The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 3rd Oct)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 3rd Oct)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Tyler Robert's 51st minute goal was enough to send the Mighty Whites back to the top of the table as Leeds recorded their first away win against Hull since 2007.

The big question has to be, why was it only 1-0.

We had over two thirds possession of the play, more shots at goal, and more corners yet we could only manage one shot on target!

Thoughts?

After the game Hull boss Nigel Atkins said

"We've probably played against one of the best teams in the Championship I've seen in many years.

"They are going to take teams to the cleaners this season. If you think we are on a level playing field, we're not.

"We are where we are. I'm not happy with it, but we are trying hard on the training ground with the group of guys we've got.

"There's a spirit about them. We've got to keep our spirits high."

Yet again, Leeds are being linked for a move for James Milner should Leeds get promoted!

Is this agent talk, to get the 32 yo a new contract?

Perhaps Milner does want to come back.

Do we want him, especially if he only fancies coming back if we are in the top fight?

Bielsa has said that Kemar Roofe, Pablo Hernandez, Gaetano Berardi and Conor Shaughnessy will all be back for the away trip to Blackburn Rovers on October 20.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 3rd Oct)

Post by Chilli D »

Morning EB1 and Everyone,

It's already been said by a few people on another thread but it was a tired second half performance last night.
Once we got our noses in front the players seemed to just go through the motions as they felt one was enough (well that's how it looked but the players would probably say different)
We almost paid for it near the end when there was an almighty goalmouth scramble.
MB's use of the same few players all the time is starting to contribute to the tiredness in my opinion.
Having said all that, we played some lovely one touch football at times, particularly in the first half but more often than not the moves broke down around their box.
The squad itself will benefit from the international break and numbers wise look much healthier for the Blackburn game.

Nice comments from Nigel Adkins, much respect to him for it.
Unfortunately for him he has inherited a dire squad, they were really poor last night and it didn't help their cause losing one of their better players, Jackson Irvine, to injury last night. It's going to be a long season for them.

Agent / paper talk regarding James Milner, nothing more.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Plenty of shooting practice needed before Saturday for sure

One of my mates is a Cod Head Season ticket holder so plenty of abuse lastnight especially when he said how can’t we score against a bang average Hull team, I pointed they’d have to raise their game massively to be bang average, they’ll be in a relegation battle all season

I’d have Milner back in a heart beat Liverpool’s most consistent player so far this year and would even play Ballboy if he was asked top bloke and absolute quality footballer
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

sign of a promotion side when you pick up 3 points when not at your best. dominated the game without the creativity.
made hard work of it but the lack in the fire power department at the moment was always going to be a tight game.

think nigel adkins was probably a tad disappointed his side didnt make more against a shot shy leeds. what i seen of hull last night if he keeps them up he will be an absolute f**king genius. dead man walking methinks !

for his experiance alone would take milner anyday. need to take a huge pay cut tho.

beat brentford , get hernandez , roofe , beradi back after international break and izzy brown , bamford still to come lots to be optimistic about. mot.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 am Morning EB1 and Everyone,

It's already been said by a few people on another thread but it was a tired second half performance last night.
Once we got our noses in front the players seemed to just go through the motions as they felt one was enough (well that's how it looked but the players would probably say different)
We almost paid for it near the end when there was an almighty goalmouth scramble.
MB's use of the same few players all the time is starting to contribute to the tiredness in my opinion.
Having said all that, we played some lovely one touch football at times, particularly in the first half but more often than not the moves broke down around their box.
The squad itself will benefit from the international break and numbers wise look much healthier for the Blackburn game.

Nice comments from Nigel Adkins, much respect to him for it.
Unfortunately for him he has inherited a dire squad, they were really poor last night and it didn't help their cause losing one of their better players, Jackson Irvine, to injury last night. It's going to be a long season for them.

Agent / paper talk regarding James Milner, nothing more.

Chilli
Morning Chilli D, must say, I was expecting more from our subs, especially Forshaw.

Dallas did ok, even when he had to cover the left back role. Jansson and Cooper did well in the heart of our defence.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 am Plenty of shooting practice needed before Saturday for sure

One of my mates is a Cod Head Season ticket holder so plenty of abuse lastnight especially when he said how can’t we score against a bang average Hull team, I pointed they’d have to raise their game massively to be bang average, they’ll be in a relegation battle all season

I’d have Milner back in a heart beat Liverpool’s most consistent player so far this year and would even play Ballboy if he was asked top bloke and absolute quality footballer
Morning Ratscoot, Hull drew last week with Boro, so Hull can't be that bad....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

leic white 63 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:00 am sign of a promotion side when you pick up 3 points when not at your best. dominated the game without the creativity.
made hard work of it but the lack in the fire power department at the moment was always going to be a tight game.

think nigel adkins was probably a tad disappointed his side didnt make more against a shot shy leeds. what i seen of hull last night if he keeps them up he will be an absolute f**king genius. dead man walking methinks !

for his experiance alone would take milner anyday. need to take a huge pay cut tho.

beat brentford , get hernandez , roofe , beradi back after international break and izzy brown , bamford still to come lots to be optimistic about. mot.
Morning 63, well said, when a team can pick up points whilst playing badly, that IS a sign that promotion is looming.

Thing is, we aren't playing badly. We should have stuffed, Brum, Wendies and Hull imo, but have found it difficult to unlock defences.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:29 am Morning Chilli D, must say, I was expecting more from our subs, especially Forshaw.

