Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Derby County

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
13%
2-2
25%
3-3 or higher
No votes
Leeds by 1
13%
DC by 1
38%
Leeds by 2
No votes
DC by 2
13%
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes
DC by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 8

Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

Post by Newport white »

Come on now cjay , this Leeds team is the real deal , we don’t need any new signings to disrupt the close knit squad, that was the best Leeds display in years, absolutely awesome display against a major rival
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 pm Well seems I was the only one that believed in us enough to predict the win today according to the above poll.
At least three of us predicted a Leeds win on the Predictions Forum
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

64 Hope you were there tonight
Cause I weren't and I love Super Leeds United.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

3 points
Top of the league
Boiling piss
Signing players from Real Madrid

What a great few days! :tup: :love:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

pembswhite wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:19 pm Is Radz listening to Keith Andrews ? He doesn't think we'll go up automatically unless we add two tree or four players !
LOL Keith, we are top of the league and have been there all season.

What is your advice to other clubs about how many signings they need?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 pm Douglas, Phillips and Dallas as well - won’t even be room for them all on the bench!
Knew id forgotten a couple.
Got some real strength to come back in.
I could argue against bringing in anyone other than a keeper given how well our youngsters have done. As they say. If you're good enough you're old enough
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:12 pm 64 Hope you were there tonight
Cause I weren't and I love Super Leeds United.
I was there Paddy & what a truly pleasurable experience watching a Leeds team performing sensational football as good as that, very proud of every one of those players who graced the pitch tonight :-D
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Thank you so much . I wish I saw it too.
Wow I love Marcello .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think I can think of only one youngster better than Jack Clarke in the last 20 years and that's Fabian Delph. and that's a toss up...I'm shocked at the maturity, the ability but unusually for a kid the finishing. You often see a lack of end product from top prospects but Clarke has the potential to top any youngster in English football.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:20 am I think I can think of only one youngster better than Jack Clarke in the last 20 years and that's Fabian Delph. and that's a toss up...I'm shocked at the maturity, the ability but unusually for a kid the finishing. You often see a lack of end product from top prospects but Clarke has the potential to top any youngster in English football.
I had two friends who support Liverpool text me whilst at the game praising Jack, they can't believe how good he is for one so young
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 pm Ryan Mason and Charlie Nicholas talking sense on the debate :tup: They're saying this will just galvanize us haha.
indeed it will.
most outsiders don't get it . we just love to be hated , well i do :)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 pm Knew id forgotten a couple.
Got some real strength to come back in.
I could argue against bringing in anyone other than a keeper given how well our youngsters have done. As they say. If you're good enough you're old enough
And isn't that amazing? We've had so many injuries to key players that we're forgetting some of them and yet we're still top?

Problem now will be getting them all back in the squad and getting minutes... no one deserves dropping on current form.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Is Ali's best position LWB then?

Only seen the highlights, but he seemed to be involved with everything down the left, including in the box for his assist!

Clarke looked unplayable down the right. Really glad he took his chance with his first league start.

I fully expect BPF to get a ban for that high foot, so this new keeper needs to be ready asap!

It's absolutely brilliant to see that our two subs were academy products and slotted in like they'd been playing in the first team all season. The future's bright...
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Genghers wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:16 am Is Ali's best position LWB then?

Only seen the highlights, but he seemed to be involved with everything down the left, including in the box for his assist!

Clarke looked unplayable down the right. Really glad he took his chance with his first league start.

I fully expect BPF to get a ban for that high foot, so this new keeper needs to be ready asap!

