The 'TALK ABOUT ANYTHING' Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The 'TALK ABOUT ANYTHING' Discussion Thread

Post by HarryofOz »

Thanks Swannie and Faaip.

I also have all the Agatha Christie mystery books

I don't recall seeing John Moffat as Poirot. I also liked the way Suchet played the role.

I don't recall seeing June Whitfield as Miss Marple either, also liked the role played by Geraldine McEwan.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
hector

Post by hector »

You know that you are getting on when you can only do a fraction of what you used to in the garden and after sitting down you can't get up...

I have just had to re-arrange my front garden, due to the little biting machine Mrs H calls her pet puppy... I hammered x2 stakes into the ground (all of about 1/2 an inch as the soil has 3 foot of bricks and stones just under the surface....) then put up the 2 runner bars, and just screwed in about 30 small panels, and now I cannot move....

tomorrow I should really put a gate in as well, because the little puppy (bless her) keeps running through the gate sized hole that is still in the fence...

Is there no end to all this torture that I have to endure in the name of peace and harmony at home??
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
hector

Post by hector »

Mrs H has just read that over my shoulder and called me a (and I quote verbatim here)

"You whinging old git"

I ask you??
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 pm Mrs H has just read that over my shoulder and called me a (and I quote verbatim here)

"You whinging old git"

I ask you??
I'm beginning to warm to Mrs H :lol:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 pm Shower every day, unless it's a duvet day, don't have a telly/ husband/ cat. Rarely fart, never in company, and brush teeth morning and night.
We have so much in common. I too don't have a husband or cat.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm We have so much in common. I too don't have a husband or cat.
It's a small world indeed.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 pm Mrs H has just read that over my shoulder and called me a (and I quote verbatim here)

"You whinging old git"

I ask you??
She's not wrong .....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:08 pm You know that you are getting on when you can only do a fraction of what you used to in the garden and after sitting down you can't get up...

I have just had to re-arrange my front garden, due to the little biting machine Mrs H calls her pet puppy... I hammered x2 stakes into the ground (all of about 1/2 an inch as the soil has 3 foot of bricks and stones just under the surface....) then put up the 2 runner bars, and just screwed in about 30 small panels, and now I cannot move....

tomorrow I should really put a gate in as well, because the little puppy (bless her) keeps running through the gate sized hole that is still in the fence...

Is there no end to all this torture that I have to endure in the name of peace and harmony at home??
Age catching you up, becoming intolerant too Hector ;-) :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

Who's bloody intollerant!!!!

;-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Grocery tip

Arrive at Tesco's at 9.30am on a Sunday morning, breeze around the aisles with a good morning greeting to the staff in the main, load up your trolley with all their good deals, fresh fruit & vegetables at bargain prices of late....bags of potatoes, brocoli, cauli's, carrots, parsnips, peppers, apples, pears, banana's, cabbage anything from 29p to a £1, offers on so many other items such as cheese, yogurts, fish, meats & plus more if you are selective. First in the queue loading onto the conveyor belt at 9.50am, a welcome from the assistant (the lovely Anne in our case), tills open at 10am, bagged up in three minutes.
Onto B&M in the same car park to purchase soups, cereals, cat food, toiletries at lower prices. Home by 10.30am.

Makes our weekly grocery shop so much easier :-D
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:15 am Grocery tip

Arrive at Tesco's at 9.30am on a Sunday morning, breeze around the aisles with a good morning greeting to the staff in the main, load up your trolley with all their good deals, fresh fruit & vegetables at bargain prices of late....bags of potatoes, brocoli, cauli's, carrots, parsnips, peppers, apples, pears, banana's, cabbage anything from 29p to a £1, offers on so many other items such as cheese, yogurts, fish, meats & plus more if you are selective. First in the queue loading onto the conveyor belt at 9.50am, a welcome from the assistant (the lovely Anne in our case), tills open at 10am, bagged up in three minutes.
Onto B&M in the same car park to purchase soups, cereals, cat food, toiletries at lower prices. Home by 10.30am.