Dallas did ok, even when he had to cover the left back role. Jansson and Cooper did well in the heart of our defence.
It's amazing how fortunes can change in football. In pre-season Forshaw would have been one of the first names on Bielsa's teamsheet but an injury cost him his place and I can't see him dislodging anyone at the moment, not least because Bielsa seems reluctant to change things. Those warming the bench will have to be patient and do their best to impress when they get the chance.

Dallas will never be more than a fringe player, and could be further down the pecking order soon.

You're absolutely right about Cooper and particularly Jansson, they looked solid last night.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 am Good Morning Everyone

Tyler Robert's 51st minute goal was enough to send the Mighty Whites back to the top of the table as Leeds recorded their first away win against Hull since 2007.

The big question has to be, why was it only 1-0.

We had over two thirds possession of the play, more shots at goal, and more corners yet we could only manage one shot on target!
Good afternoon Matt & everyone

Because of a lack of composure from Alioski & Douglas who both missed good chances yet again, second half should have been a much easier watch on my nerves

My god how much are we missing Roofe & Hernandez, easy meat when you know where net is !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 am After the game Hull boss Nigel Atkins said

"We've probably played against one of the best teams in the Championship I've seen in many years.

"They are going to take teams to the cleaners this season. If you think we are on a level playing field, we're not.

"We are where we are. I'm not happy with it, but we are trying hard on the training ground with the group of guys we've got.

"There's a spirit about them. We've got to keep our spirits high."
I think he is doing the same sort of sh*t that Paul Heckingbottom came up with in trying to deflect blame from himself. Fair enough to describe Wolves last season as not being on a level playing field (due to th amount they spent and the quality of loan players they were able to bring in) but sorry how are we not on a level playing field to Hull? The majority of our players were here last season and over the course of the season were bang average. We probably spent £3m (at most) more than we recouped. Adkins went down in my opinion with his comments especially saying 'with the group of guys we've got.' Basically throwing the team under the bus there in the same way PH did. However it is up to a good manager to get the most out of them and Bielsa has shown that this season by turning the derided players of last season into a team sitting top of the league with only 1 new signing in the team (Douglas).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 am Bielsa has said that Kemar Roofe, Pablo Hernandez, Gaetano Berardi and Conor Shaughnessy will all be back for the away trip to Blackburn Rovers on October 20.
Normal service will resume when our magician returns :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 am One of my mates is a Cod Head Season ticket holder so plenty of abuse lastnight especially when he said how can’t we score against a bang average Hull team, I pointed they’d have to raise their game massively to be bang average, they’ll be in a relegation battle all season
Worst team I've seen this season Rat :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:29 am Morning Chilli D, must say, I was expecting more from our subs, especially Forshaw.
Forshaw has been distinctly average when he's come on as a sub

You enquired the other day could he carry out the job Phillips is doing, the truth is a big fat NO on his current form. I'm starting to dread every time Bielsa throws him onto the pitch
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 am Morning Ratscoot, Hull drew last week with Boro, so Hull can't be that bad....
According to my Hull pals, we are much better than Boro'

As so often with Pulis teams Boro' parked the bus at the KC as they did at ER showing very little inventiveness in an attacking-sense. Boro' could bore the tits off most championship fans & still go up :chair:

I really hope they fail, the likes of Pulis & Warnock are killing football
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am Good afternoon Matt & everyone

Because of a lack of composure from Alioski & Douglas who both missed good chances yet again, second half should have been a much easier watch on my nerves

My god how much are we missing Roofe & Hernandez, easy meat when you know where net is !
Afternoon Leon, Hull's fortunes won't be helped by the fact that their fans are not getting behind them. Last night, for a Yorkshire derby the ground was half full, and their crowd was quiet.

I see Leeds only bought 2,000 fans. Was that our allocation?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am I think he is doing the same sort of sh*t that Paul Heckingbottom came up with in trying to deflect blame from himself. Fair enough to describe Wolves last season as not being on a level playing field (due to th amount they spent and the quality of loan players they were able to bring in) but sorry how are we not on a level playing field to Hull? The majority of our players were here last season and over the course of the season were bang average. We probably spent £3m (at most) more than we recouped. Adkins went down in my opinion with his comments especially saying 'with the group of guys we've got.' Basically throwing the team under the bus there in the same way PH did. However it is up to a good manager to get the most out of them and Bielsa has shown that this season by turning the derided players of last season into a team sitting top of the league with only 1 new signing in the team (Douglas).
Afternoon Weasel, great point. The only difference is Douglas (and Roberts as he didn't actually play for us last season due to injury).

When you're in a dog fight, you need everybody around you to get behind you. Not sure Atkins can do that.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:35 am Worst team I've seen this season Rat :tup:
Would you actually say that? Not just because they're Hull (and they smell of fish)? :roflmao:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw's chance will come, difficult to come off the bench for some and we know he has the quality for this division.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:22 pm Afternoon Leon, Hull's fortunes won't be helped by the fact that their fans are not getting behind them. Last night, for a Yorkshire derby the ground was half full, and their crowd was quiet.

I see Leeds only bought 2,000 fans. Was that our allocation?
We sold out our 2,000 allocation Matt

I don't blame the Hull fans for not turning up, they have witnessed all their best players flogged by Allam & replaced by inferior types. Allam has already told their fans to expect League One football next season. He is holding out for the final parachute payments at the end of the season ten he is off with all the cash in his pockets

Now who does that remind you of at Leeds ?

They have gone from being a premiership outfit to one of the worst 'ull teams I've seen
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:28 pm Would you actually say that? Not just because they're Hull (and they smell of fish)? :roflmao:
No honestly they are awful

That's the disappointment for me as certain players thought it was a stroll in the park & took their foot off the gas :( We should have smashed them 4 or 5 nil

Newport & Sutton United showed more heart than the codheads