Wigan Athletic v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Wigan Athletic v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:50 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
9%
2-2 or higher
No votes
Wigan by 1 goal
No votes
Leeds by 1
55%
Wigan by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
No votes
Wigan by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
36%

Total votes: 11

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Wigan Athletic v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by danhirons »

dezzy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 pm Captain chaos?? You realize we went top of the league today? Beating a team unbeaten at home? Why do some people give players such a hard time?

Second best defence in the league too! Cooper and jansson been immense all season. Got no natural Centre backs to replace him with anyway! These two and Phillips really forming a great base at the spine of our team. 100 per cent starter surely.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:24 pm KP had another impressive game - so solid in that holding role. Just snuffs out danger.
So glad someone has mentioned Phillips, hardly put a foot wrong all afternoon

Absolutely outstanding again

Won the MOTM on our coach :-D
hector

Post by hector »

I thought that Cooper did very well today considering that cheating little barsteward gardiner was winding him up most of the match.... the Capt Chaos of last season would have hacked his legs in full view of the cops, sorry ref, and been sent off...
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

danhirons wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:09 pm Second best defence in the league too! Cooper and jansson been immense all season. Got no natural Centre backs to replace him with anyway! These two and Phillips really forming a great base at the spine of our team. 100 per cent starter surely.
Spot on
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Stuart Dallas vs. Wigan:

89 touches (most on pitch)
87% pass accuracy (2nd-highest on pitch)
46/53 successful passes
13/15 successful attacking third passes
6 crosses
4 tackles won (most on pitch)
2 clearances
1 interception

A solid performance, hasn’t had a great start to the season, but a run of games and relatively consistent position on the pitch sees a player put in a decent performance. Can’t be easy chopping and changing position every game, being asked to learn a new role and fill in, didn’t complain, went out and tries, a player every successful side needs, great squad player.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 pm Another good peformance and finally got we we deserved a win and not a draw. Wigan had the joint best home record, so anyone expecting us to walk in and win 5-0 is overoptimistic. Could have been more, but the result was never in doubt once we got ahead.

Pros:
First win after going behind this season
Stronger defending from corners
Slick play and creating good chances
Dominated midfield and kept Wigan quiet
No new injuries for the first time in a long while
Bielsa giving Wigan praise and continuing to show what a gentleman he is
Kalvin for England

Cons:
Another set piece goal and the only chance the opposition have results in a goal, this has got to stop
Another poor ref
Wigan diving and Garner trying to cheat to get Cooper sent off
:lol: :lol: :lol:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Well 3 pts is 3 pts but had it not been for their defensive cockup the return would have been a pt once again for total domination and I'll be very surprised if this lack of converting chances doesn't eventually take its toll and cause us to slip down the league . West Bromwich are there for the taking at the moment so let's hope for another 3 pts next week ... depending on conversions of course.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Have to say I thought that was a terrific performance. Thought we totally dominated and battered them 2-1 if that makes sense. Added to Wigans excellent home record and the pressure on us to win to go back on top, terrific performance. Playing Forshaw instead of Saiz a big call for any coach but it paid off in spades.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Still concerned by our lack of clincality.

For all the good play, desire, creativity etc, but for a total howler from Wigan we only draw.

We got the luck today with that, cant rely on luck though.

To many games we havent had the luck and havent taken our chances, today was very nearly 2 points dropped.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:09 pm Still concerned by our lack of clincality.

For all the good play, desire, creativity etc, but for a total howler from Wigan we only draw.

To many games we havent had the luck and havent taken our chances, today was very nearly 2 points dropped.
Ah Cjay turn the frown upside down. We’re dominating teams, every team we play pack the defence, a bit of patience is all we need and we seemed to do that today, we’re a work in progress and we are top of the league, this team will only improve.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm If BPF had have got to that it would have been save of the season...it curled back a good way and sneaked in the bottom corner...If that's all we we're moaning about and I get it we need to find fault as group about someone then it's not too bad.

the don's teams used to dominate and win by one all too often. MB is clever ...he knows Wigan aren't a threat so keeps their confidence intact so they take points off our rivals ...genius
Disagree.

