The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 9th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 9th Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

The FA are to investigate Sergi Canos's headbutt on Alioski at the weekend. Being that it was so blatant, I don't think there was any way they couldn't.

If it had happened on the pitch, it would have been a straight red card so you'd expect the Brentford winger to get at least a three game ban.
Thoughts?

Both Jansson and Cooper have been nominated for Septembers PFA fans player of the month!

Its a no brainer really!

Lille chairman Gérard López was the guest on RMC Sport’s show ‘Footissime’ on Monday, and he revealed he was forced to part ways with Bielsa after he lost the dressing room at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy.

“It’s not very fair to the coach because there are dressing rooms that are behind the coach, even in the worst situations, while others that do not back their coach, even in regular situations,”

“With very intense coaches like Bielsa, at a certain moment, there is a break and we must always choose the team, the institution, rather than the person.”
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 9th Sept)

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning Ellandback

Viewing it through the eyes of the EFL I suspect Alioski will get a 3 match ban and Leeds will receive a fine for Alioski’s blatant jumping into their dugout and “back butting” Canos

It can only be the Magic Man
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Good morning EB1 and everyone,

I will be amazed if Sergi Canos escapes punishment for the headbutt. I have no idea at all why he felt the need to do that when all Alioski was trying to do was get the ball back. On that subject, the idiot coach who kept hold of the ball whoever he was, should also be charged because had he just given it straight back none of what followed would have happened.

Nice that we have two candidates for player of the month for September but I don't think Cooper has any chance of winning it simply because Jansson is also nominated.

I think there is zero chance of MB losing our dressing room, just the opposite in fact.
There may be one or two with their chins on their chests because they're not getting a game but that's part and parcel of a football squad. Not everyone can play.
The way we're playing this season, for the most part anyway, I think the January transfer window could be very interesting indeed if MB decides to add to the squad.
Certain tabloids yesterday were stating he wants to add a central defender, a winger and a forward to the squad. Probably nonsense but we shall see.

Chilli.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:10 am Lille chairman Gérard López was the guest on RMC Sport’s show ‘Footissime’ on Monday, and he revealed he was forced to part ways with Bielsa after he lost the dressing room at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy.

“It’s not very fair to the coach because there are dressing rooms that are behind the coach, even in the worst situations, while others that do not back their coach, even in regular situations,”

“With very intense coaches like Bielsa, at a certain moment, there is a break and we must always choose the team, the institution, rather than the person.”
That is a huge reason why football is in such a poor state with players having too much power. A couple of players that aren't starting or simply dislike having to work hard and they start unrest and the manager gets sacked. Should be the manager being backed and him transferring the bad apples out of the club. A dropped player simply needs to act up and get the manager sacked rather than fight to win his place back.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

You call that a head but???
Canos obviously has never been to Scotland and learnt about the Gelsca KIss
it has to be delivered to the bridge of the nose. His attempt was more like
a delivery to the furry front bottom.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I imagine it's easy for Bielsa to lose the dressing room if results aren't good because of his intensive style and him clearly having his favourites. However, while results are good I'm sure the players will be happy to put in the extra effort if it's showing on the pitch.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

"Lille chairman Gérard López was the guest on RMC Sport’s show ‘Footissime’ on Monday, and he revealed he was forced to part ways with Bielsa after he lost the dressing room at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy."

Ah blew ma nose at you you silly French football Chairman. Ah fart in your general direction
you garlic munching, frog leg chomping Gaul. Go away before ah paint your dressing room PINK.
Your Lille and your willie is too little. Never appear on TV again or I will come and taunt you a second time.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Afternoon all,

I bet Alex Ferguson "lost" the dressing room privately amongst the players during hairdryer treatment but did he or the board give a damn?
No. If they players couldn't hack it then tough. Go and play for someone else
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:37 am You call that a head but???
Canos obviously has never been to Scotland and learnt about the Gelsca KIss
it has to be delivered to the bridge of the nose. His attempt was more like
a delivery to the furry front bottom.
The FL can fine Canos for intent
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa has gained so much respect from his players which is the reason why he won't lose the dressing-room
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:58 am Nice that we have two candidates for player of the month for September but I don't think Cooper has any chance of winning it simply because Jansson is also nominated.
Pontus is the best CB in the championship :)