The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Muppet the Cat

Re: The Visual/Music Discussion Thread : Mashup song, what do you think?

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Did anyone else watch the ‘King Rocker’ music film/documentary which was on Sky Arts last night.

Focusing on Robert Lloyd it looked back ah his 40yr career/life in music as frontman with West Midland punk outfits The Prefects and The Nightingales and his later solo work.

Tbh not really listened to any of them before but he comes across as a top bloke and the film is a really good watch - I’d recommend it :tup:
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:22 am Did anyone else watch the ‘King Rocker’ music film/documentary which was on Sky Arts last night.

Focusing on Robert Lloyd it looked back ah his 40yr career/life in music as frontman with West Midland punk outfits The Prefects and The Nightingales and his later solo work.

Tbh not really listened to any of them before but he comes across as a top bloke and the film is a really good watch - I’d recommend it :tup:
It was a brilliant watch. My cousin is married to Graham Bunt, who was the original bass player in The Prefects (he wasn't featured but there were a few photos of him). She knows Robert and his missus really well and they are both lovey, apparently.
The Nightingales were one of those bands whose name I remember really well from listening to Peel in the 80s but don't really remember much about their work. This has given me the desire to jump in and re-examine their work.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Durly wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:55 pm It was a brilliant watch. My cousin is married to Graham Bunt, who was the original bass player in The Prefects (he wasn't featured but there were a few photos of him). She knows Robert and his missus really well and they are both lovey, apparently.
The Nightingales were one of those bands whose name I remember really well from listening to Peel in the 80s but don't really remember much about their work. This has given me the desire to jump in and re-examine their work.
Nice connection there Durly :tup:

I’ve been listening to a King Rocker soundtrack playlist (Fire Records) on Spotify today.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Sounds like its worth a look that Docu chaps.

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

Post by Leeds1000 »

The damned produce some energy to their music. I bet the gigs were wild just in front of the stage.

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

A few moor i have heard for the first time recently.

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

A couple moor i have given a spin again lately.

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A fantastic track - with a message, you could argue, is as relevant (50yrs after its release) as it was in 1971
gessa

Post by gessa »

Loving this
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

A couple of live Studio songs and a oldish Trance tune.

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Mix-up

Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

This shaping up to be one of my favourite albums of the year so far.......

The release of Christian Löffler’s EP Parallels is an experiment with DG’s Shellac Project – a collection of digitised material restored in a collaborative initiative with Google Arts & Culture. This project by German musician, visual artist and producer is an experimental electronica tribute to Beethoven.
“When listening to the recordings, I got the idea that Beethoven’s music was actually very human and accessible but became somewhat unearthly with decades of replaying and overthinking it,” Löffler explains. “I wanted to bring it back to the very basic feels.”
“We are delighted to embark on this explorative journey with Christian Löffler who brilliantly bridges a century of recording history,” says Deutsche Grammophon president Dr. Clemens Trautmann, “his sensitivity for the original work and for the artefact of a historic shellac recording combined with his boldness in creating new soundscapes make for a very exciting listening experience.”
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Another Mash-up.

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Kids get them hands ready to cover your ears. ;-)

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

System? I am the Lizard King, i can do anything.

Only 5.5k Views. Pop Idol could have made her......

Cheers Liam!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 am This shaping up to be one of my favourite albums of the year so far.......

The release of Christian Löffler’s EP Parallels is an experiment with DG’s Shellac Project – a collection of digitised material restored in a collaborative initiative with Google Arts & Culture. This project by German musician, visual artist and producer is an experimental electronica tribute to Beethoven.
“When listening to the recordings, I got the idea that Beethoven’s music was actually very human and accessible but became somewhat unearthly with decades of replaying and overthinking it,” Löffler explains. “I wanted to bring it back to the very basic feels.”
“We are delighted to embark on this explorative journey with Christian Löffler who brilliantly bridges a century of recording history,” says Deutsche Grammophon president Dr. Clemens Trautmann, “his sensitivity for the original work and for the artefact of a historic shellac recording combined with his boldness in creating new soundscapes make for a very exciting listening experience.”
Nice, Durly :tup: