Politicly incorrect thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
radebe88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Politicly incorrect thread

Post by radebe88 »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 pm Ricky Gervais. I think he is as funny as a car crash
Sasha Baron Cohen ditto
Gervais is my favourite.
I also like Frankie Boyle

Lee Evans is my least favourite
Mick Jones shoulder
First Team
First Team

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Derek & Clive are great if you want to be offensive. That's Pete & Dud for the uninitiated.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

radebe88 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am You misunderstood, I don't feel embarrassed for you. I find it embarrassing for the forum and the members that don't think those things are appropriate and/or funny. For the record once again I'm not offended, I just don't think those types of jokes are that funny or clever. Everyone is free to post these recycled jokes, that's what makes the free world so great.
And yet you still miss the irony of your posts... :)
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:33 pm Don't be so hard on Smudge...... He is doing his bit for the planet

After all.................................. He is....................

saving-the-planet-by-recycling-bad-jokes-eco-pun-phoxy-design.jpg
:roflmao: wot do you mean 'ol boy?... oh by the way did you hear about the Big white horse that walked into a Royal Corps of Signals Wo & Sgts Mess?..walks up to the bar, looks at the barman and orders a pint of bitter... the barman pulls the pint gives it to the horse, the horse drinks it down in one and orders another...as he is pulling the pint the barman says, "you know we have a nice scotch named after you ... the horse looks at him with an odd look on his face and says .
.wait for it ...
"Wot Fred?..."
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

An Englishman, an Irishman, a Welshman, and a Scotsman are all on a hot air balloon...
The conductor almost panicked says, there's too much weight! Someone needs to jump off, or we're going to crash! The Welshman bravely steps up, For the glory of wales! And the Welshman throws himself off... The conductor still panicked says, okay, we're close but there is still too much weight! The Irishman, in a patriotic manner yells, For Ireland!... And throws the Englishman off
:lol:
Side before self & MOT
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Perhaps this should be on a separate PC (instead of PC incorrect) thread, but I couldn't quite believe this when I read it on the BBC news website yesterday.

Fairytale of New York: BBC Radio 1 will not play original version

BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.

The station said young listeners were particularly sensitive to derogatory terms for gender and sexuality.

It will instead play an edited version with different lyrics sung by MacColl.

But the 1987 original will still be played on Radio 2, while 6 Music DJs can choose between the two versions.

A BBC spokesman said: "We know the song is considered a Christmas classic and we will continue to play it this year, with our radio stations choosing the version of the song most relevant for their audience."

But Radio 1 has decided younger listeners who are unfamiliar with the track would find some of the words stark and not in line with what they would expect to hear on air.

The new edited version changes two lines - one swapped for an alternative version in which MacColl sings "You're cheap and you're haggard" in place of a homophobic slur.

MacColl sang the newly-added line on Top of the Pops in 1992. She died in a boat accident in Mexico eight years later, at the age of 41.

The same wording was used by Ronan Keating and Moya Brennan in their 2000 cover version. When Ed Sheeran and Anne-Marie performed the song in Radio 1's Live Lounge in 2017, she opted to call him a "cheap lousy blagger".

In Radio 1's newly-edited version, another line, sung by Shane MacGowan in the second verse, has a word removed entirely.

Radio 1 has played the song in its original form in recent years, but the insults contained in the lyrics, sung in the form of a blazing row between an alcoholic and a heroin addict, have long been criticised by some.

The track was censored by Radio 1 back in 2007, but that decision was swiftly reversed after an outcry by its fans.

Andy Parfitt, the station's controller at the time, explained the U-turn by saying its audiences were "smart enough to distinguish between maliciousness and creative freedom", and there was no "negative intent behind the use of the words".

In 2018, MacGowan defended the song, explaining: "The word was used by the character because it fitted with the way she would speak and with her character. She is not supposed to be a nice person, or even a wholesome person.

"She is a woman of a certain generation at a certain time in history, and she is down on her luck and desperate. Her dialogue is as accurate as I could make it, but she is not intended to offend.

"She is just supposed to be an authentic character and not all characters in songs and stories are angels or even decent and respectable. Sometimes characters in songs and stories have to be evil or nasty in order to tell the story effectively."
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Muppet the Cat wrote...Perhaps this should be on a separate PC (instead of PC incorrect) thread, but I couldn't quite believe this when I read it on the BBC news website yesterday.
And you have to pay the BBC a liscence fee for them to dictate like that to you...bloody amazing...sad thing is mate they really feel they are right...
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Apparently it's no longer politically correct to direct a joke at any racial or ethic minority, so...
An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Gurkha, a Latvian, a Turk, an Aussie, two Kiwis, a German, an American, a South African, a Cypriot, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, a Dane, a Romani, a Bulgarian, a Swiss, a Greek, a Bulgarian, a Singaporean, a Norwegian, a Libyan, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Monk, an Italian, a Serb, a Russian and an Ethiopian went to a bar.

The bouncer said, "I'm sorry, you can't come in here without a Thai"

Side before self & MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:50 pm Perhaps this should be on a separate PC (instead of PC incorrect) thread, but I couldn't quite believe this when I read it on the BBC news website yesterday.

Fairytale of New York: BBC Radio 1 will not play original version

BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.

The station said young listeners were particularly sensitive to derogatory terms for gender and sexuality.

It will instead play an edited version with different lyrics sung by MacColl.

