Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:34 pm On current form BPF doesn't deserve to be in a international squad
On current form he doesnt deserve to be in a Championship squad.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Newport white wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:25 pm Some people add 2 and 2 together and get 5!!!!! It’s obvious Leeds have asked Northern Ireland not to play him in case he gets injured and they have been good enough to protect him for us
Whoopeee. :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Newport white wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:25 pm Some people add 2 and 2 together and get 5!!!!! It’s obvious Leeds have asked Northern Ireland not to play him in case he gets injured and they have been good enough to protect him for us
Hope so Newport. Our young goalkeeper has been dropped in at the deep end by the powers that be, for whatever reason (penny pinching I would guess) at Leeds United. It's not his fault that he has been thrust into the very public Leeds United eye. I'm sick and tired of the criticism he gets :evil: :x Not his fault that he has had to hold fort all season....he is still only a kid, and yet, people want to stick it to him. Even on this forum :( ....Sad.....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:21 pm On current form he doesnt deserve to be in a Championship squad.
Very harsh Cjay!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:22 pmWhoopeee. :roll:
So who do you expect to be in goal for us if not BPF?
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Is Swannie in charge of the whipround for the "Bailey is hard done by collection fund?"!!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Dalton wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:14 am Is Swannie in charge of the whipround for the "Bailey is hard done by collection fund?"!!
:rol:
Nah. I just think the kid is doing his best Dalton. If his best isn't good enough then it should have been adressed in the summer by the owner/coach and an experienced goalie brought in.....that's all I'm saying :)
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

You are right of course. He did "ok" but mainly got the jersey thanks to inept keeping by his rivals!
and the same this season
I am concerned with his ability BUT I am sure with the coaches he is working very hard this past fortnight in time for Saturday
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 am Very harsh Cjay!
Harsh but true imo.

If BPF had come in straight after Green left would anyone really think he was good enough?

He is very fortunate imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:07 am So who do you expect to be in goal for us if not BPF?
Nobody else.

Not his fault he is number 1.

Doesnt mean he should be on merit though.

We had no choice but to play him last season and havent now either.

He is number 1 purely because of poor recruitment and good fortune (bad luck in Blackmans case).
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:04 pm Nobody else.

Not his fault he is number 1.

Doesnt mean he should be on merit though.

We had no choice but to play him last season and havent now either.

He is number 1 purely because of poor recruitment and good fortune (bad luck in Blackmans case).
Exactly. That's what I've been saying Cjay. It's not his fault he's in the team.....so fans slagging someone off when they have been put into a ridiculous situation not of their own doing is a little unfair in my opinion. Between Radz and Bielsa they got it wrong in not having experience between the sticks. Our young goalie goes out there every week to do his best, and that's all he can do I'm afraid. Hopefully he hasn't picked up on any negativity from the crowd.....it could ruin the young mans confidence. I do think he will make a great keeper one day.....hopefully for us :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

.....but I also feel he's done 'not a bad job' for us under the circumstances
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 pm Exactly. That's what I've been saying Cjay. It's not his fault he's in the team.....so fans slagging someone off when they have been put into a ridiculous situation not of their own doing is a little unfair in my opinion. Between Radz and Bielsa they got it wrong in not having experience between the sticks. Our young goalie goes out there every week to do his best, and that's all he can do I'm afraid. Hopefully he hasn't picked up on any negativity from the crowd.....it could ruin the young mans confidence. I do think he will make a great keeper one day.....hopefully for us :)
Do agree to an extent Swannie, it isnt his fault and me and others should probably be less harsh.

But thats the nature of playing for a club like ours, we have had so much poo for 15 years we are kinda fed up of watching players we think arent good enough. :(

Its a shame that he has been getting tweets to, dont agree with that.

Same as Grot last season who got far worse abuse.

Bielsa takes a lot of blame imo, know we all love him but he was happy with the squad, i do believe that otherwise would he be here? History suggests probably not.

Just hope BPF, Dallas, Cooper etc can find some form and get to January where hopefully (seem to say this every January) we can correct the clear recruitment errors.

BPF though must do better, some of his errors arent down to being young, its just crap keeping.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:15 pm Do agree to an extent Swannie, it isnt his fault and me and others should probably be less harsh.

