril thinking about itat Roker Park on the traditional Boxing Day Fixture at Sunderland thinking about it.

Get some in lads I have commitment and history to LUFC- One Life One Team..LUFC..Marching On Together
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Welcome back Calli :tup:
CalliWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by CalliWhite »

I am getting me Grandad rant in early. I am 57..when I was a lad Leeds wore white with a blue number on the back no need for sponsors on the jersey or your name on the back come on Eddie at 11 Lorimor 7 does Billy's statue outside need Strongbow RED whatever or even Thistle that Speed and Strachan had to wear one blue number we know who you are

Rant over Calli is back

We love you Leeds Leeds Leeds MOT
gessa

Post by gessa »

CalliWhite wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:20 pm I am getting me Grandad rant in early. I am 57..when I was a lad Leeds wore white with a blue number on the back no need for sponsors on the jersey or your name on the back come on Eddie at 11 Lorimor 7 does Billy's statue outside need Strongbow RED whatever or even Thistle that Speed and Strachan had to wear one blue number we know who you are

Rant over Calli is back

We love you Leeds Leeds Leeds MOT

Welcome back Calli
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I decided that Leeds were my team as a 4 yr old sometime around 1970. I'm not even sure why, as I wasn't particularly into football - I think there might have been some stickers in a magazine, or something. I'm Yorkshire born, but grew up down south, so it wasn't a choice that was particularly encouraged or reinforced.

I'm more of an armchair fan than a proper supporter, but my interest in and enjoyment of football has grown as I've got older. I only went to my first game about 7 years ago but I'm getting obsessed with Bielsa and the current team, and it's interesting reading people's thoughts and comments.
rolo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by rolo »

Born in Dublin in '64. In '68 Grandad started telling about this great little Irish fella called Johnny Giles who played for a team called Leeds United. Havn't looked back since,through great times and some horrendeous times. Best thing for me now is that my 25 and 22 year old lads are also hooked. Don't get over as much as we would like unfortunately.Best memories from going to ER ? The night Iraq invaded Kuwait we beat Villa 4-1 in the League Cup with a cracking performance. Ian Harte's free kick against Deportivo La Coruna and All Spies Aren't We from last Friday. Thrilled to have been part of that. What a game to pick to travel. Worst games attended , some awful games in the League One era but the worst ever was the 1996 League Cup Final, stuck in the Villa end with a friend and Villa supporter.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I started supporting Leeds in the early '70s when I first started watching MOTD

I was too young for the WBA / Tinkler controversy but I am still scarred mentally from the Bayern Travesty in 1975.

Why Leeds, well not being from the area myself they were just team to used to give Liverpool a run for their money, and i was determined not to support them as my parents, and older brother and sister did.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:30 pm When did you start supporting Leeds United :?:

What attracted you to the Mighty Whites :?:

And finally did you or have you supported another team before or during your time watching football :?:
Born in Carlisle in 1962 and started supporting Leeds when I was around 5/6. I remember we went to Butlins in Ayr and had a picture of me wearing a Leeds t-shirt around 1967/8. I do remember being absolutely heartbroken when Chelsea beat us in the FA Cup Final replay, I still can't believe we lost that match, ugly Dave Webb and Peter w%anker Osgood. But made the Cnetenary Final all the sweeter with Sniffer's great winner - gettt inn :)
Dunno what attracted me other than the white strip, plus King Billy and the Don.
Still supported the Cumbrian sides like Carlisle and more so Workington Reds, but not with the same passion as Leeds United.
It has been a long and bumpy road.
At our best under Don, but didn't win as amny trophies as we should have at the time.
Robbed by Beckenbauer and Bayern Munich, when we won the European Cup fair and square.
80s doldrums and then Sgt Wilko's League win.
Playing great stuff under O'Leary and then financial meltdown.
Since 2002 it has been painful.
Last match I was at was in League 1 at home to Walsall in 2010 a couple of days before we emigrated to Canada, it was terrible and we lost.
Spent seven very unhappy years in Canada and then decided to come back to Europe, so now live in Bulgaria (my wife's home country) with my wife and son and we are really happy here 8-) :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Same year I was born
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:35 pm Same year I was born
Funnily enough, all the best people were apparently born in 1962 8-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 pm I started supporting Leeds in the early '70s when I first started watching MOTD

I was too young for the WBA / Tinkler controversy but I am still scarred mentally from the Bayern Travesty in 1975.

Why Leeds, well not being from the area myself they were just team to used to give Liverpool a run for their money, and i was determined not to support them as my parents, and older brother and sister did.
Hi Ian,

I still cannot believe how we got robbed by Bayern Munich and that proven cheat (add any expletive you want) Beckenbauer. I was 12 years old and sat down to watch the match with me Dad. I can picture moments in that match like I'm still sat there watching it. Maybe I'm wrong, but without watching it on youtube, I think Allan Clarke should've been given a penalty, Lorimer's fair goal was disallowed for no apparent reason and at least one of their goals was offside.

UEFA conspiracy :evil:
hector

Post by hector »

White Riot wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm Funnily enough, all the best people were apparently born in 1962 8-)
I concur :tup:

:) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Year of the Tiger
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 pm I concur :tup:

:) :)
:clap:

Vintage year and getting better with age ;-)