Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:49 pm If this stays a draw, just watch Scotland celebrate like they've won the World Cup
Of course, this is their World Cup.

Fair play to them though they did okay and we were :poo:
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fwat Fwank will be smiling.... on Amazon right now looking for new office furniture and ordered his England manager's door sign :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:50 pm Well...Scotland deserved to win that...Kane 150 mill :lol: ....Sterling complete waste of time at that level...
They at least deserved a draw and if they'd won I would quite happily say well played.

We were dreadful.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hopefully that puts the myth of Grealish to bed.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 pm Hopefully that puts the myth of Grealish to bed.
Quite a few others n all.

Southgate could easily go ultra defensive against the Czechs as a draw is enough for us.

In fact we're probably already through.
billysboots
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by billysboots »

The English substitutions didn’t work for me, not the sign of a good manager.
There Is Only One United.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Awful.

Slow

Negative

Poorly coached

Lazy

s**t.

Players are being picked on reputation and that is wrong. Southgate is a negative yes man who picks favourites

We will go out as soon as we play anyone decent.

Boring and crap.

Bamford was absolutely robbed based on Kane so far.

Sancho
Greenwood
Bellingham
Foden

All should start next match if Southgate has any balls.

He doesnt though but he is inoffensive and dull so the FA are happy
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A bunch of individuals currently poorly coached.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Foden off whilst Kane and Sterling stayed on

Sums Southgate up
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Sterling was very poor this evening, but he wasn’t alone
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 pm Hopefully that puts the myth of Grealish to bed.
So you've written him off after 25 minutes :roll:
Foden was the only English player attempting to go forward and there were plenty of others who he could of been taken off ahead of him Mount,Kane,James,Phillip or Sterling
Last edited by Bally on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

come one... written off after 25 mins off the bench!

tried to make it happen more than any other england player tonight even in that short period of time
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf to Grealish he had no chance of living up to the hype he was given and whilst he didnt impress he wasnt the problem tonight imo.

And actually its better for us if the media concentrate on Grealish and leave Foden be imo because Foden is the one and if hyping Grealish keeps Foden protected then im all for it.

Good player Grealish but Foden has the potential to be great.

But it doesnt matter because Southgate will suck the talent and bravery out of both of them like a dyson and inject dullness and safety first.

Soon they will both be passing backward and sideways like good boys.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

So much passing backwards today.....just awful to watch
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Kane again comfortably the worst player on the pitch as he has been for the last two tournaments, so slow, and zero movement, reminds me of Chris Wood.

Kalvin quiet but everytime he looked up the forwards were doing f**k all so back or sideways it went. Grealish reminded me of Poveda, head down no end product. you can have all the skill in the world but if you end up tackling yourself and falling over what's the point.
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

that rugby scrum in front of the goal near the end of the game was about the most exciting thing that England did during the whole night.

but sadly it reminded me of a bunch of 7 year olds playing football for the first time.

compare that to the well-oiled elegance of Italy and it puts English chances of winning the euros into perspective.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Tbh this is what a lot of us expected from England before the tournament began.

Our talented young players are wasted on Gareth. But it may well be the case that we're knocked out by one of the better sides like France or Portugal. If that happens I really don't expect Gareth to resign.

He will say that he's here for the long term and we're still progressing the project, blah, blah. I just wonder if the FA would have the balls to sack him in these circumstances and I doubt it.

The only way I see them booting him is if we get rammed by a rank average side like Scotland, which didn't happen, or say Sweden. In that case he might even go, like Hodgson after Iceland, as even he would be shamed by that.

So, don't roll out the red carpet for Frankie boy just yet. Should be hilarious if all his mates like Rio, Ashley Cashley Cole and JT, etc, start saying he's the best man for the job 🙂

As much as I loathe him, and think a Bielsa or someone like a Tuchel would be the answer, Lampard could probably do better than Gareth.
Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:42 pm Foden off whilst Kane and Sterling stayed on

Sums Southgate up
Kane has done nothing in two games . £150 mill , Levy is taking the piss .Kane doesn't even look like he should be in the England squad , let alone first name on the sheet .
At least it's the England we have come to expect for fifty years plus , promise much deliver nothing .
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

We may not progress any futher, and we can't crow about only getting a draw. But to dumbfound the pundits and exceed all expectations was a victory indeed. You could compare it to the charge of the Royal Scots Grays at the battle of Waterloo.Image

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

Poor performance against one of the lowest ranked teams in the tournament. We are usually crap the first game so we are ahead of schedule in that sense. I thought the Scots got their tactics spot on but we made it easy for them by dilly dallying around with it in defence too often and allowing them to get back into shape. Creativity was lacking in the middle to drive forward and open them up. The wingbacks didn't get forward enough. Another game that i feel Ayling would have enjoyed.

Poor performance out of the way and still unbeaten but same old England in terms of game management. We need more intensity and belief in the next game.

Mings good again and Pickford never put a foot wrong. The rest give yourselves a shake.

Only players to come out with any credit was Mings, Pickford