QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 pm Our agreement was almost play OR pay for Harrison, my guess is Bielsa agreed to play Harrison when he got him off his student.
I don't see any truth in that, just someone making something up and people then believing it to be true. Early part of the season and Harrison was often on the bench or subbed off. He only became a regular when injuries kicked in and Saiz left. After Alioski moved to fullback when Douglas got injured there weren't any other options for the position barring youth players.

Like Harrison or not he was ever present, didn't get injured and as such worked his way up Bielsa's pecking order for the position. Bielsa is then very loyal and once you are in possession of the shirt it seems hard to lose it barring a really bad run of form (such as BPF) or if you get injured. Clarke had started to get a look in, starting a couple of games but lost form and then got injured and Harrison took the shirt back. Harrison was the ever present presence whilst others dropped like flies.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm This is Leeds United, lessons are never learnt regardless . Harrison will be back next season to the detriment of the club. He is the first weak link in the jigsaw. People say "but defensively he's good" which is debatable but offensively he is a complete failure . The whole left side is sub standard but I guess we'll start with Douglas/Ali/Harrison in any old order but the same dross in any case.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:23 pm I don't see any truth in that, just someone making something up and people then believing it to be true. Early part of the season and Harrison was often on the bench or subbed off. He only became a regular when injuries kicked in and Saiz left. After Alioski moved to fullback when Douglas got injured there weren't any other options for the position barring youth players.

Like Harrison or not he was ever present, didn't get injured and as such worked his way up Bielsa's pecking order for the position. Bielsa is then very loyal and once you are in possession of the shirt it seems hard to lose it barring a really bad run of form (such as BPF) or if you get injured. Clarke had started to get a look in, starting a couple of games but lost form and then got injured and Harrison took the shirt back. Harrison was the ever present presence whilst others dropped like flies.
Problem is if you discount that sort of thing then everything is probably a lie. I personally don't think James would have played much at all. AND to be honest it just makes a lot of sense. Teams know Leeds often fail to improve loanees as we never seem to play them much so to force us to play him that contract wrinkle could easily have been applied. My guess is it wasn't so much we had to pay a premium if he did't play rather that we got a massive discount if he did
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:42 pm
One swallow does not make a summer
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote:
Superb ! It took him 46.5 games to come up with that. His goals and assists are dreadful for a player in his position and should not be on the radar for next season.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 pm It is only an opinion and with no basis better than my .if Roofe plays all 46 games at striker he scores 30 plus and we go up. Massive doses of hindsight there too. James had done little till the second half of the season and a fair chance, 50/50 imo that James hardly sees the field had he signed for us. Our agreement was almost play OR pay for Harrison, my guess is Bielsa agreed to play Harrison when he got him off his student.
Roofe didn't score in 21 games he played last season

Had we signed James he would have started over Harrison
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think its highly likely a penalty was included if Harrison didnt play tbf, lots of clubs do it.

Still dont like loans, presumably PSG wouldn't charge us if QSI become involved or if they do it would be a minimal fee.

We need to get better loans, Baker, Brown, Harrison were very poor considering the impact some of our rivals had from their loans.

But it comes down to money again, Derby paid a lot of money for Wilson, Villa paid a lot of money for Abraham and Mings and El Ghazi.

If we cant pay the money for quality then we have to find another way, maybe QSI/PSG are that way.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:38 pm Superb ! It took him 46.5 games to come up with that. His goals and assists are dreadful for a player in his position and should not be on the radar for next season.

Correct BG :tup: Harrison's crossing was generally abysmal & I lost count how many one-on-one chances he missed
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:38 pm Roofe didn't score in 21 games he played last season

Had we signed James he would have started over Harrison
No he wouldn't ..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:38 pm Superb ! It took him 46.5 games to come up with that. His goals and assists are dreadful for a player in his position and should not be on the radar for next season.

Words I'm sure were used to describe Kalvin Phillips last season ..and he didn't have to completely get used to a new type of football. Coming from MLS to Championship football is like a Rugby player going to play NFL. Can do it but takes a few years to "get it" It's a little easier going from Soccer to Football but still takes time.

Harrison flashed his ability at times and was much much better at the end of the season than at the beginning, if he continues along that learning curve he'll be a very good championship player for someone soon..

To doubt Harrison is to doubt Bielsa imo, he obviously sees a good player there ...
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I would welcome back the Harrison of the last 3 or 4 games.
The Harrison of the first 45 or so, no thanks.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

There are too many flaws in Harrison's game to convince me that he's worthy of a second season . Players in that position should be far more productive regardless of where they've been playing previously . Where would we have finished had he been able to deliver crosses more consistently and score just a handful more goals, probably autos. If MB has him again as first choice winger then his eyesight is definitely worse than mine and yes I will seriously doubt him. Time will tell.

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

If we had signed James, I think we would’ve gone up, he’s being signed for 15million for a reason. Even off the bench he would’ve been influential
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Harrison.

Thing is we aren’t really in a position to spend money on potential. That is all that Harrison has shown in his rare flashes of quality. Our strikers require a consistent supply of decent product into the box, not the dross Harrison has been producing each week.

MB sees him and Roberts as our playmakers. But neither up to now have come anywhere near fulfilling that role.

Harrison really needs to improve if he returns to us. Up to now MB has been able to claim that this squad isn’t his squad but one created by Orta.

That will change now with new players coming in as required by MB, and it could be the case that Harrison will be a very large rod which to beat him with. For me he hasn’t done enough or shown enough of what he could do to return to EL.

But as the song says.

It’s all about the money
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:50 pm If we had signed James, I think we would’ve gone up, he’s being signed for 15million for a reason. Even off the bench he would’ve been influential
Indeed dezzy :tup: James would have given us the extra spark that was lacking, he scares defences to death, many managers have shouted their praises about the young lad, not the same with regards to Jack Harrison
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Harrison just not good enough on a consistent basis in my humble opinion - we need better than him. James was the guy but no point harking back, it's gone. Lets get someone else with some genuine pace and trickery.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Died off a bit again this.

Still hope something happens, we are in last chance saloon with MB and owe him the best players a Championship team can provide.

That needs money.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm happy that QVC seem to be on the back burner atm ..
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I agree with CJ, this squad badly needs additional quality, without sacrificing players we already have !

That will take a cash injection, as its clear Radz doesnt have the funds to purchase the type of player we need !!

Whether its QSI or not, we need some investment badly !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 am I agree with CJ, this squad badly needs additional quality, without sacrificing players we already have !

That will take a cash injection, as its clear Radz doesnt have the funds to purchase the type of player we need !!

Whether its QSI or not, we need some investment badly !!
Simple conclusion is no investment on what is required.....no promotion

Could be our only opportunity under Bielsa so we must get it right this time Gurj