agggghhhhhhh

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: agggghhhhhhh

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:58 pm But there is a difference between "well" and the unbelievable level of praise you and others online have given him.

If he was truly playing at the level that the praise suggests then he would be influencing games like Neves, Shelvey etc.

Imo he has had 1 or 2 truly good games, mainly average ones, and a few poor ones, which is basically the same as before.
I must start watching streamed football, maybe live footy is clouding my judgement :lol:

How many points has KP acquired in our MOTM polls btw ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

When I saw the title of this thread I presumed somebody was having the same problem as me in that the number 8 key on their keyboard doesn't work all the time. Seems some people don't care about the problems other people have because they are oblivious to it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 pm I must start watching streamed football, maybe live footy is clouding my judgement :lol:

How many points has KP acquired in our MOTM polls btw ?
I see.

Then perhaps those who dont get to go live shouldn't have an opinion at all.

Because they are clearly wrong.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 pm I see.

I said that me watching live football clouds my judgement as you said KP has had one of two truly good games, mainly average ones, and a few poor ones

So I accept my opinion is incorrect.

No more KP discussion from me until my next match report
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:20 pm I said that me watching live football clouds my judgement as you said KP has had one of two truly good games, mainly average ones, and a few poor ones

So I accept my opinion is incorrect.

No more KP discussion from me until my next match report
I took it as sarcasm as in "pfft i see it live you dont" if that wasnt the intention then i apologise.

Incidentally will you be joining the Ipswich forum?

I did today had to wait to get verified or whatever.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 pm I took it as sarcasm as in "pfft i see it live you dont" if that wasnt the intention then i apologise.

Incidentally will you be joining the Ipswich forum?

I did today had to wait to get verified or whatever.
Which Tractor Boys forum have you applied to join Cjay ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:43 pm Which Tractor Boys forum have you applied to join Cjay ?
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/

That one

Seems quite lively.
Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:58 am Apologies had to get that out of my system, just been reading other threads here and I wanted to scream, typed out and erased 20 replies.......I'm just speechless and struggling to put into words appropriate arguments. Which is most unlike me.

Maybe I'll feel calmer later....
It's the same everywhere. If we're winning people go over the top with praise and our players are world beaters (Phillips for England :lol: ), and when we're losing its back to the doom and gloom of last season.

We've just come through a month or so where 3 key players have been injured and our second choice striker. We didn't have either of our fullbacks who have been impressive this season and are important in Bielsa's system... and yet were still only 2 points short with a winnable game tomorrow.

No team in this league looks like running away with it yet, so all we have to do is keep pace for now. We've been disappointing lately compared with the high bar we set ourselves with early performances, but that goal we scored at the weekend was evidence of the quality training and improvement of the players under Bielsa. I don't think we're conceding those goals with Ayling in defence, as Mowbray clearly said he exploited the fact we only had two tall defenders there.

I'm just enjoying the ride this season. We just nees to back the team/style every week, rather than getting on their backs (and Bielsa - he admitted he made a mistake with the line-up, so we won't be seeing Dallas RB again...).
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Genghers wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 am It's the same everywhere. If we're winning people go over the top with praise and our players are world beaters (Phillips for England :lol: ), and when we're losing its back to the doom and gloom of last season.

We've just come through a month or so where 3 key players have been injured and our second choice striker. We didn't have either of our fullbacks who have been impressive this season and are important in Bielsa's system... and yet were still only 2 points short with a winnable game tomorrow.

No team in this league looks like running away with it yet, so all we have to do is keep pace for now. We've been disappointing lately compared with the high bar we set ourselves with early performances, but that goal we scored at the weekend was evidence of the quality training and improvement of the players under Bielsa. I don't think we're conceding those goals with Ayling in defence, as Mowbray clearly said he exploited the fact we only had two tall defenders there.

I'm just enjoying the ride this season. We just nees to back the team/style every week, rather than getting on their backs (and Bielsa - he admitted he made a mistake with the line-up, so we won't be seeing Dallas RB again...).
Well said Genghers :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 am It's the same everywhere. If we're winning people go over the top with praise and our players are world beaters (Phillips for England :lol: ), and when we're losing its back to the doom and gloom of last season.

I'm really enjoying the ride this season, best football I've witnessed from a Leeds side in many years

It doesn't alter the fact that managers accommodating or playing players out of their natural position cost points as was the case at Swansea & Blackburn.

I'm gobsmacked & never expected Bielsa to fall into this unnecessary trait
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 pm I see.

A myth, it’s down to the person, people at the game or at home can see things differently or the same. Just so happens ye have a different opinion on a player, it’s not telivent where ye watched it.
Watch it at home you can be distracted, same at a match, the wide angles and bigger TVs mean the argument that you only follow the ball watching it on TV is incorrect, you can see large parts of the pitch at anyone time, as for watching it live, sometimes you can have a horrible view or crammed in.
Personally I think everybody here would agree live is the favored option, just some aren’t as lucky as others, but ALAW
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You see as much on tele as you do live. But you get different views.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

:tup: :tup:

In summary:
13 games gone
2 points off top
2nd highest scorers
2nd best defence
Not all bad
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

dezzy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:07 am A myth, it’s down to the person, people at the game or at home can see things differently or the same. Just so happens ye have a different opinion on a player, it’s not telivent where ye watched it.
Watch it at home you can be distracted, same at a match, the wide angles and bigger TVs mean the argument that you only follow the ball watching it on TV is incorrect, you can see large parts of the pitch at anyone time, as for watching it live, sometimes you can have a horrible view or crammed in.
Personally I think everybody here would agree live is the favored option, just some aren’t as lucky as others, but ALAW
some interesting points and thoughts there dezzy. obviously it depends on your personal eyesight and also which part of the ground you are in , my opinion i think you can watch the match more closely on the box . i agree depending on your circumstances you just cant beat the atmosphere and the sweet smells you get at live football.
lots of pros and cons !
However nowadays the nearer the karzi is , the better its for me !!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What Genghers said :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hector

Post by hector »

ditto :tup:

:tup:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:19 pm some interesting points and thoughts there dezzy. obviously it depends on your personal eyesight and also which part of the ground you are in , my opinion i think you can watch the match more closely on the box . i agree depending on your circumstances you just cant beat the atmosphere and the sweet smells you get at live football.
lots of pros and cons !
However nowadays the nearer the karzi is , the better its for me !!
Lol! Agreed!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Nail on the head!! Over reactions galore! As for players playing out of position, we have a manger making decisions he thinks are positive, when they don’t work he holds his hands up and moves on, no need for people jumping on every last one, there is a long season ahead
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Also give players a bloody chance! Dallas is poor footballer is being banded about a lot! The guy is a Northern Irish international, is he a top quality Championship player? No, but he can put in a shift, he’s also played how many different roles this season, while getting few minutes, the game is far from black and white. Hearing Captain Calamity too, mind boggling how fickle some are
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:46 pm Also give players a bloody chance! Dallas is poor footballer is being banded about a lot! The guy is a Northern Irish international, is he a top quality Championship player? No, but he can put in a shift, he’s also played how many different roles this season, while getting few minutes, the game is far from black and white. Hearing Captain Calamity too, mind boggling how fickle some are
That's me a fickle Leeds fan

If you can't show any criticism towards the manager/players it's pointless posting on this forum.

I'll doth my hat & post elsewhere on football matters leaving you all agreeing with each other

Keep dittoing :sleep: