Competitions Reminder

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds comp - After all the daily reminders 7 forgot to play!

Post by 1964white » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Reminders to play on a regular daily basis & still 7 forgot to play the Leeds Correct Score/Scorers :shock:

All Leeds Are We :whistle:

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Predict 6 updated.

Games on Wednesday.

Norm
Manager
Manager

Post by Norm » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Leon I imagine that, if people want to play, they'll play - if not, they won't.
Are you a frustrated school prefect, here to lecture us on our responsibilities to you and all the competitions, to dress us down for failing to meet your attendance targets? It certainly seems to me that you have that delusion.

ALAW yes, just don't imply we're not because some of our membership don't enter all M.O.T. Competitions.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Competition Reminder

Post by 1964white » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Norm wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:27 pm
Leon I imagine that, if people want to play, they'll play - if not, they won't.
Are you a frustrated school prefect, here to lecture us on our responsibilities to you and all the competitions, to dress us down for failing to meet your attendance targets? It certainly seems to me that you have that delusion.

ALAW yes, just don't imply we're not because some of our membership don't enter all M.O.T. Competitions.
So what is the point in entering the competitions in the first place?

Some of us put a lot time & effort into the comps/polls on here including yourself Norm so it would be good if those who start with good intentions continue to support the comps.

It's a frigging Leeds competition ffs, not a music poll or horse racing comp

I've had my rant.....I may even scrap the competition reminder thread as I'm far too busy wasting my time on such matters & on folk who can't be arsed

Norm
Manager
Manager

Re: Competitions Reminder

Post by Norm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:23 pm

So what is the point in entering the competitions in the first place?
The point surely was that only 9 people had taken part in Cjays’ competition, not that some had taken part and now weren’t! It’s a perfectly good competition but it doesn’t suit me so I won’t be taking part, and I will not explain myself.
Some of us put a lot time & effort into the comps/polls on here including yourself Norm so it would be good if those who start with good intentions continue to support the comps.
That doesn’t give you the right to berate members who don’t want to take part in specific competitions or who want to drop out or who forget one week. It isn’t down to you to tell us what to do and no-one should feel pressured to enter or continue something they don’t want to, for whatever reason. Some people just don’t like competitions and especially polls, but fair dos to those who do want to play.
It's a frigging Leeds competition ffs, not a music poll or horse racing comp
And?

Seems to me my previous contention also applies here.
I've had my rant.....I may even scrap the competition reminder thread as I'm far too busy wasting my time on such matters & on folk who can't be arsed
Your competition reminder thread has been of dubious value anyway. Like I said, if people want to take part, then they will, unless some forget one week.

Accept members for who they are Leon – we’re lucky to have some really good gals and guys on here..
I believe in freedom of choice, especially when it comes to what we do with our valuable time, and mine is not necessarily at your disposal!
I enjoy doing ‘Guess the crowd’ and it’s gratifying to have a lot of entrants, but I never forget that people enter because they want to, not because we nag them into it.

hector

Post by hector » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:51 pm

I thought all the nags were on the horse racing thread.....

:) :)
:tup: “Always ensure it is an original HECTOR post and not a cheap immitation” :wink:

Norm
Manager
Manager

Post by Norm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Ideally