But thats the nature of playing for a club like ours, we have had so much poo for 15 years we are kinda fed up of watching players we think arent good enough. :(

Its a shame that he has been getting tweets to, dont agree with that.

Same as Grot last season who got far worse abuse.

Bielsa takes a lot of blame imo, know we all love him but he was happy with the squad, i do believe that otherwise would he be here? History suggests probably not.

Just hope BPF, Dallas, Cooper etc can find some form and get to January where hopefully (seem to say this every January) we can correct the clear recruitment errors.

BPF though must do better, some of his errors arent down to being young, its just crap keeping.
A club where fans, most of whom have never kicked a ball competitively, know best and feel they have a right to try and destroy players. Maybe supporters of other clubs do this too, but I only care about Leeds. Last year it was Cooper and Grot, this season it's the two Irish lads. Pay your money through the turnstile and I guess you have maybe earned the right to have a pop if the team or an individual has been poor. But to then take it to social media or forums, where players are being denigrated and, in some instances, threatened is pathetic. This isn't a dig at you, Cjay, or anyone else on here, but why is it that we have to scapegoat players? Can't do anything for their confidence. They're here, and they are giving their all. Surely that's all you can ask for? I try to look for positives in every player we have, although I'll admit that can be a challenge at times! If they're not good enough, then the buck stops with management, they should be the focus of any ire. Supporters support, the clue's in the title.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:07 am A club where fans, most of whom have never kicked a ball competitively, know best and feel they have a right to try and destroy players. Maybe supporters of other clubs do this too, but I only care about Leeds. Last year it was Cooper and Grot, this season it's the two Irish lads. Pay your money through the turnstile and I guess you have maybe earned the right to have a pop if the team or an individual has been poor. But to then take it to social media or forums, where players are being denigrated and, in some instances, threatened is pathetic. This isn't a dig at you, Cjay, or anyone else on here, but why is it that we have to scapegoat players? Can't do anything for their confidence. They're here, and they are giving their all. Surely that's all you can ask for? I try to look for positives in every player we have, although I'll admit that can be a challenge at times! If they're not good enough, then the buck stops with management, they should be the focus of any ire. Supporters support, the clue's in the title.
We need a like button...I could have clicked that and not had to post.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:07 am A club where fans, most of whom have never kicked a ball competitively, know best and feel they have a right to try and destroy players. Maybe supporters of other clubs do this too, but I only care about Leeds. Last year it was Cooper and Grot, this season it's the two Irish lads. Pay your money through the turnstile and I guess you have maybe earned the right to have a pop if the team or an individual has been poor. But to then take it to social media or forums, where players are being denigrated and, in some instances, threatened is pathetic. This isn't a dig at you, Cjay, or anyone else on here, but why is it that we have to scapegoat players? Can't do anything for their confidence. They're here, and they are giving their all. Surely that's all you can ask for? I try to look for positives in every player we have, although I'll admit that can be a challenge at times! If they're not good enough, then the buck stops with management, they should be the focus of any ire. Supporters support, the clue's in the title.
Isnt that what every clubs fans do though and have for decades?

Talk about players and things and argue over selections and stuff.

I do agree that some of our fans take it to far.

Some of the stuff on social media is pathetic and downright nasty.

It does stop with management, they play them after all Bielsa plays them and approved the squad, Radz didnt fund anyone better etc.

Dont think there is any need to get nasty and personal but if a player plays poorly fans should be allowed to be critical shouldn't they?

We want whats best for the club, support the club, if we see a player whose performances are detrimental to the clubs progress then bound to get upset?
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 pm Isnt that what every clubs fans do though and have for decades?

Talk about players and things and argue over selections and stuff.

I do agree that some of our fans take it to far.

Some of the stuff on social media is pathetic and downright nasty.

It does stop with management, they play them after all Bielsa plays them and approved the squad, Radz didnt fund anyone better etc.

Dont think there is any need to get nasty and personal but if a player plays poorly fans should be allowed to be critical shouldn't they?

