Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 68596
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by 1964white » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am

Gandalf wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:46 am
It is Marcelo who has repeatedly said that he doesn't want another centre back, so are you saying that the club should go behind his back and get one anyway ?. A sure fire way to piss Bielsa off. Or is it your Radz hate surfacing again after our first loss ?
I don't hate anyone Gandi

The simple fact of the whole matter is we haven't done enough throughout the summer. it's a long old season is the Championship & sadly we look inadequate in certain positions which should have been addressed. Are you saying Bielsa would be unhappy to have another class CB at his disposal?

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the Bielsa ride, hopefully, we'll have much luck avoiding injuries/suspensions as we march on together to the Premiership.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 68596
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by 1964white » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:14 am

Cjay wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am
Pictures of Izzy brown arriving at LB Airport.

Its not the most exciting signing tbh, not when you consider he hasnt kicked a ball since January.

And other clubs signing the likes of Besic, Kalas, Woods, El Ghazi.

Villa closing in on a highly rated £10mil cb.

We have made 2 good signings, couple of squad fillers.

Definitely putting all our hopes on Bielsa.

Its frustrating when you think how well he has done so far, how much better he could do with proper backing.

Cant believe Bielsa would say "no i dont want those quality players".
As I've already said we've acquired another owner who is intent on doing things on the cheap when it comes down to the players on the pitch. Thank god for Marcelo, he is our only hope!

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:47 am

1964white wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:14 am
As I've already said we've acquired another owner who is intent on doing things on the cheap when it comes down to the players on the pitch. Thank god for Marcelo, he is our only hope!
Was a concern that we were putting all our eggs in one basket with Bielsa.

Only 2 permanent signing makes it seem that way.

We should have been in for Besic, Kalas and El Ghazi.

Bielsa knows El Ghazi from Lille, we had a connection. But he wasnt cheap so.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:55 am

Izzy Brown not expected to be fully fit till October,provided he suffers no setbacks.

Its a very strange signing.

Typical Leeds

SG90
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by SG90 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am
Pictures of Izzy brown arriving at LB Airport.

Its not the most exciting signing tbh, not when you consider he hasnt kicked a ball since January.

And other clubs signing the likes of Besic, Kalas, Woods, El Ghazi.

Villa closing in on a highly rated £10mil cb.

We have made 2 good signings, couple of squad fillers.

Definitely putting all our hopes on Bielsa.

Its frustrating when you think how well he has done so far, how much better he could do with proper backing.

Cant believe Bielsa would say "no i dont want those quality players".
Completely agree. These loans are so poor. Radz is naive at best or deluded at worst. I'd rather we play our own youth than loan other teams' who probably are no better. Is Harrison better than Clarke for example? I don't think so.

As you say other clubs are bringing in genuine quality, we still sign bench warmers. Radz should be backing Bielsa to the tilt. I'll be raging if we throw away a good opportunity this year because of tightness.

SG90
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by SG90 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:14 am
As I've already said we've acquired another owner who is intent on doing things on the cheap when it comes down to the players on the pitch. Thank god for Marcelo, he is our only hope!
Again agree. Unfortunately you're not allowed to criticise Radz on anything for some reason. Yes he's done some good things, but also some terrible things. We'll never get out of this league if we keep doing things on the cheap. We'll probably end up losing Bielsa due to our tightness, we should be backing him 100%.

User avatar
lufc1304
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7767
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by lufc1304 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm

I think we're all in agreement that Bielsa is very much his own man, and certainly no shrinking violet. Do you not think if he wanted another CH, he'd have been battering down Radz' door demanding one? He hasn't done, which suggests that, despite what we all might think, he truly believes we don't need one. I think he's wrong, but he's the boss, not me, so I'll go with whatever the main man says.

By the way, all the digs at Radz are becoming tiresome. He's a novice in club ownership terms, so he's going to make mistakes. But he's done more good than ill, in my view, not least of which is giving us Bielsa who has, in the short time he's been here, transformed the first team squad into the most talked about in the league and one which we all, quietly, think just might have a chance of actually doing something this year. Give the guy a chance, ffs
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:32 pm

SG90 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:22 pm
Completely agree. These loans are so poor. Radz is naive at best or deluded at worst. I'd rather we play our own youth than loan other teams' who probably are no better. Is Harrison better than Clarke for example? I don't think so.

As you say other clubs are bringing in genuine quality, we still sign bench warmers. Radz should be backing Bielsa to the tilt. I'll be raging if we throw away a good opportunity this year because of tightness.
Short term planning, no buy options, if we dont go up then we are back to square one.

Harrison and Baker may turn out to be good, but what if Pulis was right and there average at best?

Izzy Brown clearly has talent but an ACL injury can ruin a player, he may never be the same again or may suffer a set back.

