Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Brentford Match Thread

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:22 pm I am :)

Best left back we have.
he redeemed himself when he went left back. he was s**t till then.
the ref was a disgrace fair play to pontus he was only telling the truth.
10 out 10 for the dive . wouldnt been a penalty anyways sloppy pass from cooper .
ayling had a f**king shocker .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Aston Villa chairman Tony Xia has been fined £4,000 and warned about his future conduct by the Football Association after a tweet suggesting a referee was against the club.The Chinese businessman criticised official Jeremy Simpson after Villa's 1-0 win over Bolton last month and has admitted an FA misconduct charge.

Wonder how much the fine will be that PJ gets.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

weasel wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 pm Aston Villa chairman Tony Xia has been fined £4,000 and warned about his future conduct by the Football Association after a tweet suggesting a referee was against the club.The Chinese businessman criticised official Jeremy Simpson after Villa's 1-0 win over Bolton last month and has admitted an FA misconduct charge.

Wonder how much the fine will be that PJ gets.
f**k em :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ref will go home tonight and know he had a stinker, they can have very bad days at the office too...hopefully his bias will adjust the next time he refs us

I like the reaction and passion from Pontus, settling for poor reffereeing is a sign of an apathetic state of mind. Clubshould pay any fine and skysports should stop thrusting microphones under players mouths.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The only consistency he showed was giving Brentford every decision. Every time we won a 50/50 he blew for a foul, but when it was us there was nothing. Delighted Brentford didn't win rather than us drawing, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. No doubt cheat Watkins and Canos headbutting Alioski will go unpunished.

Pros:
Jansson - deserved his goal.
Roberts looking more confident and getting in good positions.
BPF lively and some good saves today.
Clarke making his debut and playing well.
Alioski excellent after moving to LB. Deserves credit after becoming the boo boy
Baker made a good impact from the bench offers far more than Forshaw

Cons:
Cheating referee
Diving and timewasting by Brentford
Cooper and Ayling constantly making mistakes and giving the ball away - Brentford's best players apart from the ref
How many times do we see the opposition commit a yellow card offence while booked and the ref lets them off before they're subbed a minute later?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Anyone know the name of the referee from today? I'd like to watch out for him and ses how be referees his next match
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Alioski - He isn't an attacking winger, he cant beat a man and is always offside...BUT today when he reverted to full back he was excellent !
Jansson - immense, definitely Man of the match but his interview will cost him.

Ayling - worst game I have seen him play.

Ref - one of the worst ref displays I have seen, I was convinced he came to the game on the Brentford coach !

I think we actually gave Brentford far too much respect and consequently made them look alot better than they actually are.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Joe gives it some wellie.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:51 pm Alioski - He isn't an attacking winger, he cant beat a man and is always offside...BUT today when he reverted to full back he was excellent !
Jansson - immense, definitely Man of the match but his interview will cost him.

Ayling - worst game I have seen him play.

Ref - one of the worst ref displays I have seen, I was convinced he came to the game on the Brentford coach !

I think we actually gave Brentford far too much respect and consequently made them look alot better than they actually are.
an excellent summary 60s
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

No penalty for us in 50 games, but some teams in this league get them every week.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Oscar gives a balanced report.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brentford are a good footballing side so to fight back showing immense character & determination to gain a deserved draw after all the cheating, gamesmanship & spoiling tactics is nothing short of remarkable when you consider our weakened line-up & half the team's performances way under par today

Positives
Jansson's immense faultless performance.
Pontus back on the scoresheet.
Clarke's impressive debut for one so young.
Alioski's excellent 2nd half performnce, our new LB.
Better from our substitutions today.
Last season we'd have lost that match.
The spirit of this squad under such adversity.

Negatives
Cheating referee, he may well hide behind the security staff, an absolute disgrace.
Brentford's diving, feigning injury/gamesmanship antics.
Cooper and Ayling - Brentford's best players apart from the ref.
Pontus rage that will cost him financially as the Football League will do their utmost to protect their cheating inept referee. Good on Pontus for confronting the FL & Sky telling the truth.