We want whats best for the club, support the club, if we see a player whose performances are detrimental to the clubs progress then bound to get upset?
Of course it is, and that's the beauty of the game, it's all about opinions. But the digital age has taken it to a whole different level, you have these keyboard managers who take a dislike to a player and abuse them and their families. Horrible s**t

Have no issue with being critical of players, comes with the territory, but the booing at games and scapegoating on forums is ridiculous. And unhelpful. I see it on this forum every season, there's a fall guy or two who can do nothing right. Yes, we all want the club to do well, and we get pissed off when players make costly mistakes, but it happens. And always will. Continuing to denigrate the 'culprit' for weeks afterwards achieves nothing. Look at your boy Alioski, do you think he deserves the grief he gets? Things don't always come off for him, but he never shirks or hides. The same can be said for Dallas and BPF. In an ideal scenario, neither would be starters, but when are things at a football club, and maybe ours in particular, ever ideal. Until better comes along, get behind them, for me it really is that simple. Maybe it's because I don't see promotion as being the be all and end all, and I don't think this squad is actually good enough, but I'm just enjoying being entertained by a Leeds team for the first time since Larry's L1 team
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:34 pm Of course it is, and that's the beauty of the game, it's all about opinions. But the digital age has taken it to a whole different level, you have these keyboard managers who take a dislike to a player and abuse them and their families. Horrible s**t

Have no issue with being critical of players, comes with the territory, but the booing at games and scapegoating on forums is ridiculous. And unhelpful. I see it on this forum every season, there's a fall guy or two who can do nothing right. Yes, we all want the club to do well, and we get pissed off when players make costly mistakes, but it happens. And always will. Continuing to denigrate the 'culprit' for weeks afterwards achieves nothing. Look at your boy Alioski, do you think he deserves the grief he gets? Things don't always come off for him, but he never shirks or hides. The same can be said for Dallas and BPF. In an ideal scenario, neither would be starters, but when are things at a football club, and maybe ours in particular, ever ideal. Until better comes along, get behind them, for me it really is that simple. Maybe it's because I don't see promotion as being the be all and end all, and I don't think this squad is actually good enough, but I'm just enjoying being entertained by a Leeds team for the first time since Larry's L1 team
I agree, I'm not that fussed about promotion, but at the same time you have to aim and hope for it otherwise theres no point.

Fully agree on the squad, its definitely not good enough for promotion anyway, but thats frustrating.

Think a lot of us hoped that Bielsa would signal a change in strategy transfer wise. It didnt and i think thats a real shame.

The digital age has just meant that those rantings that used to happen down pubs and whatever are now public and accessible. If i was a footballer i wouldn't use social media but thats upto them.

Understand what your saying, we always do seem to have scapegoats, but hasnt it always been that way? Remember even during the O'Leary years there were players who were often moaned about, but then again it wasnt quite so digitised then.
Signed

King Cjay

rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I thought the BPF thread would have been busy this morning but obviously people are not as quick to praise as they are to criticise.
As I see it, he’s very young and at times naive but he’s been thrown in and done, on the whole, very well. He will have read that Bielsa was going to drop him prior to his injury but has bounced back. He’s learning all the time and his game imo is improving.
We should all remember that come May. last nights “at the death” penalty save and the extra 2 points could be absolutely crucial.
Had Reading equalised it would have felt like a defeat and who knows how we would have reacted in our next game, as it is the players left the field, and in particular BPF celebrating like we’d been promoted. It will have been a huge confidence boost not just for our underfire keeper but the team as a whole and will give them a big lift to go to The Blades on Saturday and hopefully come away with a result.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am I thought the BPF thread would have been busy this morning but obviously people are not as quick to praise as they are to criticise.
As I see it, he’s very young and at times naive but he’s been thrown in and done, on the whole, very well. He will have read that Bielsa was going to drop him prior to his injury but has bounced back. He’s learning all the time and his game imo is improving.
We should all remember that come May. last nights “at the death” penalty save and the extra 2 points could be absolutely crucial.
Had Reading equalised it would have felt like a defeat and who knows how we would have reacted in our next game, as it is the players left the field, and in particular BPF celebrating like we’d been promoted. It will have been a huge confidence boost not just for our underfire keeper but the team as a whole and will give them a big lift to go to The Blades on Saturday and hopefully come away with a result.
Well said.

Well done Bailey. Hopefully this will get his confidence back up again. He hasn't looked the same since the NI game, when he was publicly blamed for their defeat.