But the 1987 original will still be played on Radio 2, while 6 Music DJs can choose between the two versions.

A BBC spokesman said: "We know the song is considered a Christmas classic and we will continue to play it this year, with our radio stations choosing the version of the song most relevant for their audience."

But Radio 1 has decided younger listeners who are unfamiliar with the track would find some of the words stark and not in line with what they would expect to hear on air.

The new edited version changes two lines - one swapped for an alternative version in which MacColl sings "You're cheap and you're haggard" in place of a homophobic slur.

MacColl sang the newly-added line on Top of the Pops in 1992. She died in a boat accident in Mexico eight years later, at the age of 41.

The same wording was used by Ronan Keating and Moya Brennan in their 2000 cover version. When Ed Sheeran and Anne-Marie performed the song in Radio 1's Live Lounge in 2017, she opted to call him a "cheap lousy blagger".

In Radio 1's newly-edited version, another line, sung by Shane MacGowan in the second verse, has a word removed entirely.

Radio 1 has played the song in its original form in recent years, but the insults contained in the lyrics, sung in the form of a blazing row between an alcoholic and a heroin addict, have long been criticised by some.

The track was censored by Radio 1 back in 2007, but that decision was swiftly reversed after an outcry by its fans.

Andy Parfitt, the station's controller at the time, explained the U-turn by saying its audiences were "smart enough to distinguish between maliciousness and creative freedom", and there was no "negative intent behind the use of the words".

In 2018, MacGowan defended the song, explaining: "The word was used by the character because it fitted with the way she would speak and with her character. She is not supposed to be a nice person, or even a wholesome person.

"She is a woman of a certain generation at a certain time in history, and she is down on her luck and desperate. Her dialogue is as accurate as I could make it, but she is not intended to offend.

"She is just supposed to be an authentic character and not all characters in songs and stories are angels or even decent and respectable. Sometimes characters in songs and stories have to be evil or nasty in order to tell the story effectively."
Unbelievable Cat, just read this article on the BBC news page

The world is going truly mad :x
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 pm Apparently it's no longer politically correct to direct a joke at any racial or ethic minority, so...
An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Gurkha, a Latvian, a Turk, an Aussie, two Kiwis, a German, an American, a South African, a Cypriot, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, a Dane, a Romani, a Bulgarian, a Swiss, a Greek, a Bulgarian, a Singaporean, a Norwegian, a Libyan, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Monk, an Italian, a Serb, a Russian and an Ethiopian went to a bar.

:rol: :rol: :rol:
White Riot
First Team
First Team

Post by White Riot »

Back in the 80s, I started work at a large nuclear plant as a Safety Equipment Worker. One of our duties was to fit test the whole site for masks/respirators. To do this you would have people enter a room we called "the gas chamber" while wearing a respirator and bright orange coveralls. We would then ignite a tear gas pellet and see if the respirator fit was effective ;-)

At the time we had a legendary shop steward called Jimmy D, fully fledged alcoholic, and lazy as the day is long, but a very funny guy.

So Jimmy was assigned to this task one day, which happened to be the day we had some very important German visitors from Euratom on site, who needed to be fit tested.

One of these guys was a bit terrified when it was explained to him what the process would be by Jimmy D, and refused to enter the "gas chamber". So Jimmy shoved him inside and shut the door saying "Listen mate, it was good enough for the Jews, so it's f**king good enough for you!".

Good old days :lol:
Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Post by Chilli D »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 pm Apparently it's no longer politically correct to direct a joke at any racial or ethic minority, so...

Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Not a good mix #3

G 1.gif
G 1.gif (1.16 MiB) Viewed 252 times
Side before self & MOT
hector

Post by hector »

I see that happen at least once a year....

The estate where I live (Country, not Council) host Pheasant shoots each year, I get roped in for beating every now and then when the numbers are low, it is an eye opener most times :mrgreen:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

hector wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 am I see that happen at least once a year....

The estate where I live (Country, not Council) host Pheasant shoots each year, I get roped in for beating every now and then when the numbers are low, it is an eye opener most times :mrgreen:
People pay to come shooting and give you a beating 😂😂
Or do you administer the beating?

Oh I see, a ground beater
White Riot
First Team
First Team

Post by White Riot »

My favourite comedian at the moment is the great Micky Flanagan = funny as :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOvKrh4xI3g
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:30 pm This forum is a kindergarten in comparison to a Leeds site some on here visit
If you want to make the comparison with Waccoe, a) it's less of an old man's closed shop, b) I can stick up for myself without getting banned, c) only last week someone was banned for targeting me with sexist 'jokes'.

I love MOT, I really do, but it is only a comfortable place to be so long as you conform to the opinions of a certain demographic. That those people invoke the right to freedom of speech whilst doubling down on their version of what others should think is the one truly funny thing in this thread.
Came in from the side door smelling of petrol...
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:36 am Forum member - "lame, dated, sexist joke"

Sara - expresses her freedom of speech by saying its "embarrassing to the forum"

The people - "Theres no such thing as freedom of speech anymore" :lol:
Nail on head.
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Incidentally, the only thing I'm 'offended' by personally (since gammons love to use that word), is the suggestion that women can't shoot; I was a crack shot with a Lee Enfield 303 by the time I was fifteen.

The gas chamber comment is decidedly off though.
radebe88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by radebe88 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:43 pm And yet you still miss the irony of your posts... :)
There is no irony there smudge :lol: much like the alanis morissette song.