Leeds v Brighton - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another tough encounter v Hughton's Sussex boys. Let's hope we can break the ER hoodoo !

God knows what team Rosler will select as long he starts Botaka & Antenucci :?

Time to be more positive & adventurous from the start of the game plus cut out all the silly errors

Come on Leeds
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

IMO this is make or break match. Not advocating anyone getting sacked but serious questions need to be asked if we lose this one
Yup, it's me.
gessa

Re: Leeds v Brighton - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa »

Not sure if Rosler's post match comments after the Brum game were kneejerk or not but it will be interesting how we line up, will he change the system? I have no idea what to expect but my gut tells me we won't see many changes to either style or personnel.
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

Still erring on the side of caution here. Lets keep a similar squad. From what I've seen of Buckley elsewhere he's got to have something that our current squad don't have. I'd like to see him and Dallas giving Wood the service he deserves. He holds the ball up well and isn't a complete headless chicken. Knock it up, bounce off to the wingers, midfield join the attack, crosses, profit.

I haven't made a game personally this season but from what I've heard our youngsters are experiencing a bit of burnout? I hate to say it but this is where we could do some old guard in which we've now offloaded (mostly for the best) but feel we could do with a Michael Brown type around. I hate to see the likes of Byram and Mowatt suffering from the weight of expectation but do you think we could have put too much on them too soon? Especially Byram with all the talk around him for years?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I'd keep generally the same team. Brighton are an attacking threat and we need the cover provided by the extra midfielder. Botaka has looked our most creative player in the two run outs he's had so far, though maybe we'll need the added discipline of Buckley. Mowatt needs a rest IMO, and although I think Ant deserves to be starting, I still think that we'll need to adapt the system to fit him in. A 4-3-3 can be an attacking formation, we just don't seem to be working that angle yet...

-------------Silvestri-------------
Berardi-Bamba-Cooper-Taylor
------------Adeyemi-------------
------Murphy-------Cook--------
Buckley-------------------Dallas
--------------Wood---------------

One of Murphy or Cook can get forward in support of attacks, with Adeyemi and the other holding back in case of counters. Buckley and Dallas can switch wings periodically as they both seem adept at playing either side. Most importantly we need to be trying to get crosses into Wood as that's probably where he's the biggest threat.

If we're chasing the game I'd switch to:

-------------Silvestri-------------
Berardi-Bamba-Cooper-Taylor
------Murphy-------Cook--------
Botaka----Antenucci-----Dallas
---------------Wood--------------

Botaka and Dallas have more trickery than Buckley, and Ant always offers energy and is good for a goal.

We need to start the game brightly and keep them penned in like we've been able to do at other points in games so far. If we have enough pressure then we'll have to score eventually... Right?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Botaka also scored for DR Congo the other evening.

Rosler has said he's going to make changes, so I expect we'll be more like the second formation I posted...
LUFC_Madcap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_Madcap »

From what I saw at the Birmingham match (yes I was there!) hands down needs to start with Botaka and Ant in the squad. Much more creative and Antenucci's smart play opens up so much more space in attack for both him and Wood. this 4/3/3 we are playing is too predictable with our wingers just trying to cut in and get it onto Wood. He needs a foil to pull defenders.
~~Scizophrenic, I'm bleeding Quadrophenic~~

1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC_Madcap wrote:From what I saw at the Birmingham match (yes I was there!) hands down needs to start with Botaka and Ant in the squad. Much more creative and Antenucci's smart play opens up so much more space in attack for both him and Wood. this 4/3/3 we are playing is too predictable with our wingers just trying to cut in and get it onto Wood. He needs a foil to pull defenders.
My god Madcap where did you appear from :shock: Welcome back :tup:
LUFC_Madcap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_Madcap »

Living in Luxembourg now. Plan is to make it up for 7 or 8 matches this season. Just moved over to Europe in July of this year for work.
~~Scizophrenic, I'm bleeding Quadrophenic~~

1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC_Madcap wrote:Living in Luxembourg now. Plan is to make it up for 7 or 8 matches this season. Just moved over to Europe in July of this year for work.
Good man...Luxembourg is a beautiful country i'm led to believe from friends who have visited there
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Madcap..... welcome back!!!

Luxembourg is lovely, if a bit small! Me and my family spent a lot of time there during the 3 years we lived in Belgium, loads of camping and fishing there. We even went to watch the World Angling Championships there one year, I was heavily into match fishing, and went along to watch some of my fishing heroes in action.

Anyway, I repeat myself, but welcome back, hope the team can give you more to tempt you over!
:tup: :tup: :tup:
LufcTom
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LufcTom »

Turnbull out injured i read a few times :/. Probably bring charlie horton up?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

LufcTom wrote:Turnbull out injured i read a few times :/. Probably bring charlie horton up?
Broken ankle in training. Don't have any issue with Horton on the bench - he's the USA u-23 keeper, so is probably better than Cairns who we had as a backup for portions of the last couple of seasons.
LufcTom
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LufcTom »

Oo nasty! .. Yeahh would be good to have him on the bench.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Would like to see us play 4-2-3-1 (Jurgen Klopps main formation at Borussia Dortmund where heavy metal football started- I think :lol: even if it means we have to put some of our key players on the bench). I would be disappointed if: Adeyemi, Buckley, Botaka and Antenucci don't start the game.
GK Silvestri
RB Berardi
CB Bamba
CB Cooper
LB Taylor
RM Botaka
CM Adeyemi
CM Cook- (playing a Carzola/Fabregas role where he is a box to box midfielder)
LM Buckley
CAM Antenucci (not his natural position I don't think, however, i Think he can do a really good job in this position and we can easily change to 4-4-2 as well if this doesn't work.)
STR Wood
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I would have Dallas and Botaka as wide midfielders, have Wood lead the line and give Ant a free role, let him pop up behind and beyond Wood as he wants and to move either side to link with wide players and double up on full backs.

Gives Wood more room and should make service much better.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

And it will be shown online :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Apparently we are playing a different formation & Botaka starts
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Apparently we are playing a different formation & Botaka starts
Think Dallas will be on the bench by the sounds of it. Played all Nirn's games in the break, so don't want to overuse him.

I would expect Ant to come in and probably a midfield 2 of Cook/Adeyemi and Murphy...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have a bad cold which means I should be able to watch/listen the whole game....if I can find a stream
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"