How does the 201920 Leeds United away kit rank against other away kits?

28 Aug 2019 04:59pm, by YorkshireSquare


Leeds United’s 2019-20 away kit achieved the best record online sales in early August. Shortly after launch, the club sold over 4,000 away shirts in a single day. The team’s platinum kit with a pink accent broke the first-day sales record as Leeds United supporters fell in love with the outfit. Leeds United supporters can use the Black Type coupon code to wager on the Whites all season long as they seek automatic promotion.

Leeds United have had some great change strips over the years. From blue to yellow to black, Leeds United have worn some excellent kits. So, how does the 2019-20 Leeds United away kit rank against other change strips?


5. Nike 2001-03



Leeds United’s 2001-03 Nike made away kit just happens to be the change strip that led the club from Premier League prosperity toward uncertain times. The kit had a strong blue color with a vibrant yellow accent. The famous Leeds United badge was mirrored by the iconic Nike swoosh on the opposite side of the chest. Nike was the source of a few great Leeds United kits and luring the American sportswear brand back to Elland Road would surely please plenty of supporters. Leeds United finished fifth in 2001-02 with Mark Viduka and Robbie Fowler tallying 12 goals apiece. Unfortunately, they would reach only 15th place a season later.


4. Macron 2013-14



Champagne football anyone? Leeds United’s 2013-14 away strip was one of the more experimental in Leeds United’s history. The Macron made kit was 80% champagne colored with navy blue accent making up the other 20%. The kit gets points for being different than the usual yellow or blue scheme Leeds United typically wear.


3. Kappa 2016-17



Kappa’s 2016-17 away offering was a nice touch. It was the blue Leeds United supporters have become accustomed to while offering subtle touches to make it stand out. The shirt’s design and cut gave it an old-school appearance. It had a tight crew neck and the sleeves were quite long. Perhaps the only issue was it appeared to be too form-fitting.


2. Kappa 2018-19



Mark up another cool look for Leeds United courtesy of Kappa. The navy-blue shirt had a flourish of thin blue and yellow lines going horizontally and vertically. It is the type of shirt that will be remembered by supporters for years to come. The 2018-19 away top is definitely one that will be re-made in the future as a classic top.


1. Nike 2000-02



The best of the best, Nike’s 2000-02 all yellow away strip was Leeds United during the club’s turn of the century pomp. The Nike made top had a brilliant V-neck with a collar that screamed classy football top. The entire kit wasn’t overly complex in its design. That simplicity helped make it an iconic shirt that can be replicated but never topped. Of course, Leeds United were blazing trails in the Champions League in 2000-01, which makes the kit even more memorable.