Lose at Preston....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Lose at Preston....

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote: Really you can't see us beating Ipswich?
Even Ipswich have started to pick up slightly and that match will mean nothing to them except pride and who better to beat before they go down ?...you can guess the rest.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:52 am What do you class as dodgy? Only Villa are likely to be top 6 out of our final 6 games and we have the best record against the top 6.
Preston - midtable, better away than home
Sheff Wed - mid table, unbeaten run over now
Wigan - dreadful away record
Brentford - midtable, score goals but certainly not unwinnable, poor defence
Villa - Jekyll and Hyde team. Their winning run will be over by then anyway. Entirely reliant on Grealish, keep him quiet we'd win comfortably.
Ipswich - long relegated by then. A very poor team in general, shouldn't cause us any major problems.
preston , brentford and villa...
sheff wed at home won't be a walk in the park neither especially the way we've been defending.
play like we did yesterday and we'll even struggle to beat ipswich.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:20 pm Pablo can be world class, but then can have some poor games too. I remember people said we wouldn't be able to cope without Roofe. It's time Brown played. We're paying him for some reason.

For all our inconsistency, it doesn't say much about the blunts if they're only a point ahead. They should be 10 points clear the way some on here go on about them.
Maybe but I didn't say that.....how far have been ahead of SU this season?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ipswich game may not mean anything and if we're confirmed play offs then we maybe should rest players before the big games
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:24 pm It's because Norwich have won 8 in a row that the table looks so lopsided. Like I said, I can't see them winning a further 6 in a row so expect the points to lower a bit.

I think everyone will know yesterday was unacceptable. It's good we have a game coming up so soon, as it gives them a chance to put it right instantly. The last time that occurred was West Brom.

At the end of the day, if we win on Tuesday and blunts don't, no one will care about Saturday's result.
I will because twice we could have put daylight between the Blunts & us
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:31 pm Even Ipswich have started to pick up slightly and that match will mean nothing to them except pride and who better to beat before they go down ?...you can guess the rest.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
The likes of Sutton United, Rochdale & Newport could beat us again if we turned up with yesterday's complacent attitude :x
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:14 pm preston , brentford and villa...
sheff wed at home won't be a walk in the park neither especially the way we've been defending.
play like we did yesterday and we'll even struggle to beat ipswich.
Indeed :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:20 pm It's time Brown played. We're paying him for some reason.
Have you actually seen Brown play SG?

My pals who go to every Leeds game & also watch the U23's tell me Brown looks slow, sluggish & lazy, as some them said to me yesterday with those credentials he'd fit into our current set-up :roll:

Young Shackleton is the one who needs to start, his enthusiasm, energy & pace would give us something different, I'm not saying young Jamie is the complete solution to our problems but at least he may spur on his teammates.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

We have the potential to win all of our last 6 games, we could also lose them, same with Shef Utd, they are far from infallible. High level sport is all about small margins, if things don’t fall your way you tend to force things and that’s when they don’t come off. Every single match will come with more pressure as the finish line comes closer, these players have gotten us to where we are and I would pick this group over Shef Utd every day of the week, as I’m sure most would. Stand up and fight until you hear the bell, a song sang at Munster games, our backs are against the wall, this is what sport is about, let’s come out swinging!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Ok here's my twopenneth, yes we are still hurting big time from yesterdays poor performance, it maybe a blessing in disguise....how many of you think we will cut it in the prem? I'll be honest this team has played above my expectations for 70% of the season, they are now being found out, we need an injection in Jan, that never came, so do you really think we will get the players we need if we go up...reality check?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:55 pm Have you actually seen Brown play SG?

My pals who go to every Leeds game & also watch the U23's tell me Brown looks slow, sluggish & lazy, as some them said to me yesterday with those credentials he'd fit into our current set-up :roll:

Young Shackleton is the one who needs to start, his enthusiasm, energy & pace would give us something different, I'm not saying young Jamie is the complete solution to our problems but at least he may spur on his teammates.
U23s are hardly full on intensity though. Why not give him a chance? We've spent £250k on him. I agree with Shack, but Bielsa doesn't rate him for whatever reason. Let's be honest, it's more likely to be Dallas or Forshaw if Pablo is out..sigh. :roll:
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Whatever happens it’s been the best season in years, nobody has the right to go up you have to earn it, 6 games to go and there are plenty of twists and turns to come ( WBA included) I recon everyone on here would have been delighted to be where we are with 6 games left, and if we don’t go up automatically we get a second chance in the playoffs ( nobody will want to play us ) and if the worse happens we will all be here next season because we are the best supporters in the world
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Newport white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:55 pm Whatever happens it’s been the best season in years, nobody has the right to go up you have to earn it, 6 games to go and there are plenty of twists and turns to come ( WBA included) I recon everyone on here would have been delighted to be where we are with 6 games left, and if we don’t go up automatically we get a second chance in the playoffs ( nobody will want to play us ) and if the worse happens we will all be here next season because we are the best supporters in the world
I predicted us to finish 3rd at the beginning of the season :P

Our fans will soon drop away if everything goes tits up !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:32 pm U23s are hardly full on intensity though. Why not give him a chance? We've spent £250k on him. I agree with Shack, but Bielsa doesn't rate him for whatever reason. Let's be honest, it's more likely to be Dallas or Forshaw if Pablo is out..sigh. :roll
Brown obviously isn't outstanding in the U23's or else he'd have been on the bench yesterday

Agree Bielsa will go with experience, not necessarily the right option though
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:40 pmOur fans will soon drop away if everything goes tits up !
Disagree. We were still getting sellouts last season under Heckaday when we were playing the worst football imaginable..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:55 pm Have you actually seen Brown play SG?

Brown has been ok in the U23's, gets goals so that grabs the eye. I'm not sure he should be in our match day squad though. Bogusz I'd have on the bench over Brown .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But it's a bit late in the day to be bringing in new faces, other than Shack maybe. That could backfire badly. Right now we're the team on pointless who take the safe answer knowing they're risking someone knowing a better one. We playing safe and hoping form deserts our rivals...
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Earlier in the season if we went a goal down it spurred us on to fight, I can think of 5 games QPR h, Wigan a, Villa a, Blackburn h, Rotherham a where we conceded first but we had it in us to come back and win the game. Now if we go one down then we appear to not know how to get back in it, yes we generally have 60-70% possession but maybe only 1-2 attempts on target. N my opinion it’s down to the players to prove they want it, they’ve proved they have got it in them and they need to sort it out for the final push. We have without doubt the hardest run in but they must focus on the prize. Let’s see how we react on Tuesday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:26 pm Earlier in the season if we went a goal down it spurred us on to fight, I can think of 5 games QPR h, Wigan a, Villa a, Blackburn h, Rotherham a where we conceded first but we had it in us to come back and win the game. Now if we go one down then we appear to not know how to get back in it, yes we generally have 60-70% possession but maybe only 1-2 attempts on target. N my opinion it’s down to the players to prove they want it, they’ve proved they have got it in them and they need to sort it out for the final push. We have without doubt the hardest run in but they must focus on the prize. Let’s see how we react on Tuesday.
Preston is a lucky ground for us Rich & I'm expecting a Leeds victory

Lose this one & it's curtains imo!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:47 pm Preston is a lucky ground for us Rich & I'm expecting a Leeds victory

Lose this one & it's curtains imo!
You’ve jinxed now Leon!!
I remember the play off semi when we’d drawn at ER and Billy Davies said “job done” only for us to win 2-0 at Deepdale.