It's absolutely brilliant to see that our two subs were academy products and slotted in like they'd been playing in the first team all season. The future's bright...
Alioski had a great game at left back. He works really hard and tackles well. But I think from the team perspective we are better with Douglas at left back and Alioski at left wing than Alioski at left back and Harrison on the wing. Though having said that, I wouldn't change things even if Douglas is available for the next match. The starting line up deserve the reward of starting again.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

First rule of spiritual power: Never defend yourself, take responsibility.
Bielsa on Spygate
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 pm SKY really annoying me now. Afters banging on about how BPF should have had a red card for his save against Holmes :evil: No comments at all about how WE should have had a penalty in the first 40 seconds against Alioski. Pablo got stood on right in front of the ref... nothing given plus others. Jeez the football league really don't want us to leave :rant: :bear:
Absolutely ludicrous by Sky to make something out of nothing. Yes it looked unpleasant but it is simply a case of a keeper taking a catch and as he is preparing his back foot for landing your front foot needs to go out so you land properly. If he doesn't put his front foot out he is going to land very awkwardly with his weight displaced meaning he'd fall backwards risking banging his head and also dropping the ball as he landed on his back. The slow motion obviously makes it look like BPF is looking at the player before deliberately moving his foot towards him but it is far more likely he is looking and hoping the player moves as he (BPF) needs to move his foot (if the player wasn't there BPF would have still put his front foot forward).

Would make absolutely no sense for BPF to have deliberately attempted to make contact given that he had the ball safely in his hands and was under no pressure.

Did Sky replay the incident where the Leeds player was scythed down by two poor tackles as he broke free (it reminded me of when the Argentinian player broke against Cameroon in the world cup many years ago and was almost chopped in half by 2 tackles). Now the first 'tackle' was disgusting and a clear attempt to stop the player at all costs, the second was just a poor tackle.
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 am Absolutely ludicrous by Sky to make something out of nothing. Yes it looked unpleasant but it is simply a case of a keeper taking a catch and as he is preparing his back foot for landing your front foot needs to go out so you land properly. If he doesn't put his front foot out he is going to land very awkwardly with his weight displaced meaning he'd fall backwards risking banging his head and also dropping the ball as he landed on his back. The slow motion obviously makes it look like BPF is looking at the player before deliberately moving his foot towards him but it is far more likely he is looking and hoping the player moves as he (BPF) needs to move his foot (if the player wasn't there BPF would have still put his front foot forward).

Would make absolutely no sense for BPF to have deliberately attempted to make contact given that he had the ball safely in his hands and was under no pressure.

Did Sky replay the incident where the Leeds player was scythed down by two poor tackles as he broke free (it reminded me of when the Argentinian player broke against Cameroon in the world cup many years ago and was almost chopped in half by 2 tackles). Now the first 'tackle' was disgusting and a clear attempt to stop the player at all costs, the second was just a poor tackle.
Sky didn't mention either of the 2 challenges Holmes made with his foot head high on our players immediately before the BFP incident, neither did they mention the leniency of the referee, Bryson made 3 challenges in the game that were bookable offences but didn't receive one, the assault on Ayling, that was a red card challenge but the player again got off scott free, the referee last night let them get away with trying to rough us up, as they had no answer football wise. I don't fully subscribe to the anti Leeds thing, but sometimes, like last night I get why people do.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Signing players from Real Madrid
The info about the Spaniard was correct then, even though a little vague, the guy who gave it couldn't give a name as he would have been given a right bollocking and any future info would have dried up.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 am Sky didn't mention either of the 2 challenges Holmes made with his foot head high on our players immediately before the BFP incident, neither did they mention the leniency of the referee, Bryson made 3 challenges in the game that were bookable offences but didn't receive one, the assault on Ayling, that was a red card challenge but the player again got off scott free, the referee last night let them get away with trying to rough us up, as they had no answer football wise. I don't fully subscribe to the anti Leeds thing, but sometimes, like last night I get why people do.
After watching it again in slow mo you can see BPF's eyes are 100% on the ball until he has it safely in his hands, only then does he look towards the player needless coming towards him (the Derby player looking to clatter him most likely as he had 0% of winning the ball unless BPF spilt it) and has already got his front foot in motion and as such it is completely impossible for BPF to avoid the collision.