Leeds to break the bank for Belgium star

03 Jun 2021 07:54 am, by Ellandback1


Good Morning. It's Thursday 3rd June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...


Leeds to break the bank for Belgium star

The Telegraph are reporting that Leeds want to sign striker Michy Batshuayi from Chelsea. The Belgium International has 22 goals in 33 appearances for Roberto Martínez's side, but has fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge. Since signing from Marseille in 2016, the 33.2m signing has spent the majority of time on loan. Last season he made 18 appearances for Crystal Palace, netting twice. You'd imagine that a player in this type of form would be available on the cheap! Unfortunately not, the Blues want every penny they paid for him five years ago!

Bielsa and Batshuayi worked together at Marseille, and the Argentine trusts him. Bearing that in mind, should Leeds break the bank to bring the 27yo on board?





Fans angry at Perraud U -turn

Leeds fans have expressed their frustrations on social media regarding the collapse of the Romain Perraud deal. Whilst they recognise that the club does not want to be ripped off or taken advantage of, many feel that spending 15-18m on a player of his potential is a gamble worth taking, especially is their second or third choices will only save them 4-5 million!





Leeds in talks over Georgian International

Talks are underway between Victor Orta and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia’s agent as they aim to bring the sensational winger to Elland Road. The highly rated 20yo currently applies his trade with Russian top flight outfit Rubin Kazan. According to POSTV journalist Lasha Kokiashvili, the Georgian reporter said that Leeds are in negotiations with “well-known” agent Christian Emile over a summer swoop for Kvaratskhelia! Rubin Kazan want circa 18m for the Georgian International. He has scored four goals and supplied eight assists in 23 appearances. His World class skills have not gone unnoticed with other European clubs, however it looks like Leeds have the early advantage.





Southgate's anger at booing

A large section of fans booed the players as they took the knee during the England v Austria game last night at the Riverside Stadium! Similarly to the Champions League final, boo's and whistling could be heard ringing out throughout the ground as the players showed their respect for the the anti racism cause!

I did hear it. It’s not something on behalf of our black players I wanted to hear because it feels as though it’s a criticism of them. I think we have got a situation where some people seem to think it’s a political stand that they don’t agree with. That’s not the reason the players are doing it. We’re supporting each other. I was pleased that was drowned out by the majority of the crowd.

We can’t deny the fact that it happened. I think the most important thing for our players to know is all their teammates and all the staff are very supportive. I think the majority of people understand it. I think some people aren’t quite understanding the message. I suppose we’re seeing that across a number of football grounds at the moment.

Is it out and out racism, or are they protesting against what they truly believe is a political organisation like ANTIFA? These same fans haven't booed in the past, yet almost half squad is black. If they were racist, would they follow their Country home and away? What would you do if the person you have sat next to at home matches for years was actively booing taking the knee? Would you say something to them, ignore them, or report them to a steward? Would you ask to be moved?




View all Showing latest five comments of eighteen...

Leeds1000 wrote on 04 Jun 2021 07:25 am

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:52 pm While the gesture may not need to be directed at you, personally, apparently the players feel the need to make it anyway. They're the ones who are being targeted for racial abuse, after all, and I suppose we ought to let them make the decision as to how much longer it needs to go on.

Apparently there are still a lot of people who, unlike you, need that particular education.
If people haven't got the message by now John i'm not sure you will ever change their minds. I could listen to this kid all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68101nnx0SE

Another angle.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/06/0 ... land-fans/

John in Louisiana wrote on 03 Jun 2021 07:52 pm

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:29 pm Most of us already understood the message. After a year, how much more do we need to be educated?
While the gesture may not need to be directed at you, personally, apparently the players feel the need to make it anyway. They're the ones who are being targeted for racial abuse, after all, and I suppose we ought to let them make the decision as to how much longer it needs to go on.

Apparently there are still a lot of people who, unlike you, need that particular education.

Smudge3920 wrote on 03 Jun 2021 05:50 pm

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:13 pm The dictionary defines "apartheid" as "a policy or system of segregation or discrimination on grounds of race."

Seems to me you need to think again about which country that applies to.

In Israel, if you're an Arab, you can vote and serve in the Knesset. At last count there were fourteen Arab members of the Knesset. How many Jews live under either Hamas or the Palestinian Authority? Which country's charter calls for the destruction of the other based only on their religion?
God post Jil, facts always create problems don't ya know...And many in the world support open borders...difficult to assimalate, with so many territorial disputes ongoing ...

Smudge3920 wrote on 03 Jun 2021 05:46 pm

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm Has anyone ever heard of prejudice when blacks abuse Whites or has that never happened?
There are many documented cases of this Eb. It would appear, that the media do a better job of hiding Black on white abuses/race hatred.

I will leave it to yourselfs to research if interested, as I know full well what will happen if I post supporting documentation...Untill the law start dealing with the facts of a case and stop capitualting to "group aggressions" nothing will change... Those gulity of breaking their oaths of office, must be sentenced and punished.
And we have to stop making martyrs of those killed during the act of a criminal offence.

Leeds1000 wrote on 03 Jun 2021 05:29 pm

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:07 pm I don't understand why the taking of the knee is getting people so worked up. What's so controversial about condemning racism? Especially since the whole thing takes less than five seconds.

We don't need a striker at £33 million. I seem to recall we already have the EPL's fourth-leading scorer at that position.
Most of us already understood the message. After a year, how much more do we need to be educated?