Kasper off

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Armleywhite

Re: Kasper off

Post by Armleywhite »

Im very hard pushed to think it'll be anyone other than loanee or an out of favour free deal.
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

We might get the other Casper back :mrgreen:
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

joluafc4eva wrote:We might get the other Casper back :mrgreen:
No thanks, he was worse than the last one!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

joluafc4eva wrote:We might get the other Casper back :mrgreen:
aye along with Smith bowyer and woodgate :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

I hear David Harvey is available?
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

becchio bear wrote:
aye along with Smith bowyer and woodgate :roll: :bear:
Wouldnt be at all surprised.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Armleywhite wrote: I agree fully, but still can't help thinking that this is a fukc up and whoever it is could be a lot worse than KS.
KS was a great shot stopper, but not really a keeper who commanded the box enough for me, scary to think we haven't got a keeper at all, but fingers crossed and trust in SG to do the business and bring in someone worthy.....If not then I will be the first to admit it Bates is a c*nt :-D
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

I just cant bring myself to care one bit if he leaves
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

joluafc4eva wrote: Wouldnt be at all surprised.
We seem to be going backwards as a team not forwards :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CSA wrote:We can do better than Schmiechel.....................I think

there are better keepers out there. but realistically? none that would sign for LUFC. I suppoose I might concede Taylor is like for like plus we get a million... Brown certainly not, ok back up, but I'm begining to wonder if we might not offer Higgs his old job back :roll:

I think we are rank outsiders to sign Westwood,
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Thing is, he is young and still learning. If he's as good as he is at this stage, just think what he's going to become in a few years? It just beggers belief that the statement, from various quarters about him going and no replacement, as far as e know.

Yes, he's made mistakes, but he saved us quite a few times. Without his stops we'd have been lucky to finish where we did imo..
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Great post from someone commenting about YEP website article about the sale - echo's my sentiments entirely :-

"So Leeds cant convince Kasper to sign for longer than a year, but Leicester can? There is a distinct lack of ambition coming out of Elland Road at the moment, but at least we'll have a new hotel, first class hospitality and a nightclub for the locals to enjoy. We've accepted a bid for Kasper the same day Grayson vows to keep striking sensation Billy Paynter. This is the same centre forward who failed to score on more than one occasion in over 20 odd appearances. I hear everyone's point about work rate, hold-up play etc, but centre forward are judged on scoring goals. Paynter offers no goal threat whatsoever. £650 a season to see Paynter and co scrap it out at the bottom of the table, whilst Bates milks the supporters and continues to sell our best players. Time for Grayson to take a stand and fight back, and the supporters to follow. Biggest problem we have is, we are all far too loyal and will keep paying the sky-high price to watch a team of freebies and second rate loanees. We are in grave danger of playing second fiddle to teams such as Leicester, Ipswich, Boro etc. Time for Investment from someone who cares about performances on the pitch. Bates OUT ! "
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

faaip wrote:

there are better keepers out there. but realistically? none that would sign for LUFC. I suppoose I might concede Taylor is like for like plus we get a million... Brown certainly not, ok back up, but I'm begining to wonder if we might not offer Higgs his old job back :roll:

I think we are rank outsiders to sign Westwood,

Sorry I'm talking bollox...I've just seen Taylor will be 41!!...also a backward step then
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
normangunston
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by normangunston »

Kasper's statement, directly contradicting our story about offering him a contract, shows just how badly we've mismanaged this situation. If in doubt keep your trap shut, or as the club was recently fond of saying: "Leeds United do not comment on speculation".

FFS, I thought Newcastle was bad, we look like an absolute laughing stock. All those clubs circling for Snodgrass and Gradel (the real crown jewels) will take great encouragement from this.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Gurj wrote:Great post from someone commenting about YEP website article about the sale - echo's my sentiments entirely :-

"So Leeds cant convince Kasper to sign for longer than a year, but Leicester can? There is a distinct lack of ambition coming out of Elland Road at the moment, but at least we'll have a new hotel, first class hospitality and a nightclub for the locals to enjoy. We've accepted a bid for Kasper the same day Grayson vows to keep striking sensation Billy Paynter. This is the same centre forward who failed to score on more than one occasion in over 20 odd appearances. I hear everyone's point about work rate, hold-up play etc, but centre forward are judged on scoring goals. Paynter offers no goal threat whatsoever. £650 a season to see Paynter and co scrap it out at the bottom of the table, whilst Bates milks the supporters and continues to sell our best players. Time for Grayson to take a stand and fight back, and the supporters to follow. Biggest problem we have is, we are all far too loyal and will keep paying the sky-high price to watch a team of freebies and second rate loanees. We are in grave danger of playing second fiddle to teams such as Leicester, Ipswich, Boro etc. Time for Investment from someone who cares about performances on the pitch. Bates OUT ! "

x2
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Gurj wrote:Great post from someone commenting about YEP website article about the sale - echo's my sentiments entirely :-

But you are falling into the trap of thinking Grayson is letting him go because of money on the table,maybe just maybe SG thinks he can DO BETTER than KS, FFS why can't we wait and see who the replacement is before we get the placards out, what a load of bollox that statement is 'time for simon to take a stand' do you really think that if he was as subversive as some imagine he would still be around the club.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Maybe our defence is going to be so awesome next season we aren't going to need any goalkeepers. :mrgreen:
wakey^white
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wakey^white »

in 5 years time he might be a great keeper but as yet only thing he has shown me last season is the potential is there.

would'nt shed any tears if he left and SG can find someone to command that box and those in front of him.
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Maybe our defence is going to be so awesome next season we aren't going to need any goalkeepers. :mrgreen:
Well there is always that I suppose - not holding my breath though
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

wakey^white wrote:in 5 years time he might be a great keeper but as yet only thing he has shown me last season is the potential is there.

would'nt shed any tears if he left and SG can find someone to command that box and those in front of him.
Be careful Wakey, don't talk too much sense. the consensus on here at the moment is more 'WERE DOOMED' than 'DON'T PANIC'.