07 Peacock-Farrell
03 Ayling
10 Jansson MOTM
05 Cooper
04 Dallas
07 Phillips
04 Harrison
05 Saiz
06 Klich
08 Alioski
07 Roberts
Subs
06 Baker
06 Forshaw
07 Clarke

0 Referee - Simpson is his name, should be banned from refereeing in the championship until he becomes competent at this level. Hope not to see this clown at ER again.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I see Oscar didn't mention the ref or the dive, may have missed it live I guess but the Ref ruined that match for me and made our opponents much harder to beat. Also a little dismissive of what a good cameo that was from Clarke, almost scoring from a tight angle and a constant threat down the right, looks the natural replacement for Pablo. Different kind of player but equally dangerous.

I thought first half they shaved it and it wasn't a 70/20 split. We could have been 1 up at HT and it wouldn't have been against the run of play.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:11 pm No penalty for us in 50 games, but some teams in this league get them every week.
Some team get them when are not penalties :oops: :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't see Tuesday game at all but if Pontus was that good then then he needs to be starting. Not sure in that case how we shoe horn in Beradi who's been our best defender before injury and deserves to get back in. He's not a wing back and I would say in place of Coop but he's left footed plus the captain.

Brentford's different captain every week is a stupid idea and will cost them down the line.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

BPF - 8 - Not a lot to do, but did it well. The peno was a disgrace.
Ayling - 4 - Worst game I have seen him play. Lost count of the number of misplaced passes. Not commenting on the sending off, as it was undeserved.
Dallas - 4 - We really missed Douglas, and hopefully MB realises that Dallas is not the right answer as a replacement at left back. Constantly caught out of position.
Jansson - 9 - MOM Defended really well, and came up with the equaliser. What more could you ask.
Cooper - 5 - One or two dangerous passes which could have cost us.
Phillips - 7 - A battling performance, and unlucky not to score.
Harrison - 5.5 - Obviously has skill, and some of his control was lovely, but he needs to show it more often.
Saiz - 6 - Not on the ball often enough to make a mark on the game.
Klich - 6.5 - Flashes of excellence, but closed out too often by Brentford.
Roberts - 7 - Marshalled well by the Brentford central defenders, but has bags of ability for a 19 year old.
Alioski - 8 - Average as a winger but excelled as a wing back. Put in some lovely crosses.

Subs:
Forshaw - 6.5 - Looked a bit more up with the pace.
Clarke - 7 - Unfazed on his debut. Glides past players - His full back should have been sent off.
Baker - 7 - Unlucky not to be on the scoresheet, and added some attacking oomph.

Ref: - 0 - The worst ref we have had since Salonica. Barely got a single thing right in the whole game. Needs investigating, Ironically, he is the last ref to give us a penalty - 50 games ago !!! That decision was incorrect, as well.

Brentford - 7 - A very good footballing side, who caused us more problems than we have had all season. Shame they reverted to shithousery to protect their lead (assisted by the ref).

Overall - A good game to watch, spoilt by the ref. A point may not be a bad thing at the end of the season. Glad we kept on going until the end.
Last edited by Gandalf on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

All of their chances came from Ayling and Cooper giving the ball away or a dodgy free kick, it's not like they overran us in midfield. The dive was from Cooper fannying about after a goal kick.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 pm I see Oscar didn't mention the ref or the dive, may have missed it live I guess but the Ref ruined that match for me and made our opponents much harder to beat. Also a little dismissive of what a good cameo that was from Clarke, almost scoring from a tight angle and a constant threat down the right, looks the natural replacement for Pablo. Different kind of player but equally dangerous.

I thought first half they shaved it and it wasn't a 70/20 split. We could have been 1 up at HT and it wouldn't have been against the run of play.
How could anyone miss those glaring errors & antics ?

Mr Simpson ruined that game for 31,000 + at ER today :(
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:44 pm Some team get them when are not penalties :oops: :shock:
Blunts have had 3 in a week, WBA and Forest have had loads too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd imagine Ayling, among others, was in the Ref's ear most of the game. He was probably looking for any excuse to show a red.