Would be less annoyed/frustrated if Radz hadnt talked about "doing a Wolves" and name dropping all these people.

We expected Foyth, Foden, Diaz type loans, but we have sold Vieira to buy Bamford leaving us with 1 dm. Forshaw, Klich, Baker none of them are dms, neither is Phillips yet, a few good games is one thing, lets see if those levels keep up.

We still havent got a cb in which we needed since Bartley left.

Yes we have started well but as Preston showed, Bielsa can only do so much, eventually the lack of quality will show.

Disappointed.

Hope we can somehow stay in good shape then invest in January.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:43 pm

lufc1304 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm
I think we're all in agreement that Bielsa is very much his own man, and certainly no shrinking violet. Do you not think if he wanted another CH, he'd have been battering down Radz' door demanding one? He hasn't done, which suggests that, despite what we all might think, he truly believes we don't need one. I think he's wrong, but he's the boss, not me, so I'll go with whatever the main man says.

By the way, all the digs at Radz are becoming tiresome. He's a novice in club ownership terms, so he's going to make mistakes. But he's done more good than ill, in my view, not least of which is giving us Bielsa who has, in the short time he's been here, transformed the first team squad into the most talked about in the league and one which we all, quietly, think just might have a chance of actually doing something this year. Give the guy a chance, ffs
Was willing to give Radz time, still am, but he deserves the flack he gets.

When you take the club to a war zone to further your own business interests then you deserve flack.

When you have a twitter rant then claim it was only to see if you could do the same thing and then name drop these famous agents and then dont deliver then you deserve flack.

When you make a big song and dance about buying back the ground for the club, but actually the club doesnt own the ground at all and were the club to be sold then that doesnt include the ground theb you deserve questioning.

When you sell key players, Wood and Vieira and dont replace them sufficiently and under your watch the club wastes tens of millions on poor players thus leaving them under financed for the following season then again you deserve flack.

You cant do what he did with Wolves and then have a transfer window like we have had and expect that to be ok imo.

He didnt imply he would do a Wolves if he could, he said it plain as day.

The Myanmar debacle a country still in the news to this day was disgusting from Radz, forget football, that is something he should hang his head in shame for. He can dress it up howev he wants, he used the club for his own business interests and completely disregarded the horrific events going on there at the same time.

And for those reasons he deserves flack, as any other owner at any other club would have had it been them.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 27175
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by faaip » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Did you see the Preston game in the end?
BPF - Hossannah - Halme - Diaz - Struijk - Oduor - Gotts - Stevens - McCalmont - Temenuzhkov - Shackleton

"objective fan" - is that a consistent oxymoron?"

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT THE FUTURE IS WHITE

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3122
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by NorfolkWhite » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:52 pm

lufc1304 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm
I think we're all in agreement that Bielsa is very much his own man, and certainly no shrinking violet. Do you not think if he wanted another CH, he'd have been battering down Radz' door demanding one? He hasn't done, which suggests that, despite what we all might think, he truly believes we don't need one. I think he's wrong, but he's the boss, not me, so I'll go with whatever the main man says.

By the way, all the digs at Radz are becoming tiresome. He's a novice in club ownership terms, so he's going to make mistakes. But he's done more good than ill, in my view, not least of which is giving us Bielsa who has, in the short time he's been here, transformed the first team squad into the most talked about in the league and one which we all, quietly, think just might have a chance of actually doing something this year. Give the guy a chance, ffs
100% this :tup:

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3122
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by NorfolkWhite » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:43 pm
Was willing to give Radz time, still am, but he deserves the flack he gets.

When you take the club to a war zone to further your own business interests then you deserve flack.

When you have a twitter rant then claim it was only to see if you could do the same thing and then name drop these famous agents and then dont deliver then you deserve flack.

When you make a big song and dance about buying back the ground for the club, but actually the club doesnt own the ground at all and were the club to be sold then that doesnt include the ground theb you deserve questioning.

When you sell key players, Wood and Vieira and dont replace them sufficiently and under your watch the club wastes tens of millions on poor players thus leaving them under financed for the following season then again you deserve flack.

You cant do what he did with Wolves and then have a transfer window like we have had and expect that to be ok imo.

He didnt imply he would do a Wolves if he could, he said it plain as day.

The Myanmar debacle a country still in the news to this day was disgusting from Radz, forget football, that is something he should hang his head in shame for. He can dress it up howev he wants, he used the club for his own business interests and completely disregarded the horrific events going on there at the same time.

And for those reasons he deserves flack, as any other owner at any other club would have had it been them.
The Myanmar trip was a debacle you are right, something the club should have been nowhere near.

Azkalwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Azkalwhite » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Cjay wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:43 pm
Was willing to give Radz time, still am, but he deserves the flack he gets.

When you take the club to a war zone to further your own business interests then you deserve flack.

When you have a twitter rant then claim it was only to see if you could do the same thing and then name drop these famous agents and then dont deliver then you deserve flack.

When you make a big song and dance about buying back the ground for the club, but actually the club doesnt own the ground at all and were the club to be sold then that doesnt include the ground theb you deserve questioning.

When you sell key players, Wood and Vieira and dont replace them sufficiently and under your watch the club wastes tens of millions on poor players thus leaving them under financed for the following season then again you deserve flack.

You cant do what he did with Wolves and then have a transfer window like we have had and expect that to be ok imo.

He didnt imply he would do a Wolves if he could, he said it plain as day.

The Myanmar debacle a country still in the news to this day was disgusting from Radz, forget football, that is something he should hang his head in shame for. He can dress it up howev he wants, he used the club for his own business interests and completely disregarded the horrific events going on there at the same time.

And for those reasons he deserves flack, as any other owner at any other club would have had it been them.
Cjay,

I have been biting my tongue somewhat since this subject arose during preseason. I am not going to get drawn in to any subsequent debate or arguments about it, as it is, in essence, very much an emotive subject, with political and racial connotations.

I am aware that you more than likely, as well as others, feel that you are up to speed with something that has raised its head on the media rounds, and subsequent special reports. It would be remiss of me to comment on why I feel you are you are wrong, and therefore I shall abstain. I will however encourage you to garner more unbiased research on Myanmar, its trade partners, which includes our very own squeaky clean UK. In addition, I feel your comments are offensive to the average Burmese citizen, and for the record AR did not bring our team to a war zone.

On a lighter note, perhaps pick yourself up a classic copy of "The Glass Palace", written by an Intelligent, talented, and highly educated author, Amitav Ghosh, which will hopefully stimulate your eagerness for learning about Myanmar and the South East Asia region in general.

BTW, really enjoy the majority of your posts, which are typically well thought out. :)

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19966
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by gessa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Danny Baath 6'3" Central Defender from Wolves, getting linked

Norm
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5277
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Norm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:51 pm

gessa wrote:

Danny Baath 6'3" Central Defender from Wolves, getting linked
Also read on these pages about their Captain wanting away or up for grabs - same guy?

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Azkalwhite wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:34 pm
Cjay,

I have been biting my tongue somewhat since this subject arose during preseason. I am not going to get drawn in to any subsequent debate or arguments about it, as it is, in essence, very much an emotive subject, with political and racial connotations.

I am aware that you more than likely, as well as others, feel that you are up to speed with something that has raised its head on the media rounds, and subsequent special reports. It would be remiss of me to comment on why I feel you are you are wrong, and therefore I shall abstain. I will however encourage you to garner more unbiased research on Myanmar, its trade partners, which includes our very own squeaky clean UK. In addition, I feel your comments are offensive to the average Burmese citizen, and for the record AR did not bring our team to a war zone.

On a lighter note, perhaps pick yourself up a classic copy of "The Glass Palace", written by an Intelligent, talented, and highly educated author, Amitav Ghosh, which will hopefully stimulate your eagerness for learning about Myanmar and the South East Asia region in general.

BTW, really enjoy the majority of your posts, which are typically well thought out. :)
Hi Azkal.

I fully admit my knowledge of whats going on in Myanmar is limited.

But 700k people fled there homes, there are 1st hand accounts of soldiers burning down villages, raping and killing men women and children, torture as well.

Not a war zone, war zone implies to opposing sides who have a disagreement, two opposing armies.

What there is is ethnic cleansing according to Amnesty International.

Something that those in charge of Myanmar must know about and likely ordered.

The man who funded our tour made his money because he is close to those same people who are behind what is going on.

While i admit i know little, i find it hard to see justification for us going there under those circumstances.

Edit, speak freely no need to bite tongue mate :)
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norm
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5277
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Norm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Answered my own question.
If he's captain, why is he loaned out so much?

Don't care really - if he's got 2 good legs and has some experience he's a warm body at the right height, or is height still king on these pages?

User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by hector » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:39 pm

I think it depends on what day of the week it is Norm, and what was eaten for breakfast or summat like that.......
:tup: “And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.” :wink:

Norm
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5277
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Norm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Cleared up in your usual lucid manner old fruit.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6978
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Norm wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:27 pm
Answered my own question.
If he's captain, why is he loaned out so much?

Don't care really - if he's got 2 good legs and has some experience he's a warm body at the right height, or is height still king on these pages?
Was a key player in the dark days apparently.

Wolves fans seem to respect him for his service but lower level Championship at best or league 1 level

Post Reply