Had Enough

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Had Enough

Post by Cjay »

Of being a joke club.

Top at Christmas-threw that away.

1-0 win away playoff 1st leg no side has ever come back from.that- threw that away.

Thoroughly fed up with it.

The whole summer of being a laughing stock while players get sold.

f**king unbelievable

Nobody expected promotion, blah, expectations change as the season goes on and once again we failed in January and threw it all away at home.

f**k f**k f**k

Can we criticise Rady yet?

And fair play to Derby, Norwich, Villa and Blades for holding their nerve.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Had Enough

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

I ve been watching the same s**t happen since the 70"s interspersed with the odd success. We bottle it time after time mate, get used to it. Things will never change in fact I believe this was probably our best shot at it.
Look forward to middle table mediocrity.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 pm I ve been watching the same s**t happen since the 70"s interspersed with the odd success. We bottle it time after time mate, get used to it. Things will never change in fact I believe this was probably our best shot at it.
Look forward to middle table mediocrity.
Did mention before that is it possible Revie's team were underachievers.

I'm beginning to think that our club cant cope with the big occasions and as you say bottle it most of the time.

Fear you are right, this was the best chance we will ever have imo for years and to let it slip was criminal.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:08 pm Did mention before that is it possible Revie's team were underachievers.

I'm beginning to think that our club cant cope with the big occasions and as you say bottle it most of the time.

Fear you are right, this was the best chance we will ever have imo for years and to let it slip was criminal.
Revies team should have won more than they did but on at least one occasion but we didn't get the breaks then either. Over crowded fixture list springs to mind in the days we only had one sub I think
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm Revies team should have won more than they did but on at least one occasion but we didn't get the breaks then either. Over crowded fixture list springs to mind in the days we only had one sub I think
Fair enough Faaip.

Just the amount of times we were runners up, can't be unlucky that often.

Cant be a coincidence that we have failed many times over the years to finish the job.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:08 pm Did mention before that is it possible Revie's team were underachievers.

Performance anxiety.

I do wish at times that the fans would put on a more friendlier face at times but that is a whole other conversation.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 pm Fair enough Faaip.

Just the amount of times we were runners up, can't be unlucky that often.

Cant be a coincidence that we have failed many times over the years to finish the job.
I think there was one season we played a cup final and then had to play a championship decider two days later...I was young and my memory resets itself every year but I think that's right..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:30 pm Performance anxiety.

I do wish at times that the fans would put on a more friendlier face at times but that is a whole other conversation.
Agreed with the 2nd paragraph.

But big clubs come with big expectations, we require a mentally strong player as well as a talented one and unfortunately we just dont have the budget imo.

What royally pisses me off is a bit more ambition and we would probably be up.

Players like Abraham, Wilson, Mings, James, players available at a price, we went for cheap and paid for it once again.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 pm I think there was one season we played a cup final and then had to play a championship decider two days later...I was young and my memory resets itself every year but I think that's right..
Yep. We played the FA cup final on the Saturday, won it, and going for the double the FA made us play our last game of the season against Wolves on the Monday, two days later. We drew (I think), needing to win. That's why some of us older supporters feel that we have always been hard done by regarding the FA and football league.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Had enough too. But let's do it next year
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 pm
But big clubs come with big expectations, we require a mentally strong player as well as a talented one and unfortunately we just dont have the budget imo.
Although probably the most experienced player, Pablo Hernandez, was the most disappointing tonight, he just couldn't seem to find a teammate. Don't know that the occasion got to the players apart from the jitteryness at the back. At 1-0 up we were in complete control after the half hour and a second goal then and we probably win 4 or 5-0. We then gift them a goal out of nothing and after that looked jittery all night at the back. In hindsight PJ should have played, if fully fit, although Cooper was far worse than Berardi - for me Cooper is not a big game player as the mistake in the Sheff U game and tonight has shown.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It was the same players letting us down when it mattered, but fairplay to Dallas. Where did that performance come from? I would have said he has no future, but maybe he does if he can keep doing that.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm Revies team should have won more than they did but on at least one occasion but we didn't get the breaks then either. Over crowded fixture list springs to mind in the days we only had one sub I think
The odd bent ref didn’t help either.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm Although probably the most experienced player, Pablo Hernandez, was the most disappointing tonight, he just couldn't seem to find a teammate. Don't know that the occasion got to the players apart from the jitteryness at the back. At 1-0 up we were in complete control after the half hour and a second goal then and we probably win 4 or 5-0. We then gift them a goal out of nothing and after that looked jittery all night at the back. In hindsight PJ should have played, if fully fit, although Cooper was far worse than Berardi - for me Cooper is not a big game player as the mistake in the Sheff U game and tonight has shown.
Pablo was just exhausted imo, to put so much pressure on a 34 year old with dodgy hammys is ridiculous.

Mate it got to them, that is the only explanation, they are mentally weak as they showed by throwing it all away not once, not twice but three times.

PJ will be sold and Cooper and Berardi are very average players and it told today.

Far to early to try and figure out what went wrong though but we threw this away :(
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm Although probably the most experienced player, Pablo Hernandez, was the most disappointing tonight, he just couldn't seem to find a teammate. Don't know that the occasion got to the players apart from the jitteryness at the back. At 1-0 up we were in complete control after the half hour and a second goal then and we probably win 4 or 5-0. We then gift them a goal out of nothing and after that looked jittery all night at the back. In hindsight PJ should have played, if fully fit, although Cooper was far worse than Berardi - for me Cooper is not a big game player as the mistake in the Sheff U game and tonight has shown.
Yep Pablo was dreadful tonight. Whether nerves or tiredness, I don't know, but he was poor in the first leg too.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 pm I think there was one season we played a cup final and then had to play a championship decider two days later...I was young and my memory resets itself every year but I think that's right..
Arsenal at Wembley on the Saturday, Wolves away monday night..
gessa

Post by gessa »

Arsenal at Wembley on the Saturday, Wolves away monday night..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:10 pm Pablo was just exhausted imo, to put so much pressure on a 34 year old with dodgy hammys is ridiculous.

Mate it got to them, that is the only explanation, they are mentally weak as they showed by throwing it all away not once, not twice but three times.

PJ will be sold and Cooper and Berardi are very average players and it told today.

Far to early to try and figure out what went wrong though but we threw this away :(
See I wouldn't say it got to everyone. Klich had a great game, KP did well, not helped by having to tread a tightrope after that ridiculous booking when he was clattered into by Wilson's follow through (no foul from either player). Dallas And Ayling were up and down all night (and if Ayling had composure in the opposition box he could have had a couple), Harrison's performance was fairly much the same as most of his performances, not better or worse. I think there is enough in this squad that with a bit of fine tuning with 2 or 3 additions we become a lot better. Easy to say but finish more of our chances and cut out conceding sloppy goals and we'd have won the title by a mile. If MB can sort out those problems then next season should be a great one.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm The odd bent ref didn’t help either.
Well not a Revie thing but the corrupt ref we got v Munich cost us the chance to say we were European Champions too
Stanley007
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Stanley007 »

Casilla WTF. Bamford not on same page as rest of team. Referee shocking performance