Bamford taking us up !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Bamford taking us up !

Post by 1964white »

✅ 9 Games
⏱️ 280 Minutes
⚽️ 3 Goals
🎯 1 Assist
📈 70 Mins Per Goal/Assist

Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 09.35.09.png
Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 09.35.09.png (279.89 KiB) Viewed 3251 times
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Bamford taking us up !

Post by paddy parrott »

Be terrific if he can get a good run out from now and bag double figures.
Great to have him in the side again '64.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There's those damn stats again ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

a snip at 7 million quid!
He had better stay fit. I believe if he does though we should do some damage as Roofe and Hernandez have dried up goal wise
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shame Bamford has been injured for much of the season as he probably would be our most clinical finisher in the squad

Came on at Bolton, had one opportunity & whipped his shot in immediately in without taking one touch too many as so many of our attacking players are guilty of :(

I believe PB only had two chances v Norwich, one a strike that Krul tipped on the bar & then his glancing header for his goal. Bamford will give us another option in the air at set-pieces
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Our season hinges on Bamford being fit imo.

If he stays fit then we can win the league.

If not i fear we will slowly drop down the table as defending against us is becoming to easy.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's not the messiah he's just a very naughty boy
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:06 pm Our season hinges on Bamford being fit imo.

If he stays fit then we can win the league.

If not i fear we will slowly drop down the table as defending against us is becoming to easy.
Anything could happen CJay, we all know what Leeds are like !

We need all our injured players back. Berardi & Dallas are squad options, Brown needs to make an impact, essential Bamford stays fit same can be said for Hernandez too.
We can't go on with the likes of Forshaw & Harrison continually selected from the off & also relying on the kids. It's important from here on our quality/experienced players play in the majority of our remaining games.
All this fitting square pegs in round holes stuff with the unavailability of certain players has upset the apple cart, you can get by for one or two games but the lack of quality options will catch you up eventually
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

My concern is that MB is asking PB to get his fitness playing for the first team as opposed to the 23's for a few games. It seems a little bit desperate especially given that Brown is playing (I think) 90 mins for the 23's and maybe still a few games away from the first team based on MB's theory of 6-8 matches before he's considered. Surely if Brown is this fit he can manage 10-20 mins in the senior team. Just hope this time PB can stay fit because he just has this knack of popping goals in .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:34 pm Shame Bamford has been injured for much of the season as he probably would be our most clinical finisher in the squad

Came on at Bolton, had one opportunity & whipped his shot in immediately in without taking one touch too many as so many of our attacking players are guilty of :(

I believe PB only had two chances v Norwich, one a strike that Krul tipped on the bar & then his glancing header for his goal. Bamford will give us another option in the air at set-pieces
Well said mate, there is no room for sentiment in football ;-)

Real shame that Bamford has been injured, we might have been home and hosed by now 8-)

It could be even juicier if we get Brown in and buzzing, as he is a real threat and a creator of chances too. Roberts also looks a handful.

BTW that Krul wants nutted very badly, I hate his guts already :rant:
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

He's a crock... there's no way he'll be fit enough to see us to promotion...
Hope I'm wrong of course.. 🤔😉😁
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Checked Bamford Championship record to see if his record for us this season was an anomaly.

It isnt.

He averages 2.9 shots per goal in the league.

That right there is the difference, that is a phenomenal record.

Better then Gayle, far better then Pukki and Leon Clarke.

Its similar to Sharp and Rhodes although been a while since Rhodes was that accurate, hes a 4 shots per goal man atm.

Whether its better shooting accuracy or shot selection, if you have a striker able to score with every 2.9 shots then you have a great chance.

Imagine where Blades would be if they had to rely on 5.5 shot Leon Clarke rather then 3shots per goal Sharp, it makes a difference.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Patrick Bamford: Leeds players returning from injury will boost promotion bid

"There are a lot of boys to come back and that can lift people," he said.

"I saw the fans made a bit of a fuss that nobody was really brought in in January, but we've got players like me and Izzy (Brown) who have missed a lot of the season coming back in.

"I think that, having missed a big chunk of the season, I should be fresh when a lot of other players are feeling it in their legs.

"It's a boost for the team morale to see players coming back, especially after losing at the weekend.

"The boys have done so well given there's been a lot of first-team players missing and it'll fill them with confidence seeing lads getting back fit."

"I think I owe the Leeds fans three goals," he said.

"From what I've heard they're playing quite defensively this season whereas our style is very attacking. They play more direct and we're more of a possession-based team.

"It'll be a good game for the fans to watch and hopefully they won't be able to cancel us out. It might come down to a moment of magic."

"I landed on the floor in a kneeling position but it was just the impact. The injury I did is actually more common for people in a car crash or in rugby - you never hear of it in football," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

"You take things for granted, it's difficult to sit down on the toilet with a leg brace on and I had to shower with it on. I had to learn to walk again once I had it taken off.

"I had a couple of bad days during the rehab where I was just like 'I don't want to do anything'."

He added: "When I did it the first time I tested it out and it wasn't painful. When I did it the second time it was the worst pain I've ever had. I was on the floor and couldn't move."