Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lumiukko
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Lumiukko »

Hello all! Another newbie here, but have lurked for quite a long time. Felt it time to bite the bullet and sign up to comment on things.

Firstly, I should probably explain I am not an American, but have lived in Los Angeles (Santa Monica) for 12 years now, and before that in Helsinki, Finland for 4 years prior to that. However, I was born and raised in my younger years in Crigglestone, Wakefield, before spending my teenage years in Normanton. Obviously no footy team in Wakefield so became a Leeds fan as a young lad in the late 80s old Div2 days, mostly as my dad was a Leeds fan. Suffice to say, Leeds would be considered my local team anyway.

Happy to meet you all here, and look forward to banter about all things Leeds United. This place seems to be one of the more friendlier Leeds fan forums out there.

-Peter MOT ALAW
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Welcome Peter...enjoy
Side before self & MOT
LeeBrook
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LeeBrook »

I was born and bred in Hillsborough, Sheffield. All of my family were from Hillsborough and all were Wednesdayites. All except my dad and, being a daddies boy, I supported Sheffield United.

In the 1966-67 season they had built a good, young side and only wanted a couple of additions to be a top side.

That summer a rumour spread around Sheffield that 'a club' from over the pennines were after Mick Jones ...

United fans were distraught, "If they sell him I'll never support them again," they all said. "If Jones goes I go," said the manager, John Harris." "I'll support Leeds," I said.

October 7 1967 was my first match as a Leeds supporter. We beat Chelsea 7-0.
We've had our ups and downs since but I've never wavered. MOT.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Welcome LeeBrook...enjoy
Side before self & MOT