Leeds Utd v Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Off

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Derby County

Poll ended at Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

0-0
6%
1-0
25%
2-0
31%
2-1
19%
3-1
No votes
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
6%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes
Any other draw
13%

Total votes: 16

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Off

Post by Genghers »

Well f**k.

Only ourselves to blame for the first two, but I'm sorry if they get a pen we should have had one and the pull on Bamford is a free Kick before their 4th.

How was their player not sent off for a hand in Pablo's face in the first half? Why was play not brought back for the foul on Berardi before he was sent off.

We played stupidly at times and ultimately that was our downfall but, honestly, f**k the EFL and their shitty agenda against Leeds and for Lampard and Vile. Disgraceful.
Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dietkebab »

Absolutely gutted. I never expected much at the start of the season and I knew deep down they would let us down but to gift the game to the opposition that manner really does hurt.

Cooper has shown time after time why he isn’t good enough.

Casilla showed why he never played for Madrid - he doesn’t have the nerve for the big games.

Berardi - heart and desire just isn’t enough.

Harrison - i’m not sure if this lad can develop because he is only young but there’s just something missing in his game.

Bamford - sell him as quick as possible. I felt like we played most of that match with ten men with the effort he put in.
Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dietkebab »

Should applaud and praise Shackleton, Dallas, Phillips, Ayling & Klich who I think all played well and couldn’t have given anymore tonight.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Aaaaaaagh

Too many injuries caught up with us. But we had it. We f**king had this one in the bag.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm I feel for everyone who was at that game tonight. So much early promise to be then fed the utter c**p of the last minute first half and all of the second. The fans didn't deserve that.
I feel sorry for all of us.

This summer is not going to be nice, there will be sales and jokes at our expense and just a nightmare scenario.

Said a while back that the summer should we not get promoted terrified me :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Genghers wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:51 pm Well f**k.

Only ourselves to blame for the first two, but I'm sorry if they get a pen we should have had one and the pull on Bamford is a free Kick before their 4th.

How was their player not sent off for a hand in Pablo's face in the first half? Why was play not brought back for the foul on Berardi before he was sent off.

We played stupidly at times and ultimately that was our downfall but, honestly, f**k the EFL and their shitty agenda against Leeds and for Lampard and Vile. Disgraceful.
The ref is a scum fan, what do you expect? The EFL were always going to do that.
Jasemfc
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Jasemfc »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:22 pm I think as far as naming line-ups and keeping injuries a secret, I expect from a managers point of view you prepare regardless for whatever potential opposition line up you are likely going to face. For example MB will have ideas on a Derby side with or without Waghorn tomorrow. When he knows the final line-up it won't be a case of "Oh no Waghorn is fit and will be playing but I didn't plan on this". Any manager worth his salt of which MB certainly is prepares for all this well beforehand. As far as Lampard is concerned and joking aside, as soon as he heard Roofe and Roberts were a doubt nevermind out for the remainder he will have turned his attention to Bamford as Roofe would almost certainly have started given his form against Derby this season. I just really hope Shackleton gets the nod because he is has just been so exciting to watch so far with what he offers at this crucial time.

We're going up no doubt about it and I look forward to seeing MB name his side for the opening game of the season against Liverpool the first week the players come back for pre season training :)

Humble pie in large portions - too smug - loved the game :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jasemfc wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:21 pm Humble pie in large portions - too smug - loved the game :)
At least your dump will be full once then. :tup:

Shame that other Millwall fan who posted on here was more mature and intelligent than you as well.
Last edited by SG90 on Wed May 15, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasemfc
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Jasemfc »

Genghers wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:51 pm Well f**k.

Just not good enough but great to see Leeds choke again
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jasemfc wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:24 pm Just not good enough but great to see Leeds choke again
I totally understand your joy and amusement. Such a pity your own football club can't fulfill your football enjoyment as much as Leeds United. But then, I totally understand why they can't....
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Bugger, just too hard to take this one
floatato
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by floatato »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:52 pm I totally understand your joy and amusement. Such a pity your own football club can't fulfill your football enjoyment as much as Leeds United. But then, I totally understand why they can't....
Look I usually just lurk on here to get a sense of how fellow Leeds fans are feeling but I just feel I have to say clearly young Jase is a virgin with very little going on to sign up to another teams forum to have a go, Jase mate Tinder is a thing now even the most feeble of scrotes are getting their ends away these days just believe in yourself.

