Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Kiko Casilla

Post by Cjay »

This deal does seem close.

Former Sky Sports La Liga expert Guillem Balague saying we will basically buy out his contract.

Reports vary over his wage, somewhere between £30-50k a week, either way when you consider Newcastle wanted £4mil for Karl Darlow and Villa paid £7mil for Kalanic before wages then thats pretty good business.

18month contract, £30k a week is only just over £2.3million.

Even at the top end its £3.9 mil.

Less then the transfer fees for both Darlow and Kalinic.

Experienced keeper, not worried that he has been Real Madrids back up.

Real Madrid decided he was good enough for them based on his performances for Espanyol, that shows talent surely?

He has a Spanish international appearance.

Made enough appearances for Madrid to have 3 Champions league medals and a La Liga medal.

Being good enough to sign for Madrid and kick a ball for them is impressive in its own right.

Being signed as one of there options after Legendary keeper Casillas left is another compliment.

In the 14/15 season he completed more successful aerial claims then any other La Liga keeper for Espanyol.

Also that season only 1 keeper made more saves.

Previously linked clubs include Arsenal when he was at Espanyol and only a few months ago Seville
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Kiko Cassila (tbc)

Post by pembswhite »

If he’s that good in the air be handy to have in situ for Stoke !
gessa

Post by gessa »

He was on the bench foe Real tonight, which is surprising if he's supposed to be signing tomorrow
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

pembswhite wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:13 pm If he’s that good in the air be handy to have in situ for Stoke !
Thats what i read in a scout report that was done just after he signed for Madrid, so presumably based on his time at Espanyol.

If he can command his area and doesnt have biscuit wrists then thats good enough for me :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:56 pm He was on the bench foe Real tonight, which is surprising if he's supposed to be signing tomorrow
Thought that but apparently Courtois is only out for another week, will only miss the game on Wednesday that he wouldn't have played in anyway (cup game).

So maybe Madrid feel they can get by without Casilla for 1 game?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kiko Casilla (tbc)

Post by The Subhuman »

Seems to fit the bill, not the tallest keeper in the world but I think height is over rated in a keeper...fingers crossed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/fans/vide ... ko-casilla

WHilst anyone can be made to look good on a youtube clip it does show that he seems to have decent reflexes and also looks comfortable with long shots. Not really much evidence on crosses but Spanish game isn't really about aerial crosses.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Good signing this I think
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Have to say more and more then signing of Casilla sounds like a real coup if it comes off.

You've got someone as respected as Guillem Balague saying "He needs a run of games to shake off any rustiness but excellent modern Gk".

You've got the likes of Liverpool apparently trying to sign him when he was at Espanyol, but Casilla wanted to move back to his boyhood club so went to Madrid.

Arsenal to held an interest in him during that time.

Seville tried to get him just last summer and Newcastle have held an interest to, Rafa is a known admirer he was Madrid manager when Casilla returned to Madrid.

It was also Bielsa lover Poch who first gave Kiko a chance at Espanyol.

And he was good enough for one of the greatest players of all time and one of the most successful managers in the modern era Zinedine Zidane to keep him in his squad, play him when needed, and presumably Kiko didnt make a fool of himself at training everyday with Ronaldo, Kroos, Modric, Zidane himself etc.

So if he didnt look out of place in Real Madrid's training sessions and he had the confidence of some of the best players in the world there then i think we are ok.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Rosa Isern Padilla the partner of Kiko has followed both Leeds United and Mar Garcia on social media, or to give her her proper title Queen Mar Garcia ( Pablos wife).
Signed

King Cjay

Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Read elsewhere that his wife has started following Leeds United and Pablo Hernandez on Instagram this afternoon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Richard wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:51 pm Read elsewhere that his wife has started following Leeds United and Pablo Hernandez on Instagram this afternoon.
Glory hunter!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Well we've got the King, seems the Queen is on the way as well.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Don't know anything about him, apart from what I've read here, but it certainly sounds like a statement of intent.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He’s a very good instinctive shot-stopper,” Balagué said.

“He was quick on his reactions. He saved a lot of points, became one of the stars at Espanyol. He’s perhaps the first generation of Spanish goalkeepers who are complete players. In my mind he was one of the early ones who seemed comfortable playing with the ball, especially with his right foot.

He was strong enough in aerial balls, but I feel every keeper that goes to England has to deal with this. What would be a foul anywhere else in the world won’t be given in England.

“You’ll see him in the line-up soon. He’s intelligent, he knows what the team requires. He made it to the national side, I’d say he’s one of the top five Spanish keepers. If he hadn’t taken the comfort route of Real Madrid he would be playing for a top-five Spanish side.”

Guillem Balague on Kiko Casilla.

Also Guillem is a Espanyol fan so he is speaking as a fan who watched Casilla for his club.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Top 5 Spanish keepers doesnt sound much, but Spain arent England.

De Gea.
Reina
Casillas
Kepa Arrizabalaga Chelsea keeper.
Diego Lopez
Sergio Asenjo
Antonio Adan
Sergio Rico who was Seville 1st choice last few seasons now at Fulham.

To be top 5 basically means aside from the 4 World class goalies Casilla is the best.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Won't comment on whether I rate him or not until I see a Youtube video showing his best bits.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm Won't comment on whether I rate him or not until I see a Youtube video showing his best bits.

Not many clips of him actually catching the ball :roll:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Landing at T3 Manchester Airport, any time now, should be done tomorrow.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Not many clips of him actually catching the ball :roll:
He hasn't kicked anyone in the head either. :roll:
Attachments
its-a-no-from-me.jpg
its-a-no-from-me.jpg (141.14 KiB) Viewed 8720 times