He set the wall up wrong imo , because of that he had to stand far to far across and was never going to get across in time.

He stood to far one way and then didnt move his feet fast enough.

His positioning is poor and it has been shown before, but he's your boy like Roofey so i understand :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

dezzy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:18 pm Ah Cjay turn the frown upside down. We’re dominating teams, every team we play pack the defence, a bit of patience is all we need and we seemed to do that today, we’re a work in progress and we are top of the league, this team will only improve.
It was a great win :)

But like Bielsa demands we fans should demand perfection :)

WBA are there for the taking 8-)
Signed

King Cjay

paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

C jay in this game you make your own luck so quite often mate.
End of the day Luck can and usually is one type or another. If you get Lucky in 90th mins with an o.g. you take it . You're right to done degree that creating chances must be capatilised on ..and we could to a point be neglecting them.
We are out passing teams and pressing beautifully to a, make opportunities & b.score goals. Ok the goals hadn't been scored ..however we're not getting the Good luck mostly and are slightly guilty for when we are we miss'em. We must improve and when we do well obviously benefit from players like Brown&Bamford and young Clarke. Not to forget about others to get come in.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm So glad someone has mentioned Phillips, hardly put a foot wrong all afternoon

Absolutely outstanding again

Won the MOTM on our coach :-D
Was Sky MOTM as well.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:22 pm It was a great win :)

But like Bielsa demands we fans should demand perfection :)

WBA are there for the taking 8-)
Fair point!! Just don’t forget to enjoy the view when we are top ;-)
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:20 pm Disagree.

He set the wall up wrong imo , because of that he had to stand far to far across and was never going to get across in time.

He stood to far one way and then didnt move his feet fast enough.

His positioning is poor and it has been shown before, but he's your boy like Roofey so i understand :)
The thing with BPF is he will make mistakes, his positioning and commanding of his are is off, but it’s an investment, this kid is learning all the time, getting better, in the hope that he keeps getting better, then we have a top quality player.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:09 pm Still concerned by our lack of clincality.

i agree. we could easily have come away today with a just a point . they had a weakened young side out and im not going to beat around the bush we really should have hammered these c**ts out of site the same with forest etc etc . we got a gift goal early on in the second half then our performance levels seem to drop off instead of driving the final nail in the coffin. could have been embarrassing. i also feel mb should have used a sub or two when the game was crying out for fresh impetus. just makes my piss boil we actually not winning more comfortably that our entertaining football richly deserves. anyways lets hope we smash those baggies next saturday the bastards let me down for 98 smakers :)
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:44 pm Well 3 pts is 3 pts but had it not been for their defensive cockup the return would have been a pt once again for total domination and I'll be very surprised if this lack of converting chances doesn't eventually take its toll and cause us to slip down the league . West Bromwich are there for the taking at the moment so let's hope for another 3 pts next week ... depending on conversions of course.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Teams are packing the box, making it very hard, the fact we are creating so many chances is amazing, finishing them is the hard part, a bit of luck will swing our way, at the moment everything is going against us, injuries, poor refs yet the team is still battling, the spirit in this team was evident with the 8 players tracking back in a pack after a corner. Leadership was lacking last season, no spirit. We have that now, they just keep plugging away, if we hadn’t scored to go two up, I bet they would’ve got a second over the course of the game, tops side do that.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Annoyed me no end how Sky kept making excuses about Wigan's injuries, yet when we're missing key players we're told we have no depth.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

YAWN another boring victory sending us to the top of the league
So BORING why can't we have the good old days of avoiding relegation
Where is the EXCITEMENT of being the best in the league
What we need if a good old MOAN about the manager not picking the team we want
The team is too THIN suspension and injuries will CRIPPLE us.
We are DOOMED Radrizzani and Orta out.
THis team is such a LETDOWN They are not living up to our expectations.
WHere is the Leeds of old that IMPLODE around christmas time.
WHere are the calls for a new MANAGER A more solid DEFENCE
A clinical ATTACK that scores goals at pace. A free flowing PASSING game

THe way we are playing is enogh to BURST a tall man. It has to STOP