Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Smudge3920 »

Welcome Peter...enjoy
LeeBrook
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LeeBrook »

I was born and bred in Hillsborough, Sheffield. All of my family were from Hillsborough and all were Wednesdayites. All except my dad and, being a daddies boy, I supported Sheffield United.

In the 1966-67 season they had built a good, young side and only wanted a couple of additions to be a top side.

That summer a rumour spread around Sheffield that 'a club' from over the pennines were after Mick Jones ...

United fans were distraught, "If they sell him I'll never support them again," they all said. "If Jones goes I go," said the manager, John Harris." "I'll support Leeds," I said.

October 7 1967 was my first match as a Leeds supporter. We beat Chelsea 7-0.
We've had our ups and downs since but I've never wavered. MOT.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Welcome LeeBrook...enjoy
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

I was born in Pakistan, moved to Norway when I was 6 with my family and have been living here since then and have turned 40 now :)

Have been a Leeds United fan since I was 7. Didn't follow the team as closesly as I would have liked to the last 16 years but now trying to watch every televised game of the team.

Just hoping we can establish ourselves in PL and achieve those historical hights again.

I feel I know my football as I have played at the highest youth level here in Norway, but had to leave football because of a foot injury. :(

This is a very friendly forum and I love to read the posts here as I can learn better english here. Please pardon my poor english skills as english is my 5th language after Norwegian and 3 pakistani languages (Urdu, Punjabi, Potwari).
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Allrounder wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:45 pm I was born in Pakistan, moved to Norway when I was 6 with my family and have been living here since then and have turned 40 now :)

Have been a Leeds United fan since I was 7. Didn't follow the team as closesly as I would have liked to the last 16 years but now trying to watch every televised game of the team.

Just hoping we can establish ourselves in PL and achieve those historical hights again.

I feel I know my football as I have played at the highest youth level here in Norway, but had to leave football because of a foot injury. :(

This is a very friendly forum and I love to read the posts here as I can learn better english here. Please pardon my poor english skills as english is my 5th language after Norwegian and 3 pakistani languages (Urdu, Punjabi, Potwari).
Hi Allrounder,

Good to have you on board mate. It's an exciting time for the club and the fans after so many years in the wilderness.

You're English seems very good to me.

I speak three languages, English, Cumbrian and Bulgarian (very badly).

Looking forward to your posts and hope life is good to you :)

Cheers,

White Riot.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Allrounder wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:45 pm I was born in Pakistan, moved to Norway when I was 6 with my family and have been living here since then and have turned 40 now :)

Welcome to MOT Allrounder :tup:
lufcconnor

Post by lufcconnor »

Hello lads- great to join and to be able to chat with fellow Whites.

When did you start supporting Leeds United?

I started supporting Leeds quite a few years ago now. As it goes with most kids, I didn't know who I wanted to support as I'd just gotten out of that glory hunting phase that happens when you're much younger. I watched a documentary on Revie's Leeds with one of my brothers, and was just so captured by the club and everything about it. My oldest brother was a Leeds fan back in the 90s so there was the incentive there. On top of that, my old school's secretary was a supporter and she gave me a nudge in the right direction. Never looked back.

What attracted you to the Mighty Whites

The club's tradition and history, the all white kits, the legendary players we've had, Don Revie, and I liked the name Elland Road. At the time I began supporting, we were still a Championship side, and I knew that we were a sleeping giant. I wanted to get through the dark times so I could experience the highs and lows of supporting a football club.

And finally did you or have you supported another team before or during your time watching football

Not really, before Leeds I bounced around clubs and struggled to find one I identified with.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

lufcconnor wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:16 pm Hello lads- great to join and to be able to chat with fellow Whites.

When did you start supporting Leeds United?

I started supporting Leeds quite a few years ago now. As it goes with most kids, I didn't know who I wanted to support as I'd just gotten out of that glory hunting phase that happens when you're much younger. I watched a documentary on Revie's Leeds with one of my brothers, and was just so captured by the club and everything about it. My oldest brother was a Leeds fan back in the 90s so there was the incentive there. On top of that, my old school's secretary was a supporter and she gave me a nudge in the right direction. Never looked back.

What attracted you to the Mighty Whites

The club's tradition and history, the all white kits, the legendary players we've had, Don Revie, and I liked the name Elland Road. At the time I began supporting, we were still a Championship side, and I knew that we were a sleeping giant. I wanted to get through the dark times so I could experience the highs and lows of supporting a football club.

And finally did you or have you supported another team before or during your time watching football

Not really, before Leeds I bounced around clubs and struggled to find one I identified with.
Hi Connor,

Good to have you on board mate :)

Yeah, it's always highs and lows supporting Leeds, no middle ground.

Yesterday, was a real low, we got well beaten by a much better team, that happens to be our most hated rivals. So a tough one to take. But I'm sure we'll bounce right back against Burnley and West Brom.

Take care mate :tup:

Marching On Together :strong:
Fresca
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Fresca »

Hi

Apologies, only just saw this place to introduce myself after my brief hello on the NY thread.

I watched my first LUFC game at the age of 10 in 1970 - the cup final - along with my dad and older brother. I hadn't really been aware of us before that, though my brother had been going to Elland Road since the mid 60s. He's actually on a photo of the Kop crowd on the cover of a Fairs cup final brochure. As a young girl, I suppose I wasn't expected, nor encouraged, to be a football fan and it wasn't till the 72 final that I remember watching us again.

By the time the 73 final came along, I was well and truly hooked and that was my first experience of heartbreak. My first game at ER was with my brother Jan 1st 1974 v Spurs.

