Blackburn v Leeds - MAN OF THE MATCH

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Blackburn v Leeds - MAN OF THE MATCH

Post by Chilli D »

Guys I'm not going to vote because I only saw from the 78th minute onwards. But I have seen the goals, both of which were headed from very close range.
Shouldn't BPF be coming for those?
I've said all along I don't think he commands his area very well and I stand by it. Maybe it's an age thing and he prefers to leave the challenges to the more experienced pros but to me anything inside the six yard box, he should be clearing people out to get to the ball. I see that he got quite a few votes so he must have done okay or was it just because others were so poor?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:33 pm Definitely :) he loves Leeds and will be really happy that at last the fans are starting to get behind him, but will be gutted after the result
Kalvin deserves all the plaudits, he's bought into Bielsa's style of play & took on his new role magnificently, also shown great dignity & respect when he has been hauled off for tactical reasons.
Phillips looks a more confident & composed player this season, one of the first names on the team sheet for me
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:12 pm Kalvin deserves all the plaudits, he's bought into Bielsa's style of play & took on his new role magnificently, also shown great dignity & respect when he has been hauled off for tactical reasons.
Phillips looks a more confident & composed player this season, one of the first names on the team sheet for me
Agreed 64.
A lot of players would have sulked at getting the hook twice in the first half but he took it in his stride and just got on with it.
I've never been his biggest fan but fair play to him. And he was our best player yesterday by all accounts
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:18 pm Agreed 64.
A lot of players would have sulked at getting the hook twice in the first half but he took it in his stride and just got on with it.
I've never been his biggest fan but fair play to him. And he was our best player yesterday by all accounts
Phillips, Pontus & Klich have been our most consistent players over the last ten games

Shame the rest don't show more consistency
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 pm Guys I'm not going to vote because I only saw from the 78th minute onwards. But I have seen the goals, both of which were headed from very close range.
Shouldn't BPF be coming for those?
I've said all along I don't think he commands his area very well and I stand by it. Maybe it's an age thing and he prefers to leave the challenges to the more experienced pros but to me anything inside the six yard box, he should be clearing people out to get to the ball. I see that he got quite a few votes so he must have done okay or was it just because others were so poor?
Big guys in the area? You're right BPF should be coming for those OR PJ/Coop should be picking them up...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 pm Big guys in the area? You're right BPF should be coming for those OR PJ/Coop should be picking them up...
Berardi was marking Danny Graham which I don't understand
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 pm Big guys in the area? You're right BPF should be coming for those OR PJ/Coop should be picking them up...
Berardi was marking Danny Graham which I don't understand
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't think it was intentional, he just reacted when our two centre halves went missing. For both their goals...Something wrong when centre halves aren't defending centre forwards and big central defenders at corners ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Jansson
Clarke
BPF
Phillips
Klich
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:56 pm I don't think it was intentional, he just reacted when our two centre halves went missing. For both their goals...Something wrong when centre halves aren't defending centre forwards and big central defenders at corners ...
Yes strange indeed especially with someone like Danny Graham who has scored many headed goals.

Rovers were a big team with Cooper & Pontus marking their CB's, one of them scored the winning goal
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Beradi didn't do badly on either goal, he was just out muscled ...
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:56 pm I don't think it was intentional, he just reacted when our two centre halves went missing. For both their goals...Something wrong when centre halves aren't defending centre forwards and big central defenders at corners ...
I’m guessing jansson and cooper were marking the two Centre backs...can’t blame the goal on them, they can’t mark everyone at a corner
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

There’s no way bpf should come and collect those corners as well, he has to get through about ten bodies to try and get anywhere near the ball
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:00 pm I’m guessing jansson and cooper were marking the two Centre backs...can’t blame the goal on them, they can’t mark everyone at a corner
They were Dan
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:55 pm Beradi didn't do badly on either goal, he was just out muscled ...
You could say that about any player marking an attacker. Simple fact is Berardi was part-responsible for both goals
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:07 pm You could say that about any player marking an attacker. Simple fact is Berardi was part-responsible for both goals
He wasn't involved in the second one - that was your mate Pontus losing his man, and Saiz giving the ball away (as he did for the first), and Roofe making a clumsy foul.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:58 pm He wasn't involved in the second one - that was your mate Pontus losing his man, and Saiz giving the ball away (as he did for the first), and Roofe making a clumsy foul.
Wasn't it Berardi who got his header back to BPF horribly wrong to concede a corner ??

Pontus isn't my mate, he just happens to be our only World Cup player & one of the best three players at our club. Certainly our best CB since we dropped our of the premiership
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 pm Wasn't it Berardi who got his header back to BPF horribly wrong to concede a corner ??

Pontus isn't my mate, he just happens to be our only World Cup player & one of the best three players at our club. Certainly our best CB since we dropped our of the premiership

They didn't score from that, their second came when Roofe hacked down their player, that lead to a corner which lead to the second corner for which Jannson went awol
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 pm They didn't score from that, their second came when Roofe hacked down their player, that lead to a corner which lead to the second corner for which Jannson went awol
Senior moment Faaip

I know Pontus was marking the scorer, Jansson ended up on the floor. Tbf he hasn't missed many headers over the last ten games, Pontus has been like a rock at the back
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Beradi also got in two key blocks and a wonderful from behind tackle on Armstrong to halt him in full flow which was butchered by the player clearing...Not forgetting the excellent assist of wonderful control and vision ...I scored Beradi 4 points by the way missing from the above table.. Beradi isn't flashy so doesn't show up but he's always put's himself about and NEVER goes missing...

He will make some errors because he's not afraid to make them. He's the best defender we have for bringing the ball out of defence too ..This feels like last season when I was making excellent points about Roofe no one was listening to while saying he's league one rubbish..