Ref Watch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Ref Watch

Post by whiteswan »

Watched Dermott Gallgher on Ref Watch this morning. According to Dermott....
ALIOSKI - The Ref was correct to give a penalty. In his words "I don't like to criticise linesmen because they have such a difficult job. Linesman got it wrong he was clearly onside, but at this level he shouldn't be making an error of that magnitude"
PABLO - "Definate foul ( penalty) but when you look at where the ref was standing from this camera angle, his vision is blocked by the Derby player and he just thinks that the Derby players' foot hits the grass"
BPF - For his raised foot in the face of the Derby player. " A penalty and a red card. The referee's vision is masked by the Derby forward, but BPF quite clearly turns his boot" (actually he did after I watched it 3 times this morning with Mr Swan)
JANSSON - Zilch! Zero! Nowt mentioned or shown. I can only assume that because the ref saw the 'incidents', I'll call them GBH, it wasn't deemed controversial enough for debate. Pity as it was appalling refereeing of the first order :x
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ref Watch

Post by SG90 »

I loved how the presenter said "now for something rare a penalty for the home side at Elland Road." :-D I wonder if he is a Leeds fan or he just reads all our tweets. :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 pm I loved how the presenter said "now for something rare a penalty for the home side at Elland Road." :-D I wonder if he is a Leeds fan or he just reads all our tweets. :lol:
I actually missed that SG because I was fast forwarding looking for Leeds :shock: so I've just watched that bit again and it's my fave Sky presenter Rob Wotton. Brilliant that he said what we all know :) but, I've just googled him and he's a Chelski fan :(
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

You could bet your bottom dollar if I't been Man u at Old Trafford ...penalties for sure!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I have witnessed some appalling referees particularly at ER this season

One can't help thinking that the refs are under certain instructions from Mr Harvey :chair:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 pm Watched Dermott Gallgher on Ref Watch this morning. According to Dermott....
ALIOSKI - The Ref was correct to give a penalty. In his words "I don't like to criticise linesmen because they have such a difficult job. Linesman got it wrong he was clearly onside, but at this level he shouldn't be making an error of that magnitude"
PABLO - "Definate foul ( penalty) but when you look at where the ref was standing from this camera angle, his vision is blocked by the Derby player and he just thinks that the Derby players' foot hits the grass"
BPF - For his raised foot in the face of the Derby player. " A penalty and a red card. The referee's vision is masked by the Derby forward, but BPF quite clearly turns his boot" (actually he did after I watched it 3 times this morning with Mr Swan)
JANSSON - Zilch! Zero! Nowt mentioned or shown. I can only assume that because the ref saw the 'incidents', I'll call them GBH, it wasn't deemed controversial enough for debate. Pity as it was appalling refereeing of the first order :x
Thanks for that update Swannie
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just watched Ref Watch and they showed Jansson's second yellow. Rob Wotton asked Dermot Gallagher why did he get a yellow card for basically falling over. Apparently it was given for hand ball! When he was flat on the ground! Wrong decision says Dermott.....ridiculous decision says Danny Mills. :x
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Will it get overturned - will it f*ck.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:38 pm Just watched Ref Watch and they showed Jansson's second yellow. Rob Wotton asked Dermot Gallagher why did he get a yellow card for basically falling over. Apparently it was given for hand ball! When he was flat on the ground! Wrong decision says Dermott.....ridiculous decision says Danny Mills. :x
Didn't look a foul from where I was standing, row 11 behind the goal at the other end.

So how can a referee make such a wrong decision ?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

It was outside the box 64
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

These rediculous decisions could potentially rob Leeds of promotion which I'm sure the FA & FL would be very pleased about.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Thought it a poor decision if it was for trying to impede Afobe. Handball makes it even more of a joke. The wall being pushed back 15 yards during the first half was a what the fcuk moment after Jannsons' booking.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:07 pm These rediculous decisions could potentially rob Leeds of promotion which I'm sure the FA & FL would be very pleased about.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Why do you think we get shocking decision week after week against us? It's not a coincidence.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:10 pm It was outside the box 64
Sorry Swannie I've confused myself, I was referring to the Pontus incident
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:24 pm Sorry Swannie I've confused myself, I was referring to the Pontus incident
Watching Leeds United is confusing to say the least 64 :lol:
This was the Pontus second yellow....when he was given the red card for nothing..... :(