Playlist over the last week.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Playlist for Yesterday/Today

Post by Irish Ian »

Been playing / watching one of Bruces' (from a fans pov) best gigs..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9FWojTved4k

Leeds 2013.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 pm Black Sabbath - The End (Birmingham 04/02/17)

Whilst Sabbath are one of my favourite ever bands (first 5 albums - and to be fair Heaven and Hell and to a slightly lesser extent Mob Rules with Dio) the only time I actually saw them live with Ozzy was the final date of the 'The End' tour on 04/02/17 at Birmingham when this live album was recorded.
I was there that night with my lad.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:22 pm I was there that night with my lad.
:tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:29 pm :tup:
Remember the support, Rival Sons. We're seeing them on Feb 5th. Boy and Dad night.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:35 pm Remember the support, Rival Sons. We're seeing them on Feb 5th. Boy and Dad night.
They did a really short set though didn't they and I didn't think they came across that well - perhaps trying too hard, given the occasion.

I saw them a few years before at Cardiff Uni (last minute tickets on the day event) probably 2014 (ish) so after the Pressure and Time and Head Down albums (and before they dumped the bald bass player) and they were really good. Jay Buchanan is a great front man and hits the whole range of notes.

Enjoy on 5th Feb.

Regretably my 15yr old daughter has no musical taste (IMO) whatsoever and even if she did I doubt she'd been seen dead with me at a concert (although we did see Bon Jovi together in Orlando, on a Florida trip a few years ago)
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:49 pm They did a really short set though didn't they and I didn't think they came across that well - perhaps trying too hard, given the occasion.

I saw them a few years before at Cardiff Uni (last minute tickets on the day event) probably 2014 (ish) so after the Pressure and Time and Head Down albums (and before they dumped the bald bass player) and they were really good. Jay Buchanan is a great front man and hits the whole range of notes.

Enjoy on 5th Feb.

Regretably my 15yr old daughter has no musical taste (IMO) whatsoever and even if she did I doubt she'd been seen dead with me at a concert (although we did see Bon Jovi together in Orlando, on a Florida trip a few years ago)
A fella i was talking to on the way out said he had seen them twice before and they were much better but tbf we both still thought they were pretty decent. I think they'll be much better in a smaller venue. I really don't like the 10- 12,000 stadiums, much prefer a 1500- 2000 capacity where the atmosphere is real.
hector

Post by hector »

Just got Steve Hackets new one "at the edge of light"
will be on in the car today whilst at work..

got a chance to buy tickets to see him in November at Salisbury, Selling England by the pound revisited... Trouble is,, £45.50 per ticket.. :shock:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Tonight a bit of Alexisonfire and the splendid 'Death Letter' EP
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Playlist over the last week......

Post by 1964white »

The Fall 'Slates'

A early EP from the late Mark E. Smith' band. You either love or hate The Fall, a real marmite band

Neil Young 'Chrome Dreams' (bootleg)

This is a 1977 unreleased album. Writing in The Guardian, Alexis Petridis wrote that the album "could have been Young's strongest album of the 70s". Chrome Dreams features a large amount of still-unreleased material.

Fleet Foxes 'Crack-Up'

The Foxes 3rd album that doesn't reach the heights of their self-titled debut or Helplessness Blues albums imo!

Elbow 'Leaders Of The Free World'

I love this band's 3rd album, enjoy three of their other albums on my shelf, need to listen to Elbow's recent albums especially as they are going cheap on Amazon. Glad to see their songs are doing well in our Mega-Song polls :-D

Elton John 'Don't Shoot The Piano Player

I enjoy Elton's works up to the mid-70's, still have a few more to acquire to complete his early back catalogue
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Whilst unpacking all my cr@p i hooked up the CD player and went through the first 3 LP's of House of Love
Good stuff on there like Christine, Shine on and Feel etc
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Echocentrics - Echo Hotel.....got there via Russian Doll.

Wonderful album but not sure who I'd pitch it to...Wanna say Ges and maybe Nick..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:55 pm Echocentrics - Echo Hotel.....got there via Russian Doll.

Wonderful album but not sure who I'd pitch it to...Wanna say Ges and maybe Nick..
Interesting, faaip, listened the first half of the album and I like it. The band are completely new to me and might take a couple of listens, but I like what I'm hearing so far. The hammond high in the mix is a big plus, got a Doors feel musically though lyrically it's very different. Good shout :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hector

Post by hector »

Been watching The Song Remains the Same again today..... never get sick of it....

Must be the best version of No Quarter they ever did.......
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Undoubtedly, that version is immense and will always be my favorite LZ piece ..but it has to be the SRTS version
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm Undoubtedly, that version is immense and will always be my favorite LZ piece ..but it has to be the SRTS version
I agree, must have heard 100's of versions,but that is the one... :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love this version from the greatest rock band of all time.

Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Picked up a vinyl copy of Elton John's '17-11-70' (recorded live in New York) album today.

I'm sure someone (John ?) on one of the music threads here recommended it as one Elton's best.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:37 pm Picked up a vinyl copy of Elton John's '17-11-70' (recorded live in New York) album today.

I'm sure someone (John ?) on one of the music threads here recommended it as one Elton's best.
Yes it was John who recommended '17-11-70', now on my list to buy

How much did you pay for that album if you don't mind me asking Cat ?
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 pm Love this version from the greatest rock band of all time.

doesn't play so I don't know who or what track :(
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:42 pm Yes it was John who recommended '17-11-70', now on my list to buy

How much did you pay for that album if you don't mind me asking Cat ?
I actually went in to see if they (Terry's Music, Pontypridd) had a copy of the new Specials album, Encore which was released a couple of days a go. Especially as it's their first 'new' album for over 35yrs. Their first album remains firmly in my Top 10 albums of all time. Anyway, as he's closing the shop at the end of March (another small independent record shop closing :cry:) he hasn't ordered any new stuff in since the New Year, so didn't have it.

The consequence being that I started thumbing through all the LPs he still had in stock and ended up getting 17-11-70, as well as Elton's self titled first album (a replacement for my existing copy which is knackered) and Fleet Foxes x2 album Crack-Up.

The 2 Elton albums were priced up at £20.99 and the FF at £23.99, but as he's closing it's 25% off everything so he charged me £49 for the three. So to answer your question (eventually) 17-11-70 cost me £15.75

You can probably get 17-11-70 cheaper on Amazon etc....but I do like to support a 'proper' record shop :moggy: