Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Lumiukko »

Yes, very nice words from Pep. This is definitely a game to just sit back and enjoy some of the best football the planet has to offer with Pep up against Bielsa. A game for the purists.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Perfectly put Pep.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Bielsa is one of the greatest managers of all time. We are incredibly lucky that a genius has decided that Leeds United will be his masterpiece, the culmination of a decades long obsession with football perfection. Guardiola has the good grace to admit this. I don't know if Leeds will beat Man City this weekend, it's a bunch of Championship players taking on one of the most expensively assembled squads ever. But because of Bielsa, I think we might, and if we don't we will fail playing some of the finest football ever. These are truly remarkable times.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:44 pm Perfectly put Pep.
Concur H...
Mountain wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:48 pm Bielsa is one of the greatest managers of all time. We are incredibly lucky that a genius has decided that Leeds United will be his masterpiece, the culmination of a decades long obsession with football perfection. Guardiola has the good grace to admit this. I don't know if Leeds will beat Man City this weekend, it's a bunch of Championship players taking on one of the most expensively assembled squads ever. But because of Bielsa, I think we might, and if we don't we will fail playing some of the finest football ever. These are truly remarkable times.
Very well said Mountain...was the reason why I was saying earlier this week...I would love Citeh to put out the full 1st team squad against our best team...a Bielsa/Pep showcase...a real purist's game...TBH I am not really bothered about the score I just want a classic game that all will be talking about Saturday night and many years to come.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

When they have nothing else to say they just end up trotting out the same uninformed tripe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56705551
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

And we thought beating City away would be the best news today.

It's just been overtaken...please let this be true...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:55 pm https://www.premierleague.com/news/2129196

Vote for MB.
Done :tup:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Done ...should be no contest MB all the way
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa, whose current deal at the club runs out at the end of the season, is close to agreeing a new contract with the Elland Road side according The Telegraph
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another Brighton player who wishes he played for us :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

What a challenge these last few years have been for him and i bet he has loved every minute. We are the envy of every other team in the league having the great Bielsa
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

He explains things so well...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa has held talks with the club over a new contract and is "not considering alternatives."

He reiterated he would decide his future after the final game of the season, at home to West Brom on Sunday.

"The evaluation of the continuity of a manager is such a delicate decision," he said.

But he added: "I can't not say I have revised with the authorities of the club all the variables that means to carry on.

"I am not considering any alternative option. I am being sincere, I do not have alternative options."
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:45 pm I can't not say I have revised with the authorities of the club all the variables that means to carry on.
Even when I don't understand him, I love him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm Even when I don't understand him, I love him.
Yes whatever the great man you have to love him :love:
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

This is one of those periods in life when you think you know how lucky you are, but you won’t realise just how lucky for years to come.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm always nervous now around this time...he's irreplaceable, probably the best manager in the division and one day he'll walk away.... Until he signs I'm not going to think about it...but we need 2 more seasons at least
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:36 pm I'm always nervous now around this time...he's irreplaceable, probably the best manager in the division and one day he'll walk away.... Until he signs I'm not going to think about it...but we need 2 more seasons at least
:tup: ... concur Faaip...this is the make or break point for greatness or just being a Prem league club...2 more years... then I think he will go back to 1 year contracts. :P
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:36 pm I'm always nervous now around this time...he's irreplaceable, probably the best manager in the division and one day he'll walk away.... Until he signs I'm not going to think about it...but we need 2 more seasons at least
Indeed at least two more seasons Faaip :tup: