Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Millwall

Poll ended at Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:15 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
58%
2-1
17%
3-1
25%
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
No votes
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 12

paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread

Post by paddy parrott »

Now that's just plain Rude. Poor Terriers!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BPF - 6, Did alright
Ayling - 8 - Excellent going forward, exposed in defence
Cooper - 6 - Had he stayed on his feet the Millwall player would have gotten a shot away..
PJ - 4 - God knows what he was thinking today, kept falling over then a deliberate elbow to the face. Think the heads a brick thing should be put to bed
Alioski - 5 - Not his best game, very poor defensively but we knew that already. I'd imagine he picked up a knock

Phillips - 5 - Was better when shifted into defence but again off colour for me and lacked the pace to stay with Millwall
Hernandez - 10 - Sublime, game changer, keeping his head while those around him flap
Harrison - 7 - some lovely whipped in crosses, error for their first and still trying to be too cute
Klich - 7 - Did the donkey work, lovely set up for the Ayling pull back
Roberts - 8 - Kept going all game, got the assist for the winner and apart from a couple of over hit passes had a good all round game

Bamford - 4 - Never really in the game ..worlds worst pen and lacked the pace to get into good positions. It's a definite weakness

Forshaw - 7 - Took over from Klich well, one well struck shot that could have gone anywhere after the keeper struggled to save it
Douglas - 7 - Getting back to speed
Clarke - 5 ..Saw him get tackled with ease once and that was it. My guess there's a confidence problem and right now Shack is just much better
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Untitled-2.jpg
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Shef Utd go to Preston next week, tough game for them, Preston making a run for the play offs, we play Birmingham, tough game also but their season is pretty much finished, let the momentum swing our way for once
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Well today showed the full range of emotions in just one game. Twice behind, once looking like being 4 points behind and now back in the top 2. We always know Millwall will never be easy as it's their cup final, but I think we did enough to deserve the win. I said the blunts luck would run out soon and it did. Hopefully Boro can win now.

Bye bye Hudds :lol: :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

:lol: Intense!!

I missed being on here today as I was attending an event. It had no wifi and my 4G was pants.

I checked score after 10 mins and as per usual we were a goal down. Then my network failed and it wasnt until about an hour later I saw that we had conceded a penalty....

I left at around 4.35.

By the time I got into the car and turned the radio on it was 2-2 at EL and the Blades were ahead.
By the time I got to the security barrier all had changed and we were heading towards being 2 points clear.

I did get a lot of funny looks from people who wondered why I was making so much happy noise inside my motor :lol:

Now I read Bamford missed a pen.

You guys must have aged about 5 years during todays game.

What was the crowd reaction during the game? Did the fans stick with it or did they start getting edgy?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I love this club.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I said after the Sheff Utd game there would be more twists and turns and so it proved today.
Once again it's back in our hands but at some point before the end of the season it may not be again.
I'm not sure my heart can take another afternoon like today.
MOT
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

BPF - 7 Excellent save early on . No chance with the penalty or the goal
Ayling - 6 exposed in defence but what a header
Cooper - 8 made up for his error against the Blunts with an assured performance. No price for the penalty covering Pontus and Ayling
PJ - 3. Bielsa did him a favour by taking him off before he got sent off. Massive sulk after the game no tubthumping today. Very petulant.
Alioski - 4 - Exposed for the First goal .Dont think he won a tackle all day and crossing was woeful. Deserved the hook this week.

Phillips - 8- The Yorkshire Pirlo. He is growing on me and deserves his place in the team of the year
Hernandez - 10 - Sublime, stupendous, can’t think of any more
Harrison - 7 - Good trickery and better crosses
Klich - 7 - Did the donkey work, always good on the ball
Roberts - 8 - Looking the part getting stronger every match.
Bamford - 5- Never really in the game Service never matched his runs . Worst penalty ever seen at Elland Road. Still gave their centre backs some work to do.
Forshaw - 7 - one well struck shot . Neat passing
Douglas - 7 - Best crosser of a ball in the team . Some dodgy moments at the back and looks like a knee injury
Clarke - 5 .. nothing of note this time but he is a danger when he is on form
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gutting if Clarke has lost his confidence. He would be a massive asset for the final 7 games.

Also what's going on with Brown? Not in u23s yesterday or the squad today... :duno:
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

Jesus Christ I’m on tablets to control my blood pressure - they were pushed to the bloody limit this afternoon! Come on Boro - give us a perfect Saturday!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Looks like those misses against Reading affected Bamford more then we thought it might. We really need to get him firing again.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Just saw the highlights .. Wow was that result massive or what? .
Elland road rocking once more way hey.. !
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 pm Looks like those misses against Reading affected Bamford more then we thought it might. We really need to get him firing again.
Roofe coming back at the right time, Bamford will be more effective in the final 20/30 minutes off the bench Robert’s getting better game by game and in my opinion will be influential in the run in
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

LUFC 1966 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:54 pm BPF - 7 Excellent save early on . No chance with the penalty or the goal
Ayling - 6 exposed in defence but what a header
Cooper - 8 made up for his error against the Blunts with an assured performance. No price for the penalty covering Pontus and Ayling
PJ - 3. Bielsa did him a favour by taking him off before he got sent off. Massive sulk after the game no tubthumping today. Very petulant.
Alioski - 4 - Exposed for the First goal .Dont think he won a tackle all day and crossing was woeful. Deserved the hook this week.

Phillips - 8- The Yorkshire Pirlo. He is growing on me and deserves his place in the team of the year
Hernandez - 10 - Sublime, stupendous, can’t think of any more
Harrison - 7 - Good trickery and better crosses
Klich - 7 - Did the donkey work, always good on the ball
Roberts - 8 - Looking the part getting stronger every match.
Bamford - 5- Never really in the game Service never matched his runs . Worst penalty ever seen at Elland Road. Still gave their centre backs some work to do.
Forshaw - 7 - one well struck shot . Neat passing
Douglas - 7 - Best crosser of a ball in the team . Some dodgy moments at the back and looks like a knee injury
Clarke - 5 .. nothing of note this time but he is a danger when he is on form
This just shows how two people watching the same game can see things differently.
You gave Phillips an 8 and Faaip gave him a 5.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

norwich 1 up.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree with everyone who said "a win's a win" and that's all that counts.
Every team in auto-promotion or playoff contention is going to have the same nerves and potential inconsistency.

I read this somewhat after the game finished but thanks everybody for the stirring read! :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

One of the worst performances of the season but somehow we won the game

My nerves are shattered, just so relieved to get the three points
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thank god for Pablo, he's everywhere

Highlights