Championship 18/19

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Championship 18/19

Post by BGwhite »

A real chance to go 6 and 8 pts clear of 2nd & 3rd but blew it. We're not prolific scorers so every opportunity to increase the gap must be taken because I don't believe Leeds will make it if it comes down to one-off games against WBA, Blades, Norwich,Derby. These are the games that will mean promotion or not and Leeds just need too many chances to score 1 but by then the opposition will already have 2. If Bamford doesn't come back with plenty of goals this season will end up in the play-offs...not a bad thing but even then it'll be a big ask.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think you just have to look at it that things could have been worse today. WBA would have been the banker home win and Norwich led 3-2 with just a few minutes to go so as damage limitation goes it didn't end up too bad. There is a reason why our record for wins is from a long long time ago and that is because it is hard to put long winning runs together - and even harder in the championship where any team can look awful and then a few weeks later are the league's in form team. We have plucked wins out of thin air of late and a defeat at some point was inevitable.

Today I think, and Marcelo seemed to agree, that our performance was similar to many others we have produced (72% possession and 22 shots for us 9 for Hull) the difference is that they took their chances - 3 shots on target and 2 goals whereas we had 7 and scored 0. If stats were all that mattered then we won that game today and that is why we have won so many games as statistics like that will usually give you the win. It looks a bad performance because we didn't win and because we lacked confidence/composure at times but just as equally we could have scored once and won the game 1-0 like against Bolton (where we only had 12 shots and 70% possession).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

More an opportunity missed for everyone else ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mason Holgate to WBA
Van La Parra to Boro
Kalanic to Villa.

Already all confirmed.

This is the concern imo, other clubs will strengthen.

We cant allow ourselves to be left behind, we need a minimum of 2 and should be well on our way to both rather then dicking about for weeks.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:26 pm Mason Holgate to WBA
Van La Parra to Boro
Kalanic to Villa.
Also Kieran Dowell from the toffees to the blunts
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:26 pm We cant allow ourselves to be left behind, we need a minimum of 2 and should be well on our way to both rather then dicking about for weeks.
Believe me we can mate, seen it all before.

I'll be absolutely staggered if we make a exciting quality signing
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Me too, this is LUFC.

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

According to reports, Tammy Abraham is being sold to Wolves and Harvey Barnes is being recalled by Leicester. Let's hope so, as it would weaken two rivals.

But it also shows what happens when your best players are loans, rather than your own players.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:05 pm According to reports, Tammy Abraham is being sold to Wolves and Harvey Barnes is being recalled by Leicester. Let's hope so, as it would weaken two rivals.

But it also shows what happens when your best players are loans, rather than your own players.

Really hope these happen.
Abraham looks pretty certain to go.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Tammy Abraham rumours getting stronger by the day.

Respected Journalists now saying Chelsea are on the verge of recalling him and a loan move to Wolves is imminent.

Claude Puel has hinted that Harvey Barnes being recalled is very possible similar to he did last January.

Arent we lucky all our loans have been shite so we can keep them :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

A bit embarrassing for Villa tbh. Spent all that money and yet their best players are loanees.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Villa looking at Maupay. Guess he'll replace Abraham if he goes to Wolves.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:32 pm Villa looking at Maupay. Guess he'll replace Abraham if he goes to Wolves.

Top teams will be looking at Maupay BG being the top goalscorer in the championship
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:32 pm Villa looking at Maupay. Guess he'll replace Abraham if he goes to Wolves.

He'd cost about £15m. No ffp for Villa then? :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I know its early days but we seemingly arent in firm negotiations for anyone beyond registering an interest.

Had hoped we'd get our business done early, 1st week of January especially in key areas we have known about for some time, goalie and a Saiz replacement.

We never seem to show the urgency of other teams.

Villa desperately needs goalies and defenders, they have a goalie and 1 defender seeming imminent.

WBA wanted a new defender, they have one.

Boro wanted a winger, they have one.

Preston wanted more options in the final 3rd, they have 3 players in.

Sheffield United the same, 1 player another imminent.

Given the state of our squad its disappointing that we arent showing the urgency we should be.

An injury crisis, no guarantees over the fitness of players meant to be coming back from injury, Bielsa bemoaning the lack of quality in the final 3rd.

If we lose to Derby, WBA beat Norwich and Blades beat QPR then that nice healthy lead we had not long ago will be gone.

Us-51
Blades 50
WBA 49
Norwich 49.

That is a very real possibility this time next week.

Radz and Orta should have been bending over backwards to get the players MB wants and needs as early as we can (we know he wants players early he said that in the summer and didn't get it).

Feeling very uneasy, be so frustrating to see all the hard work reduced to a few points in a matter of weeks.
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

What's equally concerning is that in a few months this glaring chance will have disappeared all together which is a very real possibility as we all know what Leeds are capable of. I fear this will happen if there is no significant investment.

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We shouldn't be worrying about who others have signed. Gary Madine, Kortney Hause, Van La Parra none of those would improve our starting line up.

We need 2/3 players that would walk into our first XI, not signings for the sake of it.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Rowett sacked and Moyes the favourite to take over.

Hate when clubs change manager right before playing us. :roll:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote:Rowett sacked and Moyes the favourite to take over.

Hate when clubs change manager right before playing us. :roll:
You know what...I was thinking the same last week when this news started doing the rounds.
I find this sacking managers thing a complete joke. Stoke were showing signs of challenging for top 6 . I had Leeds down for a draw there next week...might be a big fat zero now.

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

It seems to happen to us a lot. Opposition change manager and said team fight for their lives against us! (or is it just me being Leeds United paranoid)