Loan Signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Loan Signings

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:10 pm We should have been in for them was my point, instead of signing players who arent that good and just can pad out the squad.

Mount and Barnes would both be in the first 11 imo, as would Gayle, as would Besic.

We are relying on Bielsa and his coaching rather then bringing in quality in depth.
Spot on Cjay

We p*ss about looking for cheap options as we did with our £3m net spend this summer, this is the Leeds way hence why we are still in the championship

Take out our two genuine quality players Jansson & Hernandez plus Roofe from our team for sustained period of time & our play is far from fluent as our replacements are not upto standard.

Our first XI has promotion credentials, after that our chances are questionable & vulnerable

Bielsa is our shining light, without him we'd be mid-table now
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:30 pm If we got promoted then we could easily afford both of the 2 mentioned. Same with Mooy at Huddersfield - they had no deal to buy but because they got promoted they were able to afford £10m (without being disrespectful they probably wouldn't have been able to afford £2m if they hadn't been promoted). City had seen him playing for a year and presumably thought he was decent but never going to get into their side. Same could easily happen with Harrison who will have to really come on leaps and bounds to get into City's first team squad yet could be a great player for a newly promoted club. Likewise Brown wouldn't appear to be close to Chelsea's first team squad so whilst we couldn't afford to buy either now if we got promoted and they'd impressed than I doubt we'd have any problem signing them.
You're right, we probably could sign them as part of the business plan at City and Chelsea is to sign cheap young players, loan them out, sell them on for profit, decent idea.

Although, Chelsea refused to sell Brown to Udders so no guarantees and given the inflated prices in the ENglish league you can bet thy would demand far more then Browns value anyway if he were to have a good season, which is why we should be negotiating loan fees, a reasonable clause that is both agreeable to us and the parent club should we wish to sign the player, that way if he does well then we arent paying an inflated pricie.

That paragraph sums it up really for me.

If, and it is a big if, Harrison, Baker, Brown etc do have good seasons, say they grow into key players and we get up.

CHelsea and City will think "hmm well they will really want them now, lets double the price".

Thats my problem really, aside from the fact im not sure there good enough or ever wil be fit enough in Browns case.

If they are good enough and im wrong (be happy to be so) then we either wont be able to afford them or will have to pay a huge price probably above there true value to reflect the season that they had.

Thats why we should be making sure to agree a price before the loan imo, i dont like loans only, i dont like that the players dont look class (which was what i was getting at, if the payer is clearly a top class talent who we could never afford then fine, just loan).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 pm Spot on Cjay

We p*ss about looking for cheap options as we did with our £3m net spend this summer, this is the Leeds way hence why we are still in the championship

Take out our two genuine quality players Jansson & Hernandez plus Roofe from our team for sustained period of time & our play is far from fluent as our replacements are not upto standard.

Our first XI has promotion credentials, after that our chances are questionable & vulnerable

We will never know for sure if the players i mentioned were ever really available to us, as we will never know for sure that they wernt, we can all only speculate.

We dont make the best use of the loan window imo and we dont use it smartly.

Loan to buy for Lasogga, Bartley, Harrison, Baker etc etc etc.

Admittedly not all loans youd want to buy, but its important to have the option imo.

And only when the player is to good to turn down is it acceptable not to, as Barnes, Gayle etc show, tiz that that i was getting it rather then specific players.

Loans should never be used to pad out a squad, not at our level, loans should be made to improve the first 11, and that player on loan usually has a cost that we wont pay imo.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 pm Spot on Cjay

But spending money and expensive loan signings doesn't guarantee anything, just look at Villa.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:08 pm But spending money and expensive loan signings doesn't guarantee anything, just look at Villa.
I'm not saying spend a fortune, but £3m net is tinpot for a club of our stature

Give Bielsa the real deals & he would make them into even better players & promotion would probably be assured. Right now we are giving him turds to shine & just hoping we have enough !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 pm I'm not saying spend a fortune, but £3m net is tinpot for a club of our stature

Give Bielsa the real deals & he would make them into even better players & promotion would probably be assured. Right now we are giving him turds to shine & just hoping we have enough !
With pineapples on there heads :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:42 pm With pineapples on there heads :)
Now now.

I love our pineapple :eng:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Grot came off the bench in the 70th minute to score in a 2-0 win and Malik Wilkes who was left out of the last match came back with a bang to score and that now makes 5 goals from 16 games, is that good enough to get back to Leeds?
Anita came off the bench for the last 15 minutes for Breda
LDB played the full 90 minutes but was thrashed 4-0
Ousim Bouy came off the bench for the last 15 minutes
Pavel Cibicki was subbed after 70 minutes in a 2-2 draw
Sacko not even on the bench
Lewie Coyle played full 90 as usual
Tyler Denton an unused Sub
Paudie O'Connor left out again
Caleb Ekuban plays in Turkey tonight
Liam Kitching played full 90 again to rave revues in a 0-0 draw
Oriel Rey played the full 90 and won MOM
Alex Machuca an unused sub
Harrison Male 17yo keep on loan at Taddy Albion played all 90
Adrian Balboa came on as a 75th minute sub
Oliver Sarkic an 89th minute sub
Idaguchi back at the club with PCI problems season over
O'Kane another one with season ending injury

A pretty poor weekend again on the whole for these loanees who will not earn the club much money if we sell. Grot scored again, Wilkes back with a goal but not regular starter, Cibicki is usually good, Coyle is always good & young Rey turned it on as well as Kitching, but I'm afraid the rest are struggling to get into bad teams so not holding out much hope
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Hi 64,

Lewie Coyle - Simply has to be back with us pushing for a starting place next season. He should be with us now in my opinion.
Liam Kitching - Another who you would expect to be in and around the first team next season. Big step up from the National League though.
Tyler Denton - Very surprised he's not getting a game but Posh are doing well. Needs to take his chance when it comes.
Oriel Rey - Maybe has a future at ER?
Paudie O'Connor - Another not gaining any experience warming the bench
Harrison Male - Still very young so plenty of time to develop further

The rest need to seek employment elsewhere
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:00 am Lewie Coyle - Simply has to be back with us pushing for a starting place next season. He should be with us now in my opinion.
I couldn't understand Coyle being out on loan this season Chilli, he is further ahead in his career than Shackleton, Clarke & our other young players. He has cruised League One for the last fifteen months which must have been valuable experience for Lewie, hopefully he can return to Leeds in January, he'd offer us much more down the flank than Stuart Dallas ever could. I'd have thought he would settle into Bielsa's style of play with ease!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am I couldn't understand Coyle being out on loan this season Chilli, he is further ahead in his career than Shackleton, Clarke & our other young players. He has cruised League One for the last fifteen months which must have been valuable experience for Lewie, hopefully he can return to Leeds in January, he'd offer us much more down the flank than Stuart Dallas ever could. I'd have thought he would settle into Bielsa's style of play with ease!
Coyle's only on loan until January, so he could come back. I don't see the point of loaning him to League 1 again, I'd rather a lower Championship team like Hull or Rotherham instead so he can improve at a higher level.