The Leeds United Positive Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The Leeds United Positive Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Top of the Pile!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

McCalmont is Kalvin's heir apparent
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Backing up last season - so many clubs in this league struggle after a good season, it's hard to do
Humble squad - no egos or big heads
Playing good football
Turning our fortunes from the beginning of the season when we were conceding late goals, now we're scoring them
No off the field issue atm or things the media can attack us for (hopefully that remains)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

If WBA beat BC tomorrow we will have had the leadership for only 24 hours, but any other result will have us staying at the top, if only on goal difference.

As a matter of no great importance, I preferred goal average to goal difference, although at least goal difference doesn't need a calculator.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I was listening to a video by David Byrne and he was talking about
Ian Drury and his song "Reasons to be cheerful Part 3" and in it he was
talking about change and how it happens. He had more hope for
"bottom up" than "top down" meaning that grass roots initiatives
are often more effective than directives coming from those in power
be it government or the media.

So I dedicate last night Leeds win to Leon and his Leeds United Positive thread.
Who knows he might have put that smile on Alioski's face... perhaps there
is a feel good factor bubbling through all of the team at the moment.
Let's get positive and watch Gjannicam once again... we need that before every game.
I hope the club mak it a regular feature.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Jack's praise of Helder
“We won the ball back deep in our half and I saw the play building up on the right hand side and everyone keeps telling me how important it is for me to get to the back post, so I tried to make the back post and it was a brilliant ball by Helder and I was fortunate enough to be there and get my head on it,” Harrison said.

“I went straight to Helder to thank him and it was brilliant to get the result and win, it is all about the team and the three points is the main thing.”

We asked Dr Emmett Doc Brown to explain the physics of Jack Harrison's goal against Reading. He had this to say.
From Harrison passing the ball to Dallas until he headed the ball into the net there was a passage of 12 seconds
Harrison at a conservative estimate had to cover approximately 90 meters which is equivalent to running the 100 meters in 13 seconds. The velocity of the ball to Alioski was 40 km/hr and he was able to control it in his stride and pass it to Costa who then observed the pace and acceleration of Harrison and by a complex calculation which combined both geometry and algebra with just a smidgeon of calculus, launched the ball on a trajectory such that it evaded the desperate leaps of the Reading defenders but with pinpoint accuracy landed on the forehead of the onrushing Harrison for him to score the goal. By my calculations the probability of such a series of events happening is about 1 trillion to one. If I were not a scientist I would have to say that the whole series of events could only be classified as a miracle. There is no other explanation .
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Wallah!.. it's not the Science we should fear, but the scienctism.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

rab_rant wrote:Jack's praise of Helder
“We won the ball back deep in our half and I saw the play building up on the right hand side and everyone keeps telling me how important it is for me to get to the back post, so I tried to make the back post and it was a brilliant ball by Helder and I was fortunate enough to be there and get my head on it,” Harrison said.

“I went straight to Helder to thank him and it was brilliant to get the result and win, it is all about the team and the three points is the main thing.”

We asked Dr Emmett Doc Brown to explain the physics of Jack Harrison's goal against Reading. He had this to say.
From Harrison passing the ball to Dallas until he headed the ball into the net there was a passage of 12 seconds
Harrison at a conservative estimate had to cover approximately 90 meters which is equivalent to running the 100 meters in 13 seconds. The velocity of the ball to Alioski was 40 km/hr and he was able to control it in his stride and pass it to Costa who then observed the pace and acceleration of Harrison and by a complex calculation which combined both geometry and algebra with just a smidgeon of calculus, launched the ball on a trajectory such that it evaded the desperate leaps of the Reading defenders but with pinpoint accuracy landed on the forehead of the onrushing Harrison for him to score the goal. By my calculations the probability of such a series of events happening is about 1 trillion to one. If I were not a scientist I would have to say that the whole series of events could only be classified as a miracle. There is no other explanation .
Sounds about right .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:45 pm Jack's praise of Helder By my calculations the probability of such a series of events happening is about 1 trillion to one.
Tell that to them bloody martians they were all over the telly the other night.
'
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Reasons to be cheerful

Top of the league again.
The scoreline represented the performance.
Won in a canter, game over with 25 minutes to go.
At last we had our shooting boots scoring four goals.
Three points.
Eddie is back.
Five consecutive victories.
Unbeaten in eight games.
Conceded only three goals in our last eight games.
Forty points from nineteen games.

Appears that our hoodoos are being put to bed over our last four games

Every player achieved a rating of 8 or above imo, no passengers v Boro'
We actually created a goal from a corner.
Kalvin almost scored from a free-kick but for a good save from the smoggies keeper.
We scored in the first three minutes
We won comfortably scoring four goals for the first time this season
We won in a compact stadium
We gained two victories on the road in the South
gessa

Post by gessa »

3 more points towards promotion.
Keeping the average, over the required 2 points per game.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

There is so much to be positive about, they’re as clear as day. This club is on a upward curve and has been for three seasons now. One of the best run clubs in the EFL, lots of talent in our squad, lots of players to be excited about in the 23s.
And the main positive, after a great run of form even the negative nellies are quiet
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
hector

Post by hector »

dezzy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:36 pm There is so much to be positive about, they’re as clear as day. This club is on a upward curve and has been for three seasons now. One of the best run clubs in the EFL, lots of talent in our squad, lots of players to be excited about in the 23s.
And the main positive, after a great run of form even the negative nellies are quiet
Also Dezzy, there is a new round of last man standing just starting so you can enter for the 1st time :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

hector wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:01 pm Also Dezzy, there is a new round of last man standing just starting so you can enter for the 1st time :mrgreen:
I’m getting dizzy with all this positivity :?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Surely there's something we can moan about ! KP getting booked...was yesterdays game the cut off for suspensions ?

gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:09 pm Surely there's something we can moan about ! KP getting booked...was yesterdays game the cut off for suspensions ?

Not allowed, positive comments only.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I love Gjannicam, especially when he shakes the tunnel and bites the ball.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Since the Derby debacle, 5 wins in a row at home and only one goal conceded. From being afraid of ER to turning it into a fortress.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:09 pm Surely there's something we can moan about ! KP getting booked...was yesterdays game the cut off for suspensions ?

Was my only negative in the Boro' match day thread but I suspect you didn't read it just like the majority.

I actually mentioned the consequences of Phillips 5th yellow card a couple of weeks ago, even our resident thoughtful LUFC poster Cjay didn't pick up on it :roll: