Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games - Czech Republic v England

Post by The Subhuman »

So did we lose 1-0? Must have finished by now
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I say we in the loosest context
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:
Leeds United are far better to watch than England in every possible way
Spot on
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 pm Phillips would have walked into this England team had he signed for Aston Villa in the summer
He would have gone backwards in his development however.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:45 pm So did we lose 1-0? Must have finished by now
Czech's deservedly scored a 85th minute winner, 2-1
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 pm He would have gone backwards in his development however.
Good point SG :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 pm Phillips would have walked into this England team had he signed for Aston Villa in the summer
Tbf Villa fans were convinced Grealish would once they were in the Prem.

Phillips is a long way down the England pecking order.

Declan Rice has played 70 odd Premier league games and is 3 years younger, thats KP's direct competition atm.

Personally think Rice is the best of the new England crop.

Have to be realistic imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:27 pm Personally think Rice is the best of the new England crop.
Rice was distinctly average v the Czechs.

That England side is poor & is wide open for others like Phillips, White, Grealish, etc to make an impact into the England set-up

Don't talk to me about being realistic Cjay, you don't think Phillips is one of our best players :shock:

All I can say is take Phillips, White & Pablo out of our team & we would be very extremely average. We were a shambles in the last fifteen minutes at Millwall without KP. We've lost two of our last three games without Pablo.

Imagine the Leeds defence without White at the back :(
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I like Southgate but he got it badly wrong last night.
Team selection was ridiculous we’ve got arguably the best right back in the world in Trent Alexander Arnold but he’s 2nd choice for England behind Trippier 😤
Keane shouldn’t even be in the squad, Rose over Chilwell a complete joke as well
The midfield structure is all wrong, Rice is good at breaking up play but average on the ball. He is very tenacious but think he suits West Ham’s style more and it’s worth remembering too Noble is the one who gets on the ball and dictates games not Rice at West Ham. He shouldn’t be starting games yet.
Henderson should be playing CDM he’s comfortable with this style of football but needs to play deeper to protect two more creative players ahead of him a bit like KP (who FWIW I don’t think should get a call up yet but isn’t a million miles away if anything Ben White should be in contention too)
Massive shame Phil Foden and Joe Gomez can’t get regular games at City or Liverpool.

Team I’d go with on Monday:
Pickford

Alexander Arnold
Maguire
Mings
Chilwell

Henderson

Sancho
Mount
Barkley
Sterling

Kane
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:52 am I like Southgate but he got it badly wrong last night.
Team selection was ridiculous we’ve got arguably the best right back in the world in Trent Alexander Arnold but he’s 2nd choice for England behind Trippier 😤
Keane shouldn’t even be in the squad, Rose over Chilwell a complete joke as well
The midfield structure is all wrong, Rice is good at breaking up play but average on the ball. He is very tenacious but think he suits West Ham’s style more and it’s worth remembering too Noble is the one who gets on the ball and dictates games not Rice at West Ham. He shouldn’t be starting games yet.
Henderson should be playing CDM he’s comfortable with this style of football but needs to play deeper to protect two more creative players ahead of him a bit like KP (who FWIW I don’t think should get a call up yet but isn’t a million miles away if anything Ben White should be in contention too)
Massive shame Phil Foden and Joe Gomez can’t get regular games at City or Liverpool.

Team I’d go with on Monday:
Pickford

Alexander Arnold
Maguire
Mings
Chilwell

Henderson

Sancho
Mount
Barkley
Sterling

Kane
Why Southgate left his best RWB out god only knows? he's been terrific for the scousers. In fact Liverpool have the two best wing backs in the premiership in AA & Scotland's best player Andy Robertson

England have no chance in the 2020 Euro's, they looked like a bunch of schoolboys last night

Keep your money in your pockets for now lads & plough your dosh on one of the class teams
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We don't have better than Kane?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 am We don't have better than Kane?
Hate to say this, as a player I prefer Rashford who can play as a striker
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:27 pm Tbf Villa fans were convinced Grealish would once they were in the Prem.

Phillips is a long way down the England pecking order.

Declan Rice has played 70 odd Premier league games and is 3 years younger, thats KP's direct competition atm.

Personally think Rice is the best of the new England crop.

Have to be realistic imo.
Rice is dreadful and KP can do far more than what he does. If he's the future of England, then it's another 10 years of mediocrity.

The belief is just because you play in the PL, that makes you better. Forshaw has played in the PL, but KP is better. KP was levels above Mason Mount last season, yet a couple of games for Chelsea and he's a superstar.

If I was in the top 6, I'd be looking at KP, as his value would only sky rocket. But they'd rather spend £60m on someone who's had a few games in the PL.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Went out for a meal last night so recorded the game to watch when I got home....wish I hadn't bothered!
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:10 am Went out for a meal last night so recorded the game to watch when I got home....wish I hadn't bothered!
That serves you right for galavanting out on a diet night and feeding your face....

Should have waited until tonight when the diet is on hold... :P

:)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:10 am Went out for a meal last night so recorded the game to watch when I got home....wish I hadn't bothered!
Was my favourite host in good form Swannie

I suspect you had a delicious meal & a good time :) :angel:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:25 am That serves you right for galavanting out on a diet night and feeding your face....

It is a lovely pub restaurant

You need to get yourself down to Swannie's part of the world in lovely Suffolk Hector, I'm sure you would have great fun in good company :-D
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Today's Games

Post by Irish Ian »

Czech Republic 0 Norn Iron 3 after 40 minutes.

And as per its the away fans making all the noise.

Should be able to get a draw from here. :duno:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:25 am That serves you right for galavanting out on a diet night and feeding your face....

Only just seen this....you're only jealous :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:25 am Was my favourite host in good form Swannie

I suspect you had a delicious meal & a good time :) :angel:
She certainly was Leon. Whizzing about as usual, and making sure we were well looked after....

Delicious three course meal washed down with a beautiful Sauvignon Blanc :)