The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 12th Oct)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 12th Oct)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Radrizzani has been talking to the Daily Mirror about Leeds progression. He seems to be saying that Bielsa will stay at Leeds next season - even if we don't get promoted.

“I think we have progressed in terms of everything – management, facilities and the sporting side is doing better,” the Leeds owner said.

“So the big impression is that the club is catching up to be a modern club. Soon, if not this season then maybe next year, we will be ready to go in the right direction for promotion.

“After last year, I really wanted to have a manager to give us strong leadership, to be a catalyst for the whole club and the players. I thought we needed to change the culture of the entire club and very quickly he has achieved this objective, so I am very happy with that.”

Bryce Hosannah has suffered another injury setback. The 19yo right back featured for the u23's for the first time this season against Southampton last Friday night, but there is an instagram picture on the former Crystal Palace social media page showing him in a protective boot!

There is better news for Berardi. He is fit and raring to go. He is expected to replace Luke Ayling who is suspended.

Leeds may try and sign Brandley Kuwas on a pre-contract agreement.

The Heracles Almelo winger was a target for the Whites during the Summer, but the 3.25m price tag was a stumbling block.

His contract contract expires at the end of the season, so you'd think his club to cooperate.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 12th Oct)

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone

Many top people in football were surprised Leeds managed to land the pedigree of Bielsa as our new coach.

Time has proven we have employed a coach who is a cut above the rest in the championship. His methods are totally innovative, very similar to the great Don Revie which is probably the highest compliment Marcelo could receive.

Bielsa's methods has improved players skills, fitness & mentality significantly which seems he is a miracle worker when you compare the same players to last seasons dismal performances

Marcelo has also taught young affluent men disciplined good behaviour

Without any doubt in my mind Bielsa was our most important signing & the best man we could have employed for the ER job during the summer
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:38 am Good morning Matt & everyone

Many top people in football were surprised Leeds managed to land the pedigree of Bielsa as our new coach.

Time has proven we have employed a coach who is a cut above the rest in the championship. His methods are totally innovative, very similar to the great Don Revie which is probably the highest compliment Marcelo could receive.

Bielsa's methods has improved players skills, fitness & mentality significantly which seems he is a miracle worker when you compare the same players to last seasons dismal performances

Marcelo has also taught young affluent men disciplined good behaviour

Without any doubt in my mind Bielsa was our most important signing & the best man we could have employed for the ER job during the summer
Morning EB1 and everyone,

Yes totally agree with'64.
MB has changed things over a few short months more than I ever could have believed or hoped for.
The players seem to have a never say die attitude now as has been proven in the games against Swansea, Millwall and Brentford.

Glad to hear Beradi is fit and raring to go. It will be interesting to see if he start against Blackburn or if he puts Jamie Shackleton in.
I expect both will see some game time in the U23's before then.
Hopefully we will hear the same good news about Kemar and Pablo.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Oh and I have never heard of Brandley Kuwas.
I just Googled him and apparently he has made 7 appearances for Hercules Almelo this season and scored 2 goals with 1 assist.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hopefully the question won't arise as we'll be promoted. But if not, it would be good if Bielsa stayed.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

64 has hit the nail on the head here. Largely same team (or you could even argue the first ream is cheaper than under heck) with BPF, CP and Klitch ahead of the likes of Forshaw. The improvements in attitude,fitness, ability and most importantly disciplinary (Ayling put us back a notch on that as did the Saiz dive) but otherwise 100% improvement.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The Pontus transformation alone is a wonderful achievement. I think MB took the hard decisions first - get the most important, basic steps right and the rest will follow.
It is so uplifting to be able to support a worthy team instead of a collection of ragtags.