Makes our weekly grocery shop so much easier :-D
Even better and quicker, use the ‘scan and go” option thereby your bagging up is done as you’re walking round, you simply pay and walk out!
gessa

Post by gessa »

I wouldn't say I dislike pets but the problem being, I'm allergic to most of them, especially cats and most breeds of dog, our kids, like most would love both but we're not going there. After their rabbit died last summer, we have finally agreed on an hamster for the daughter , the son chose 2 mice.I have to say what lovely creatures the mice are, so friendly and inquisitive , I think I like them as much as he does.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Further to your earlier shopping based post 64 I have a 'shopping' whinge :x

Don't know if they have Savers (like a discount Superdrug/Boots really) stores around where you all are, but there are in a lot of places around Cardiff/South Wales. To be fair they are cheap. A tube of the toothpaste my daughter insists on using costs £7 in Boots, but is only £2.99 in Savers :tup:

However, where they do annoy the :poo: out of me is that when you get to the till you always get the would you like some razor blades that are on offer or some Z list celebrity perfume line from the till assistant??? NO I blo*dy wouldn't or I would have put in my basket wouldn't I !! (To be fair they person on the till seems on auto-pilot when they ask, so it's clearly drilled into them to ask, but it really, really pi**es me off).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 pm Further to your earlier shopping based post 64 I have a 'shopping' whinge :x

Don't know if they have Savers (like a discount Superdrug/Boots really) stores around where you all are, but there are in a lot of places around Cardiff/South Wales. To be fair they are cheap. A tube of the toothpaste my daughter insists on using costs £7 in Boots, but is only £2.99 in Savers :tup:

However, where they do annoy the :poo: out of me is that when you get to the till you always get the would you like some razor blades that are on offer or some Z list celebrity perfume line from the till assistant??? NO I blo*dy wouldn't or I would have put in my basket wouldn't I !! (To be fair they person on the till seems on auto-pilot when they ask, so it's clearly drilled into them to ask, but it really, really pi**es me off).
Jill popped into Savers last Sunday, their store & staff service is pretty good up here.

I also detest all that sales stuff but I was guilty of similar sales techniques when I worked in retail for over thirty years
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 pm Further to your earlier shopping based post 64 I have a 'shopping' whinge :x

Happens at WHsmiths as well muppet. I call to get me paper at the railway station, and it's "can I interest you in this....or how about that. NO! Or like your goodself I would have put it on the counter. They are so predictable so now I say "just this please"....but they still flippin ' ask :x
hector

Post by hector »

Would you like fries with that Ducky?? :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:42 pm I wouldn't say I dislike pets but the problem being, I'm allergic to most of them, especially cats and most breeds of dog, our kids, like most would love both but we're not going there. After their rabbit died last summer, we have finally agreed on an hamster for the daughter , the son chose 2 mice.I have to say what lovely creatures the mice are, so friendly and inquisitive , I think I like them as much as he does.
You softie mate ;-)

I didn't know you are allergic to pets, just assumed you didn't like them.

Glad to hear hammy & the mice have settled in their new home
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm You softie mate ;-)

I didn't know you are allergic to pets, just assumed you didn't like them.

Glad to hear hammy & the mice have settled in their new home
Unfortunately yes, mother out law has a West Highland Terrier, lovely dog but 5 minutes in it's company and it half kills me, friends German Shepherd too but some other friends have one of those hybrid things and it's not a problem.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Yesterday Jill & I had lunch in Beverley & then headed to the cinema to watch Stan & Ollie

Another fine mess I got myself into :lol:

No not true, we had a enjoyable time on a wet & windy afternoon

Screenshot 2019-01-17 at 19.37.19.png
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 pm Would you like fries with that Ducky?? :)
You'll get fried if you're not careful :x