Winter Ailments

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Winter Ailments

Post by becchio bear »

So, how are we all bearing up?

I took myself to the doctors this week, i've had a cough for over a year now :shock:

Last Christmas culminated with me having pneumonia and then bronchitis :evil:

Never got rid of the cough but just soldiered on.

With the onset of the cold weather my cough has worsened and I keep wheezing particularly in the night.

Doc says I have a chest infection so now on antibiotics, could have asthma so got a brown preventer inhaler and a blue inhaler when necessary!! Chuff knows what is going on :duno:

Just thought i'd let you all know :poorly:

Hope all the rest of you are fighting fit :tup:

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: Winter Ailments

Post by Haighy »

Think i started with a chest infection last Friday. Dreadful week this week. Managed to get to work though.
Never coughed or blown my bloody nose as much in all my life.
Headache, sore throat, tiredness.

But i reckon i can drag myself to ER tomorrow. 😔😔
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Get well soon young lady & Haighy

Keep warm & take care
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 pm Get well soon young lady & Haighy

Keep warm & take care
Trying mate, I'm trying.... 😥
hector

Post by hector »

Haighy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 pm Think i started with a chest infection last Friday. Dreadful week this week. Managed to get to work though.
Never coughed or blown my bloody nose as much in all my life.
Headache, sore throat, tiredness.
I had that about 5 weeks ago... lasted about 10 days, then as it almost went,back it came again for another week..

just about cleared up now though
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

hector wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:27 am I had that about 5 weeks ago... lasted about 10 days, then as it almost went,back it came again for another week..

just about cleared up now though
:( :roll: :verysad:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:29 pm So, how are we all bearing up?

I took myself to the doctors this week, i've had a cough for over a year now :shock:

With the onset of the cold weather my cough has worsened and I keep wheezing particularly in the night.

Doc says I have a chest infection so now on antibiotics, could have asthma so got a brown preventer inhaler and a blue inhaler when necessary!! Chuff knows what is going on :duno:

I’m in a similar position BB, I went to the DRs in June with a cough and got sent for a chest X-ray, a week or two later a CT scan and on Wednesday last week I spent a couple of hours in Jimmys having a full pulmonary examination, I have also to attend later for a Mannitol challenge where you breath dry powder into your lungs to get your airways to tighten.
I’ve never smoked and not overweight, reasonably fit and eat a good diet, the DRs are not sure what’s causing it so in the meantime my cough continues.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Get well all of you, I hate feeling unwell, woke up this morning headache, blocked nose, sore throat and eyes full of gunk :poorly:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Apart from constant sinusitis I'm fairly OK. I don't have a cough, just a runny schnozzle, which is made better when I go for a brisk walk.
Snow and ice on the horizon though so out comes the treadmill.
gessa

Post by gessa »

You need to get a heater in thatt shed, the damp air is no good for you. :)

A 12 month cough ain't good, hopefully the inhalers will help with the wheezing.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Looks like there's a few of us under the weather :poorly:

Lol Ges, I have upgraded the shed this year to accommodate a spanking new heating system ;-) :bear:
hector

Post by hector »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 am Looks like there's a few of us under the weather :poorly:

Lol Ges, I have upgraded the shed this year to accommodate a spanking Machine ;-) :bear:
FTFY BB :tup:

:rol: :rol:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 am FTFY BB :tup:

:rol: :rol:
Door creaks open for Hector :P :lol: :bear:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I detest flu/cold/sickness bugs as much as the next man & woman so I do insist on hygiene/diet measures to ward off many of the bugs flying around atm. No doubt one of the little b*ggers will get me at some stage in the winter :(
hector

Post by hector »

mine this year is the first time Mrs H has known me ill, apart from the time I got amoebic dysentry in Egypt
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I'm mildly asthmatic which entitles me to free flu jab which I get every September/ October.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:55 pm I'm mildly asthmatic which entitles me to free flu jab which I get every September/ October.
What's the trigger? I've been ambulanced to hospital with blue flashing lights twice in my life for Asthma, grew out of it for a while thanks to a massive course of steroids as a 12 yr old but it's coming back as I get older..I have to have a flu jab but I always have a reaction which leaves me feeling rough until it's out of my system.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

bb, is the brown inhaler Clenil? The reason I ask is because about 7 years ago I went to my Doctor because I was fed up of having a chest infection after every cold I got. He gave me the brown inhaler Clenil and told me to take it twice a day even when I didn't have a cough. He had both hisn daughters on it and apparently it keeps all the bronchial tubes open so that if younget a cold it won't go into your chest. I haven't had a chest infection now for years. I had a cold a cou9ke of weeks ago, and apart from a little irritating tickly cough for 3 days....nothing! :) It might be worth asking if you can take it daily.....it's certainly worked for me. I also have a friend using it as well.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:52 pm bb, is the brown inhaler Clenil? The reason I ask is because about 7 years ago I went to my Doctor because I was fed up of having a chest infection after every cold I got. He gave me the brown inhaler Clenil and told me to take it twice a day even when I didn't have a cough. He had both hisn daughters on it and apparently it keeps all the bronchial tubes open so that if younget a cold it won't go into your chest. I haven't had a chest infection now for years. I had a cold a cou9ke of weeks ago, and apart from a little irritating tickly cough for 3 days....nothing! :) It might be worth asking if you can take it daily.....it's certainly worked for me. I also have a friend using it as well.
Hi swan. My brown inhaler is a Qvar Easi-Breathe which has Beclometasone Dipropionate in it. I have to take it twice a day. So far I haven't needed to use the blue one so that's good. :bear:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:33 pm What's the trigger? I've been ambulanced to hospital with blue flashing lights twice in my life for Asthma, grew out of it for a while thanks to a massive course of steroids as a 12 yr old but it's coming back as I get older..I have to have a flu jab but I always have a reaction which leaves me feeling rough until it's out of my system.
Nothing triggers it Faaip. I don't even think I have asthma but I went for an NHS health check a few years ago and after blowing into that tube thing a few times she told me I had asthma! So I have the brown inhaler for daily use and the blue one for 'emergencies'
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden