Jack Clarke- Get Your Boots On

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Clarke

Post by The Subhuman »

Again we agree, I think we mostly see the same things the same way. Clarke has impressed more at U23 level than Edmondson. I guess Edmondson offers a more target man outlet and more physicality in the area but I reckon at 2-0 down MB was wishing we had JC on the bench.

I also think it should have been Shackleton on for Phillips when we went 3 at the back. Dallas is a hard worker but lacks pace and hard work we weren't short of today. We were a little short on inspiration
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:07 pm Again we agree, I think we mostly see the same things the same way. Clarke has impressed more at U23 level than Edmondson. I guess Edmondson offers a more target man outlet and more physicality in the area but I reckon at 2-0 down MB was wishing we had JC on the bench.

I also think it should have been Shackleton on for Phillips when we went 3 at the back. Dallas is a hard worker but lacks pace and hard work we weren't short of today. We were a little short on inspiration
Wise people :)

Agree on Shacks to, we didnt need energy, we needed inspiration.

Our bench lacked that today.

Clarke would have been someone who may have provided some.

U23s play on Monday, hope he smashes it.

Not sure what more he has to do tbh :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well that was a cameo packed with quality
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

The boy done well . Promising on the ball and
should grow confident in this Leeds squad.
Lovred his attitude and wanted the ball. High praise to Marcelo& all the coaching staff.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:27 pm The boy done well . Promising on the ball and
should grow confident in this Leeds squad.
Lovred his attitude and wanted the ball. High praise to Marcelo& all the coaching staff.
to be honest not seen a lot of him but seems a young promising talent.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Watch this space pal.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We have a lot of talent in the ranks thanks to Mr Orta ...2/3 ball playing centre backs, Diaz and Halme in particular. Temenuzhkov, Edmondson both look like good strikers, Robbie Gotts and Jack Clarke look quality too..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I watched Bielsa's post match interview, well, most of it and I'm sure he mentioned young Clarke. Saying that we have a very good group of youngsters and that Clarke is proof that they can step up to the first team when required. (Please feel free to correct me if I got that wrong with the translation)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I've been screaming for him to get a chance for weeks, so glad to see it finally happen. I thought he showed no fear and his pace and trickery will cause problems. Great to see Bielsa is happy to bring on young players when we're behind and truly believes they can change the game. Now we just need to protect him from the vultures who will circle him.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well done Jack :supbo:

Skinned a Bees defender with his first touch, clinically stopped in his tracks

Brought a ball down from the sky with sublime control

Nice passing & movement

An accomplished cameo from the Jack the Lad :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Won 2 fouls almost instantly when brought down because he was to skillful for the fb.

They had to take there fb off to deal with him.

Put in some great crosses.

Was direct and brave, beat his man and crossed the ball.

Thats all a winger has to do, Harrison while talented seems to want to beat a fb 3 times.

Unfortunately i imagine once we have Hernandez and Roofe back it will be back to the u23s for Clarkey.

A mistake imo but very good cameo.
Signed

King Cjay

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 pm Won 2 fouls almost instantly when brought down because he was to skillful for the fb.

They had to take there fb off to deal with him.

Put in some great crosses.

Was direct and brave, beat his man and crossed the ball.

Thats all a winger has to do, Harrison while talented seems to want to beat a fb 3 times.

Unfortunately i imagine once we have Hernandez and Roofe back it will be back to the u23s for Clarkey.

A mistake imo but very good cameo.
I'm not so sure he will be CJay.
He looked full of confidence when he came on and having just watched the game this evening, I was impressed. I think MB will have been as well.
I'm not saying he will get a start any time soon but I think he will (should) remain in the 18. It's more likely Pearce and Edmondson will drop down before him.
Hard to believe he's still only 17. What a player we could have on our hands.
If they haven't already I hope the club tie him into a long contract.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 pm I'm not so sure he will be CJay.
He looked full of confidence when he came on and having just watched the game this evening, I was impressed. I think MB will have been as well.
I'm not saying he will get a start any time soon but I think he will (should) remain in the 18. It's more likely Pearce and Edmondson will drop down before him.
Hard to believe he's still only 17. What a player we could have on our hands.
If they haven't already I hope the club tie him into a long contract.
Hope you're right Chilli.

Agree entirely, he was very impressive and oozed confidence.

17 years old coming on to help his boyhood club at home in front of a frustrated crowd, would have been easy for him to fade into the background.

But he wanted the ball he was desperate for it, thats always a good sign imo.

Signed up till 2021.

Think he gives us something we lack, a game changer from the bench.

When Roofe and Hernandez come back (Bamford to but thats ages away and Brown).

We can have Clarke and Harrison and Roberts on the bench or Roofe and Pablo or whatever.

Will have options and Clarke certainly should be one.

Cant remember the last time we had such a talented looking attacking player from the youth team.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another really impressive cameo from Jack.

Yes he did overplay at one point.

But he was so positive, running at full backs, winning corners, taking shots.

Pleased Bielsa gave him another chance and surely pushing for a start vs Ipswich?

Bottom of the table, low on confidence at Elland Road.

I think thats a great opportunity to give him his 1st start.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:41 pm Another really impressive cameo from Jack.

Yes he did overplay at one point.

But he was so positive, running at full backs, winning corners, taking shots.

Pleased Bielsa gave him another chance and surely pushing for a start vs Ipswich?

Bottom of the table, low on confidence at Elland Road.

I think thats a great opportunity to give him his 1st start.
He's after No.10 shirt :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 pm He's after No.10 shirt :lol:
And on Wednesday he should have it (temporarily) :)

Ali left back Clarke left wing.
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Hopefully a big night for this kid tomorrow, Bielsa has admitted he had made mistakes with selections, he has said he doesn’t think Clarke will start, but will he have a little doubt about his selections, I feel he might throw caution to wind and let Clarke show what he’s got under lights at Elland Road live on sky!!
On a side note, isn’t it great the talent coming through from the u23s, vital investments made last year that will help this club long term, we’re any of Clarke, Edmonson or Shackleton Orta signings or were they here before that?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

dezzy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 pm Hopefully a big night for this kid tomorrow, Bielsa has admitted he had made mistakes with selections, he has said he doesn’t think Clarke will start, but will he have a little doubt about his selections, I feel he might throw caution to wind and let Clarke show what he’s got under lights at Elland Road live on sky!!
On a side note, isn’t it great the talent coming through from the u23s, vital investments made last year that will help this club long term, we’re any of Clarke, Edmonson or Shackleton Orta signings or were they here before that?
Hope your right and Bielsa has a change of heart.

Cant think of a better game then against the bottom side at home.

He has earned a chance and think it would give the fans a real lift to.

Edmondson was an Orta signing.

Clarke and Shacks were already here although Orta was here when they signed pro deals so given Clarke was wanted by Manchester City could say Orta deserves some credit as DOF, presumably he was involved in the contract negotiations?
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm Hope your right and Bielsa has a change of heart.

Cant think of a better game then against the bottom side at home.

He has earned a chance and think it would give the fans a real lift to.

Edmondson was an Orta signing.

Clarke and Shacks were already here although Orta was here when they signed pro deals so given Clarke was wanted by Manchester City could say Orta deserves some credit as DOF, presumably he was involved in the contract negotiations?
Cheers for that, was wondering, as the 23s are clearly a massive benefit and a strong team helps Clarke etc develop, you would have thought more would be putting their hands up for the first team considering the investments made
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..