The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th January) Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th January) Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. Its Monday 13th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

Communication between Victor Orta and the hierarchy at St Mary's are believed to be at an advanced stage regarding bringing Che Adams to Elland Road. Although Saints Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has made his feelings clear that he does not want to lose the 23 year old hitman, the chain of command have been ready to negotiate.

Leeds will have to pay the South Cost club £1m, and must sign him permanently in the Summer. It is not known at this stage what fee the Whiters will have to part with in the Summer, but rest assured Southampton have the upper hand. Adams moved to St Marys last Summer from Birmingham City for a fee of £15m,

It has been revealed by the Sun this Morning that Newcastle are willing to part with Dwight Gayle for £8m. The 29 year old has proved how clinical he can be in the Championship but with only nine appearances under his belt this term, how long would it take him to get up to speed?

Adams for £16m or Gayle for £8m. Who would you go for?

One win in seven, as the Owls swoop to victory

Leeds slipped to their 5th defeat of the season against Yorkshire rivals Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, as the gap between the automatic promotion slots and the play offs narrowed to six points. For a local derby with so much at stake, the game was atrocious. The atmosphere both on and off the pitch were as flat as a pancake. You'd find more life at a Gareth Gates concert.

Two late goals from Murphy and Nuhiu, (their only shots on target) were enough to give the Owls their first points in 5 league games. 5 from the last 6 goals Leeds have conceded were from oppositions first shot at goal. Who's at fault? It's easy to blame Casilla, but can you say hat either goals were well defended?

Is Bamford a striker? If Adams is signed, will he still play second fiddle to Bamford?

Leeds no longer have the best goal difference in the Championship. That honour no belongs to Brentford, and former fans favourite Pontus Jansson with a goal difference of twenty three.

​​

Bielsa's post match Interview

Last edited by Ellandback1 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th January) Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

Post by Gurj »

The issue with Gayle is he 's injuries seem to be getting more and more frequent. He actually came off early on Saturday with a suspected hamstring problem, having missed most of this season with similar issues. We can ill afford to pay big money for him ( or indeed any striker ) if they cant hit the ground running and stay fit.

I appreciate there is no guarantee with Adams not getting injured but coupled with the fact that he would be more of a like for like alternative to Bamford, and a better alternative in my eyes, I would choose Che over Gayle now. Couple of years ago that wouldnt have been the case for sure.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th January) Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

Post by Ellandback1 »

In other news

Elia Caprile has passed this medical, and should become a Leeds Utd player later today.

The 18-year-old shot stopper has been in impressive form for the youth team of Chievo Verona, and has drawn the attention of many top flight clubs.

Where does this leave Miazek and Meslier. What has happened to Will Huffer?

Leeds are hot on the pursuit for Manchester City winger Ian Poveda to replace Jack Clarke.

The 19yo has fallen out with the coaches at the Etihad after being dropped from the first team.

He was previously with Arsenal and Barcelona. Unfortunately for Catalans, they had restrictions on buying youth players, and he ended up at Brentford but was poached by Manchester City within months of his arrival.

Nohan Kenneh celebrated his 17th birthday by penning his first professional deal at Thorp Arch.

Kenneh has recently broken into Carlos Corberan’s Under-23 side after impressing for the U18's.

He has also featured for England at Under-17 level this season.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

The concept of 'replacing Clarke' is a bit strange. After all he never played for us.

I've no problem with signing Poveda but I don't see the point in replacing Clarke per se.

Hopefully Poveda is better and will make a stronger challenge for first team playing time.

Can Southampton really include a clause that forces us to sign Adams in the summer? What if Adams doesn't want to join us? What if they change their minds and still want him?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Adams over Gayle, for me, but where did the figure of £16 million come from?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Adams over Gayle for me too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Yeah Adams definitely.
But seeing as Gayle is injury prone, we will probably sign him as per Roberts, Brown and Forshaw
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Adams for sure. Reckon he's more versatile than Gayle. Leeds will go for Gayle as cheaper and injured.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Adams over Gayle for me, at his age he might have some resale value.
But we have really painted ourselves into a corner havent we? Anything even possibly goes wrong with the Southampton strikers in training this week and where does that leave us?

But what is it with signing another keeper? Is this in expectation of a Kiko exit?

Saturday we looked flat. Maybe an Emirates hangover but we need to get over it.
Douglas losing possession, Harrison and Bamford missing sitters, Costa looking list, awful substitutionsmore keek from Kiko. Surely it has to pick up.

And all this with Southgate in the stands to run his sliderule over KP.

Any word on Dallas?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Che looks more like the player I'd want and, if we can get his loyalty, I think we'd have a cracker of a player.
He's just what we need, and I actually like him, which is worth more than I can explain.
Come on Che, if you're reading this, we'd love to have you.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

So YEP suggesting Leeds announce two signings this week, which means the Citeh kid and the keeper.
Kiko, Meslier, Maizek.. Maybe Kiko could be used at CB to use his height :)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Looks like Derby have a “star player” clause in their 32Red contract which provides them with an extra £1.5 million in helping fund Rooney’s salary.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:53 am Looks like Derby have a “star player” clause in their 32Red contract which provides them with an extra £1.5 million in helping fund Rooney’s salary.
I have asked the question directly on twitter.

32Red have not answered me.

Could I ask for those of you on twitter to retweet and comment on this issue.

My twitter name is @EllandBack1
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

surely thats a FFP breach?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

rrfierce wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 pm surely thats a FFP breach?
It definitely stinks, especially after they avoided FFP by selling their ground to themselves recently.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

How many frigging goalkeepers have we now on our books?
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:56 pm How many frigging goalkeepers have we now on our books?
Not nearly enough!!!

we need a keeper for each outfield position :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:56 pm How many frigging goalkeepers have we now on our books?
I see Harrison Male is on the bench for the U23'S today.
It infuriates me when the club announce a youngster as a 'transfer window signing'
This new keeper has zero chance of getting anywhere near the first team for the next couple of years at least but the club will include him as a transfer window signing. His arrival does absolutely nothing to bolster our first team squad.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
gessa

Post by gessa »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:14 pm I see Harrison Male is on the bench for the U23'S today.
It infuriates me when the club announce a youngster as a 'transfer window signing'
This new keeper has zero chance of getting anywhere near the first team for the next couple of years at least but the club will include him as a transfer window signing. His arrival does absolutely nothing to bolster our first team squad.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't go out and get him though, very highly regarded.
Imagine in 3 or 4 years time he's worth £10m plus, folk would bemoaning that we had the chance to get him for nowt and blew it, typical Leeds they'd say.

There is talk of 2 of the young keepers being moved out, once a club can be found for them.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Will Huffer has been on loan at Conference side Barnet.

He has two appearances this season.

I can see Leeds releasing him.