Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Cjay » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Phil Hay

@PhilHayYEP

A source close to Marcelo Bielsa tells me he intends to sign his contract tonight and will become Leeds United's next head coach. #lufc

10:59 pm · 14 Jun 2018

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by gessa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:54 am

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 am

Hallelujah

Ratscoot
First Team
First Team

Post by Ratscoot » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:46 am

At bloody last
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am

Not my choice at all and 40 grand a week but welcome MB, looking forward to what you bring to the party. Good luck
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am

Welcome Marcelo , hope this signals a turn in our fortunes and a glowing new era . :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter

danhirons
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by danhirons » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 am

40 K a week sounds a lot but it's only 2 million for the year. We've wasted more than that on sacko and cibicki alone, and plenty more elsewhere

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 am

We pay that out on managers and compensation for sackings, not a worry if the right man, now he's here and they have a strong belief in him, they have to give him time.

MightyWhites
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MightyWhites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am

gessa wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 am
We pay that out on managers and compensation for sackings, not a worry if the right man, now he's here and they have a strong belief in him, they have to give him time.
And more importantly back him with money and whatever else, or he won't be here for long!

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am

MightyWhites wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am
And more importantly back him with money and whatever else, or he won't be here for long!
I don't think the board will have any option not to back him as they know he'll be off if they mess him about as you say MW :tup:

whiteswan
Manager
Manager

Post by whiteswan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 am

His apointment has just been announced on SKY sports news :)

beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:15 am

1964white wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am
I don't think the board will have any option not to back him as they know he'll be off if they mess him about as you say MW :tup:
Agree Leon , its not rocket science is it , spend money on decent players , Leeds start to win playing attractive football , crowds increase becoming sell outs every game , income excedes expenditure , fans are happy Radz is happy with a healthy bank account to boot as well :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter

becchio bear
Queen of Quotes
Queen of Quotes
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 am

I've just been reading about it in the online papers :-D :bear:

NorfolkWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by NorfolkWhite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Well he's here....well not actually here yet, but on the way - great show of intent from Radz, a gamble yes but as others have said must have taken the job on the back of promises of transfer funds for players he approves, should also unlock and persuade players who may not have come otherwise.

Thumbs up from me - should be interesting whatever happens!

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:37 pm

I don't think, in all my near 40 years of supporting Leeds United, I have ever been so excited at a managerial appointment.
Wilko was outstanding and we will forever be in he's debt for he's achievement but this is just extraordinary for us to pull off the capture of El Loco.

Yes, it may all fall flat and quickly but at least and at long last we are witnessing a real show of ambition. I am convinced he will be backed and with the contacts and respect Bielsa has inside football, I am sure we will be able tap into a much higher calibre of footballer either through permanent signings but more likely via loans from clubs such as City/Spurs for example, what with admiration the likes of Pep/Poch have openly stated for our new coach.

It may be a short bumpy ride we are in for all but I for one cant wait to ride along with it :-)

A great article here ( apologies if someone has already posted it) that details the man, he's career path and he's way of working.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/ma ... lt-manager
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

Ratscoot
First Team
First Team

Post by Ratscoot » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:32 pm

All I can say is WOW :) :) :)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

andrewjohnsmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:34 pm

It's a great coup. Glad it finally happened. I'm sure a big part of the negotiations would have been over player wage and salary budget and hopefully that's going to mean some good quality signings coming in. I' sure quite a few will be on their way out too as several don't seem to fit his formation - unless he can retrain them into new positions. His 3-3-1-3 might see a new life for guys like Anita and Dallas too. Who knows? I'm sure it's going to be a busy month ahead.

And I'm sure he's only a short term signing. He never seems to stay anywhere long. But if he gets us through that tight gate (promotion) and into the promised land (premier league) it will be job accomplished.
I was there when Batty scored

andrewjohnsmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:35 pm

And when we get back there - I'll remove that profile picture of the last time we were there
I was there when Batty scored

joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:57 am

Wow I'm so excited about this. I've never we been excited about a new manager since well George Graham. After the shitty season we have had I'd just about given up. Faith restored but only if we bring in quality players instead of the usual journeymen and donkies I'm back

That's the key, I don't think the board have any options not to back him as he'll be off if they don't give him what is required, then we'd be back to square one. I'm surprised so many fans turned up to watch that dirge last season, good to hear you haven't totally given up on LUFC Joe
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]

Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:37 am

He wouldn’t have been my choice, far from it but....

He is no yes man, he obviously wants a major say on transfer deals and targets and if the club wanted him badly enough to sign a contract of terms that he set outlining he’s requirements then they surely mean serious business this coming season.

I’m not excited by Bielsa or his ability, I’m far more excited about what this may mean for the signings on the field. If we really are chasing targets like Vydra and Abel then at this level it will make a huge difference on last season.