I've been to watch other teams with friends. Sometimes went to Maine Rd with City fans and Craven Cottage with a Fulham fan when I lived in London. I can't say I've actively supported us as much as others, especially through the 80s and 90s when I lived down south. But I used to go to a few away games in the 90s in London and occasionally caught a game at ER during visits back to Leeds.

On moving back to Leeds in 2000 I started going to games more. Then got my first season ticket around 2008. Apart from a couple of seasons I've had a season ticket since then and sit in the north east upper with a friend who lives locally.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Welcome Fresca... Enjoy
Fresca
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Fresca »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:58 pm Welcome Fresca... Enjoy
Thank you!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Fresca wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:40 pm Hi

Apologies, only just saw this place to introduce myself after my brief hello on the NY thread.

I watched my first LUFC game at the age of 10 in 1970 - the cup final - along with my dad and older brother. I hadn't really been aware of us before that, though my brother had been going to Elland Road since the mid 60s. He's actually on a photo of the Kop crowd on the cover of a Fairs cup final brochure. As a young girl, I suppose I wasn't expected, nor encouraged, to be a football fan and it wasn't till the 72 final that I remember watching us again.

By the time the 73 final came along, I was well and truly hooked and that was my first experience of heartbreak. My first game at ER was with my brother Jan 1st 1974 v Spurs.

I've been to watch other teams with friends. Sometimes went to Maine Rd with City fans and Craven Cottage with a Fulham fan when I lived in London. I can't say I've actively supported us as much as others, especially through the 80s and 90s when I lived down south. But I used to go to a few away games in the 90s in London and occasionally caught a game at ER during visits back to Leeds.

On moving back to Leeds in 2000 I started going to games more. Then got my first season ticket around 2008. Apart from a couple of seasons I've had a season ticket since then and sit in the north east upper with a friend who lives locally.
Hi Fresca,

Happy New Year, great to have you on board.

We have a few other ladies on here: Becchio Bear, Sara M and Whiteswan. There might be others but I can't think of them.

It's a friendly forum and has plenty of good info and banter.
Fresca
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Fresca »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:47 am Hi Fresca,

Happy New Year, great to have you on board.

We have a few other ladies on here: Becchio Bear, Sara M and Whiteswan. There might be others but I can't think of them.

It's a friendly forum and has plenty of good info and banter.
Hi

Happy New Year! Thanks very much - I already know SaraM from another forum 😊
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fresca wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:40 pm Hi

Nice one Fresca :tup:

I wave to you next time I'm in the kop :wave:
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

Hello, I’ve already posted following the shock result yesterday as I have only just noticed this area for welcoming new members.
Have been a Leeds fan since I was about 8 years of age. (Just after the Bayern Munich final). Haven’t stopped following them since although I lived in Watford at the time. (They were in the 4th Division at the time and I expect as a kid I needed a club to support who were a bit more in the big games).
Left the UK in 1986 but still manage to follow on live streams.
Once a Leeds fan always a Leeds fan !
Love to visit Leeds soon and be able to see a match at Elland Road before I die !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
gessa

Post by gessa »

BillyBremner wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:46 am Hello, I’ve already posted following the shock result yesterday as I have only just noticed this area for welcoming new members.
Have been a Leeds fan since I was about 8 years of age. (Just after the Bayern Munich final). Haven’t stopped following them since although I lived in Watford at the time. (They were in the 4th Division at the time and I expect as a kid I needed a club to support who were a bit more in the big games).
Left the UK in 1986 but still manage to follow on live streams.
Once a Leeds fan always a Leeds fan !
Love to visit Leeds soon and be able to see a match at Elland Road before I die !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Welcome mate
Scouse Ste
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @steturton

Post by Scouse Ste »

Hello Leeds fans

Username's probably a give away but I'm actually not a Leeds supporter. (Red, not Blue).

Do have a big interest in the club as a friend of Adam Forshaw, though, and after winning the Champions League with the Whites on Champ Manager in the 90s as a nipper. Viduka was un-playable in my team that year :-D

I do a sports/betting podcast called My Conversations with The Pope and we had Adam on this week, talking his career, comeback and all things Leeds.

Will post the pod in a separate thread, hope you enjoy it if you get a chance to listen. Look forward to gabbing with you guys on here. :tup:
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_40f6.jpeg
VincentJames88
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @IllsleyVincent

Post by VincentJames88 »

Hi new year! been a leeds supporter ever since i was young , just got back into it again and would like to go watch Leeds as soon as we are able to , do you guys meet up in the ground at all ? it would be good to go an watch a game with others as my family isnt into sport at all.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Joined a couple of days back, so hello.

Been a Leeds fan all my life from a child during the glory years so seen all the ups and downs.
Henrybasset
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Henrybasset »

Thanks for letting me join the site. My first game was way back, 1958ish! Born in Leeds and lived on Old Lane, Beeston. About a mile from the ground.STH from the late 80s until 96 when I moved to Larkhill, Wiltshire. Still live here in Wiltshire. So many glorious and inglorious years, but still a fan who gets so nervous every match! My wife is a Southampton fan and we had our wedding reception at St.Mary’s. We have ST for the Saints, but I tell everyone there, first and foremost Leeds! It’s the only reasonable team to watch round here, and it’s a day out with the wife! I’ve told her when we play them at St Mary’s, I’ll wear a tee shirt with 7-0 written on it ha ha.hopefully might get to see us at the last match if fans are allowed. Both my daughters are fans and we speak every week on the phone discussing the game just played. Such a sad last few months losing so many players of my era.