The 'TALK ABOUT ANYTHING' Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The 'TALK ABOUT ANYTHING' Discussion Thread

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:50 am Blimey Citeh not hanging about

Beat Liverpool to keep the Premiership title wide open

Thrash Rotherham 7-0 in the FA Cup

Blast Burton 9-0 in the League Cup semi-final first leg

Worth paying to watch the best ever Premiership team ever imo no matter who they play

Don't be selecting Man City in my cup shock competition :lol:

Pfffft (copyright), they're just lucky we let QPR knock us out the cup :)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Chase was good today

Three of the contenders though to the final round setting The Chaser Anne Hegarty the highest score ever of 23, she managed 19 so the team of quizzers won £18,000. I reckon only my favourite 'The Vixen' could have achieved that total

Also a young pretty lass Lizzy won £10,000 on Tipping Point
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Via University challenge

Who are the only team to play in all 4 division while playing at 2 different grounds
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 pm Via University challenge

Who are the only team to play in all 4 division while playing at 2 different grounds
Got a couple in mind but I’ll go for Wimbledon ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nope.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brighton
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I would say a club close to home Hull City
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Swansea have also played in all four leagues, played at the Vetch Field & now at the Liberty stadium
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Then there's Coventry City
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This is according to Uni ...and they're pretty sharp. Maybe the question is unclear

1 team
played in Top, 2nd 3rd 4th divisions at one ground
played in Top, 2nd 3rd 4th divisions at another ground

So that's all 4 divisions at two different grounds
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Huddersfield
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 pm Huddersfield
:clap: :clap:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 am Hey Swannie I'm the same. Love these types of shows and can watch them innumerable times. Some times I get into them quite late though, just watched Vera for the first time.

Have you seen Unforgotten? Great show I reckon. I just bought the series 3 on DVD.

I've been reading about a lot of criticism towards the BBC's latest production of the ABC Murders. Did you see it? What did you think of it?
Vera is brilliant Harry. Love her hat. See hector is wearing my Vera hat?
I did watch the recent BBC ABC murders as well, and I have to say that I didn't think much of it really. I'd only watched the original ITV version with David Suchet as Poirot over Christmas, so that was fresh in my mind. The bloke who played Hercule was wooden to say the least, and when you've been brought up on Peter Eustenoff ( who wasn't bad as Poirot) and Suchet whom think is irreplaceable as the little Belgian, then nothing else will do I'm afraid. I didn't think the portraying of the story was as good either. Be interesting to see what you think when you've watched it ( perhaps refresh your memory and try and watch the Suchet one first if you can find it anywhere) :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

PS Unforgotten. Great Drama with a superb cast. Enjoy Harry.... :-D
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Shower every day, unless it's a duvet day, don't have a telly/ husband/ cat. Rarely fart, never in company, and brush teeth morning and night.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 pm Shower every day, unless it's a duvet day, don't have a telly/ husband/ cat. Rarely fart, never in company, and brush teeth morning and night.
I think I'm in love :love:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 pm I think I'm in love :love:
A little bit of bodily hygiene goes a long way.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:52 pm Vera is brilliant Harry. Love her hat. See hector is wearing my Vera hat?
I did watch the recent BBC ABC murders as well, and I have to say that I didn't think much of it really. I'd only watched the original ITV version with David Suchet as Poirot over Christmas, so that was fresh in my mind. The bloke who played Hercule was wooden to say the least, and when you've been brought up on Peter Eustenoff ( who wasn't bad as Poirot) and Suchet whom think is irreplaceable as the little Belgian, then nothing else will do I'm afraid. I didn't think the portraying of the story was as good either. Be interesting to see what you think when you've watched it ( perhaps refresh your memory and try and watch the Suchet one first if you can find it anywhere) :)
John Moffat is/was the finest Poirot, Suchet is ok but a little too fey. Gereldine McEwen the finest Marple but June Whitfield is oh so close
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I do own every Christie book written (excluding the Mary Westmacott stuff of course) Around 98 of them, also have all the radio plays on tape or CD, ditto Francis Durbridge and Dorothy L Sayers ...can't beat a bit of Wimsey

I'd suggest Harry ignores the poor adaptation of the ABC Murders and maybe tries to fin the treat that is 'Agatha Christie and the Truth of Murder' which postulates that Agatha was away investigating a murder when she disappeared in 1926 I think it was was, a nicely dramatized piece
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:58 pm John Moffat is/was the finest Poirot, Suchet is ok but a little too fey. Gereldine McEwen the finest Marple but June Whitfield is oh so close
Each to their own faaip. Suchet for me....
I agree though, Garaldine Mcewan was awesome as Miss Marple....but what about Joan Hickson? I have to say I have never seen June Whitfield portray Miss Marple. Where can I find that to download? Just love anything Agatha Christie...