As for Leeds personally I lay the blame at Radz's feet the fact we came out of January weaker than we were at the start of the season is unforgivable. I am raging at Berardi Cooper and Cassillas aswell of course we needed calm and bravery today and they provided the complete opposite if Cooper had any shame he'd hand in the captaincy after that.

I realise how shitty it is to suddenly post during the bad times but I had to vent, cheers.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Forgot about the Phillips booking as well. They'd better publish the referee's report because I've no idea how he came to the conclusion Kalving did anything wrong having just been tackled...
hector

Post by hector »

floatato wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:39 am Look I usually just lurk on here to get a sense of how fellow Leeds fans are feeling but I just feel I have to say clearly young Jase is a virgin with very little going on to sign up to another teams forum to have a go, Jase mate Tinder is a thing now even the most feeble of scrotes are getting their ends away these days just believe in yourself.

As for Leeds personally I lay the blame at Radz's feet the fact we came out of January weaker than we were at the start of the season is unforgivable. I am raging at Berardi Cooper and Cassillas aswell of course we needed calm and bravery today and they provided the complete opposite if Cooper had any shame he'd hand in the captaincy after that.

I realise how shitty it is to suddenly post during the bad times but I had to vent, cheers.
Welcome mate, and now you have broken your duck (which is obviously better tha Jase has :) ) please come back and continue, whether it is venting or just joining in.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Goes to show Lampards class or should I say lack of, before the game when questioned about does the spygate add to the clash he said "that's in the past and we are not even thinking about it, it's been dealt with". Then after the game when asked does the victory taste sweeter after the spygate? "I'll have to admit that it does".
All other encounters we've had with them we dominated them and beat them, hence why his reply was "the spygate was in the past" after each game lol, don't worry deep down he has never gotten over it nor has his players, look at the way they carried on after the game with the childish binoculars gesture.
There hurt will be so much more for them after Wembley.

We will bounce back from this the seeds have been planted and we are going up automatically next year as long as Radz and possibly 49's invest. Can't wait for next Season already.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

gessa wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 pm If that is correct, then that is shameful.
But in all honesty, it shouldn't have mattered he wasn't playing , if it wasn't for the Casilla- Cooper show.
I said months ago that Cooper was a liability and his shirt pulling / grappling would cost us a penalty at some point.
Little did I know it would happen at such a crucial costly point in the season.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote: I totally understand your joy and amusement. Such a pity your own football club can't fulfill your football enjoyment as much as Leeds United. But then, I totally understand why they can't....
Not sure i got much enjoyment from the last few weeks at all....off to my cliff spot.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

leedsmad wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:52 am Goes to show Lampards class or should I say lack of, before the game when questioned about does the spygate add to the clash he said "that's in the past and we are not even thinking about it, it's been dealt with". Then after the game when asked does the victory taste sweeter after the spygate? "I'll have to admit that it does".
All other encounters we've had with them we dominated them and beat them, hence why his reply was "the spygate was in the past" after each game lol, don't worry deep down he has never gotten over it nor has his players, look at the way they carried on after the game with the childish binoculars gesture.
There hurt will be so much more for them after Wembley.

We will bounce back from this the seeds have been planted and we are going up automatically next year as long as Radz and possibly 49's invest. Can't wait for next Season already.
It will be nice when they're nine points down next season and Lampard is crying about it being unfair, while their best players have left as they are on loan. We will comfortably be above them next season.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote: It will be nice when they're nine points down next season and Lampard is crying about it being unfair, while they're best players have left as they are on loan. We will comfortably be above them next season.
We've been comfortably above them all this season but it matters not, they're in the final we're not. We have proved that being consistent is crucial but Leeds do not have it in fact since January they have gone backwards alarmingly reconfirming popular belief that they are only average players playing way above their station who cannot handle the expectancy . There will be more of the same on offer next season unless a few are shipped out and replaced with many more who have natural quality about them. Good luck to MB with that one.

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:28 am We've been comfortably above them all this season but it matters not, they're in the final we're not. We have proved that being consistent is crucial but Leeds do not have it in fact since January they have gone backwards alarmingly reconfirming popular belief that they are only average players playing way above their station who cannot handle the expectancy . There will be more of the same on offer next season unless a few are shipped out and replaced with many more who have natural quality about them. Good luck to MB with that one.

I meant they will be lower mid table without their loans and the ffp points deduction. We will be top 6 again, providing MB stays.